1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Slackbot draws stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Slackbot, Nov 22, 2010.

1. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Oh my, how creative!:) I sometimes wish I can draw like this!!:)

2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

It's been a while, hasn't it? Too freakin' long. So here's three fraggles takin' leeks:

[​IMG]
    There's an odd story behind this. I found some videos on Youtube of Janken, Sage, and Poncle...well, not really videos, just still pictures with variations of the song Ievan Polkka in the background. It's a meme, and no, I don't understand it either. But since that song is also known as the leek-twirling song, I doodled the above out.

Say, have you ever wanted me to draw something for you? Would you like to help someone out in her time of need? If so, you are in luck! A friend of mine is in dire need of funds to pay for upcoming medical expenses. I don't have a ton of money to donate, but I have brushes, paper, and Photoshop. If you'd like to consider buying some art for a good cause, please clicky here for more information.

3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

What a fun picture! Just hope the Fraggles don't get confused by the Silly Creature slang, lol.

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Mmm, looks like the Feast of St. Crispen has come early to the Rock this year.

Yeah, I don't understand memes either, must be an interwebs thingy-thing. :p

5. Slackbot

Fraggles won't understand the specific meme, but they get music and dancing and they get vegetables, so they just assume this is a way to combine all three and don't worry about it.

6. The Count

Worry about it... Who me? Fahgett abott it.

In my case I'm glad to still have flowing water, but I've got a stick ready to summon and join the Pipebangers if necessary.

7. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Maybe the point of the videos was that Fraggles really like Finnish folk songs with veggies. Especially the veggies. That's what I'm going with.

So great to see these cuties again! :D :flirt:

8. Slackbot

I did 'nother! This was commissioned MC member TwoHeadedLlama. The request was to show Zoot asleep on a park bench, with Traveling Matt tickling him awake with a feather. Things like this are one reason I love this project--I would never have come up with an idea like this, and it was so much fun to draw!
    [​IMG]
    I'm still taking commissions to help my friend Geena with her surgery bills. The funding push lasts for 12 more days, so that's how long I'll be doing 'em. If you're interested, you'll find more info over here.

9. Slackbot

'Nother commission! This is for a Tough Pig who goes by the handle of Abigail (Cadabbigail). She wanted me to draw Wembley dancing in his bug costume from the Fraggle Rock episode Space Frog Follies. While that's a fun episode, I would never have thought of drawing Wem cosplaying as a fly.

[​IMG]
    I had a stupid amount of fun drawing this goofy pic. Thanks so much to Abigail (Cadabbigail) for commissioning me and helping me help my friend Geena peet her surgery copay. And, hey, for the next six days I'm taking more commissions to help her, so if you suddenly decide you need a piece of my art to complete your life, hit me up!

AlittleMayhem and charlietheowl like this.
  10. charlietheowl

Wembley looks so cute!

11. Slackbot

That's because he IS so cute!

charlietheowl likes this.
  12. Slackbot

'Nother commission!

[​IMG]

This one is for Charlietheowl, who wanted me to show Rowlf in mid-song at the piano, with Sam looking on with his usual attitude of disgust, disapproval, displeasure, or something else beginning with "dis."

I'm closed for commissions, and I'm very pleased to say that, with help from those who commissioned art from me, she met her goal!

AlittleMayhem and charlietheowl like this.
  13. charlietheowl

What a wonderful picture! Thank you so much for making this for me! I can only imagine that Sam's frustration is building with every one of Rowlf's notes, lol.

14. The Count

At least it's a more tolerable song for the eagle, rather than one filled with nothing but violence and gore sung by the Mayhem's leader.

charlietheowl likes this.
  15. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Count, are you referring to the "Mack The Knife" song that Dr. Teeth was playing, but got interrupted during the part where he was about to sing the 2nd line by Sam Eagle?!

16. Slackbot

Thanks, guys! I imagine Rowlf's singing something like I Never Harmed an Onion, a cute little ditty that Sam finds deplorable until he learns that it's British, at which point he grudgingly declares it "cultural."

And thank you for commissioning me, Charlietheowl! I enjoyed drawing it, and the texture of Rowlf's fun was a pleasure to paint.

And I hope that you all will be happy to learn that, with your help, Geena reached the funding goal for her surgery! She even got a little extra, which will go to her dentist. Thank you!

The Count and charlietheowl like this.
  17. The Count

@tutterfan:
    Yes, that's the reference I was going for.

@Slackbot:
    Good to know that your friend was able to have her surgery thanks to your art commissions.
    BTW: That song has a special memory for me since it was part of the pre-show for Here Come the Muppets at WDW's Disney Hollywood Studios when it was still known as the MGM Studios back in 1991.

18. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I thought!!! LOL!!!!

19. Slackbot

Hey, remember me?

[​IMG]
    I've been making comics based on the "Five Nights at Freddy's" game series. This is comic #169. I went back to something I posted a loooong time ago to my text sketchbook, rewrote it to make for better visuals, and did this thing.

The style I've been using for this comic is very loose and goofy. I like to think that I'm following in Sergio Aragones' footsteps.

20. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Very nice. I like your art.