1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Slackbot draws stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Slackbot, Nov 22, 2010.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You got Artie Choke! Ooh, maybe the next guest star will be Melon Bawll. C'mon Haas, let's go get some napples, you know, those things they put in pies. :hungry:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Janken: (Singing)
    "There's a radish 'cause you kept repeating that your love was true,
    A beetroot for the time I said that I'd beetroot to you.
    Some shallots for the time I said I love you such shallot--
    Some capers to remind me of what up to which we got.
    A turnip for the way you always used to turnip late,
    A melon for the melon-choly way I used to wait.
    A chilli for how I felt as I waited for you
    And a marrow to remind me of what I was frozen to!"

Ah, them Fraggles got a song for everything, even eating the props after a show.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. bazingababe24

bazingababe24 Member

That's so beautiful. :cry: Please use it in the near future!
  4. Slackbot

I can't take credit for it. That's part of a Benny Hill song, "The Broken-Hearted Lover's Stew." The rest of it is... a little rude, heh heh.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. bazingababe24

bazingababe24 Member

Okay, never mind then. Still cute, though!:coy:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Slackbot

Doodle dump: Fraggle 5+3: What do you do in a two-hour all-hands meeting about office space? If you're like me you draw a whole lot. In this case, I was trying to draw, without the benefit of reference material, the Fraggle Five plus their whelps from "Trials and Tintinnabulations."

Rated PG-13 for full Fraggle nudity. Janken, you naughty boy.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

8. Slackbot

A postscript for Masks: at the end of Masks Skeeter "invites" Scooter and Janken to go see RHPS that weekend. Me being a Rocky Horror cast veteran, I couldn't resist drawing a little something for the occasion.

I hope that Skeeter's wearing a wig; I'd hate to think she did that to her own hair. Janken's either having an allergy attack or he's about to laugh himself sick. He's wearing flip-flops because, well, who in their right mind would go into a movie theater barefoot?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaah, Skeeter as Magenta! Perfect!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Slackbot

I could also see her as Columbia too, except for the hair. I doubt she could cram all those sausage curls under a wig.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Slackbot

Fraggle Fu?: Okay, not really. Janken and Wembley facing off during the game of Tail Tag in Red Versus Blue. Poncle has her own ideas. She's one of those little kids who gets away with ignoring the rules 'cause she's cute. You know the type, I'm sure.

Is it my imagination, or does Wembley's hair not look as awful as it usually does in my drawings?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. Slackbot

Nuts. I thought I could just edit my last post to include this one, but I guess my time expired. Oh well.

When All Else Fails, Look Cute: a followup to Fraggle Fu. This doesn't actually happen in the story, but it was fun to draw. Hours after drawing it I realized that I had Poncle pulling a shtick that my niece does: using cuteness as a weapon. Or, in this case, a defense. Can't swat an annoying anklebiter if she's pulling that smile on you.

Next drawing I do will not be cutesy, I promise. I don't want people sending me their dental bills.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Both drawings look great. I have a sister like Poncle so I know the type. Il ike the expressions that Wembley and Janken give each other. Wembley's hair looks fine actually. But there's something about him that looks off. I'm not sure what it is though. Maybe his eyes? I guess it's he looks really grown up, did you mean to draw him like that?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. Slackbot

If Wembley looks odd because he appears grown up, then good. Well, him appearing older, not appearing odd. These stories are set many years after FR, and in fact Janken is Wembley's son. Wembley always seemed to be the baby of the bunch, and looked like he had some more growing to do, so in my pics he's a bit taller.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. Slackbot

I just looked at the picture again, and realized what was weird about Wembley. I colored in the ink outlines to give the drawing a softer feel, but left the lines around the eyes black. With Janken and Poncle that wasn't a problem, as there are other colors around Poncle's face, and Janken is dark, but against Wembley's pale skin and hair that was too much contrast.

This is the kind of thing that sometimes trips me up: I can get so fixated on details--fur and hair texture, facial expressions, foot shapes--that sometimes I miss issues like this. Thanks for pointing it out. I've softened the outline around Wembley's eyes so he hopefully no longer looks demon possessed.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Gonzo's Hobbit

I actually didn't notice that. The reason I thought he looked different was because to me he looks like he's ready to go off to college (age wise). But you said you wanted to look a little older in this one.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. Slackbot

Mad as a Wet Fraggle: Because I really wanted to draw the scene in which Boober cusses Red out in Red Versus Blue. I was experimenting a bit with this picture. One, I was playing with cel shading rather than my usual airbrushy approach. Verdict: cel shading is no flippin' easier, and in fact is more difficult for me. Two: I wanted to see if I could draw Boober like this and still have him look like himself. I'll leave that up to the jury.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. Gonzo's Hobbit

I dunno if I like Boober's eyes in this one. The earlier one was cute because
    it was a little different and it added to the sort of puppy dog look he had. I think he looks really wierd in this one though with the eyes.

What's cel shading?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. Slackbot

Heh, he's supposed to look weird in that pic. That's why (in my stories) he covers his eyes; he doesn't like people staring at him like "What happened to you?"

Cel shading is the flat style of shading I used in that pic, as opposed to the more rounded technique I normally use.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

I think the main thing that makes Boober look weird in this picture isn't the eyes, but the angle--we're sort of looking up into his mouth. So with the angle AND the eyes, that's two ways we're not used to seeing Boober. (And he STILL looks better than when I try to draw him! ;))

But I really love Red's expression in this picture. I feel so bad for her! She was just trying to have some fun and didn't mean to make Boober angry...

In other news, I have to say that I prefer your usual shading technique. Maybe it's because you're more comfortable with it, but it looks more natural. Or at least, that's my opinion. Either way, it's better than any shading I can do!
    GopherCoffee likes this.