Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
As I just mentioned, today I saw Avenue Q at the Horizon Theatre. It was just wonderful. One thing that surprised and rocked me was how the puppeteers got into the act. Rod's puppeteer was making faces, skipping around, etc, and even though it was a person and a puppet, the two registered as one character. It was freakin' amazing.

As a rider of MARTA, Atlanta's embarrassing excuse for a public transportation system, I brought plenty of stuff to entertain me during the long, long waits between buses and trains. (It took two and a half hours to get there and two to get back.) In the theater, which I got to very early because if you're on MARTA you're either stupidly early or late, I pulled out my sketchbook. Since in my last fic (Growing Together) Kermit and Piggy, and then Scooter and Janken, went to see Street Z, before the show began I doodled Janken and Scooter reacting to You Can Be as Loud as The H*ll You Want (When You're Makin' Love), and during the intermission I scribbled The same two as Rod and Nicky, complete with arm rods and live-hand sleeves.

The theater concession stand really did have ginormous cookies. I swear, they were the size of personal pan pizzas.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nightmare fuel? Do tell. :scary:
*Hopes it's not something we can't handle, already down about the stinkin' football loss.

Slackbot

Reaction score
It's Scooter and Skeeter. Scooter is in the getup he wore in the World In Which Kermit Had Never Been Born (from It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas), in which we saw him as a cage-dancing raver. (Black tank top, black shorts, boots, chain belt and bracelet, black painted fingernails. I left off the glow tubes; the glow wore off.) His arm is around Skeeter, holding her close by his side. She's wearing a Gothic Lolita type dress, and her hair is up in pigtails tied back with ribbons. Scooter is looking up, presumably at someone human-sized, and attempting a come-hither smile, except his pupils are very dilated, making him look zoned out. Skeeter is looking down unhappily, like she doesn't want to be there.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
It's nicely drawn. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting but I'm totally okay with that. I don't remember Scooter in that movie, I'll have to check it out again. At any rate it's an interesting side to the character.

Slackbot

Reaction score
No nightmares? Darn. Well, if you watch the movie, right after some guy in Club Dot makes kissy faces at Kermit, Kermit recoils back, hits something, looks, up, and sees about 10 seconds of Scooter doing a bump & grind in a cage. You've never lived until you've seen that.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Not nightmares, exactly, but it does ick me out that in so many of the fics and pictures Scooter still seems so...young. He's still wearing his high school jacket, for gracious sakes (or some such like), still in school. He doesn't exude an adult air so I can't seem to see him outside of 14 most of the time. (I was glad they actually put him in a grown-up pair of jeans for the movie.)

Once you are an adult, it's different, but it's hard to take Scooter seriously as a great seducer (and it will apparently have to be him) when he's still riding a bike everyplace. So the spandex alone didn't ick me out, but I'm still a little icked. No wonder Skeeter looks so uncomfortable. (Nice Skeeter, by the way.)

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Upon looking at the picture again, I noticed (not sure how I could have passed it by before) that Scooter's eyes are quite a bit larger than they normally are. Why are his eyes so large? Nose drops in the eyes? Funky new lenses in the glasses? Or something more nightmare-fuelish?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Not nightmares, exactly, but it does ick me out that in so many of the fics and pictures Scooter still seems so...young. He's still wearing his high school jacket, for gracious sakes (or some such like), still in school.
To be fair, some people just find a look they like and stick with it. I still wear jeans, a denim jacket, and long hair with bangs, just as I did in high school.
So the spandex alone didn't ick me out, but I'm still a little icked. No wonder Skeeter looks so uncomfortable. (Nice Skeeter, by the way.)
Thanks. And if you're only a bit squicked, I'm surprised. Most people found that scene in IAVMMC quite upsetting. Me, I thought it was too off-the-wall to take it seriously. It didn't help that I, er, didn't know about cage dancers until I did some research after reading others' feedback. Yikes.
Upon looking at the picture again, I noticed (not sure how I could have passed it by before) that Scooter's eyes are quite a bit larger than they normally are. Why are his eyes so large? Nose drops in the eyes? Funky new lenses in the glasses? Or something more nightmare-fuelish?
Why yes, his eyes are quite dilated, aren't they? That and the generally zoned-out look are symptoms of a common element of the rave culture. Think of it this way: everyone does what he has to to cope.