Sleeping Beauty DVD

scarecroe

Reaction score
I haven't seen it first hand, as I have not yet purchased the DVD, but apparently, the new Beauty and the Beast: Platinum Editition DVD includes a trailer for the upcoming Sleeping Beauty: Special Edition DVD.

Between Byron and I, take cover, because the drool is a-flowin' !!!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
WHAT?!?!

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek:

:big_grin: :big_grin:

Scott, I LOVE you!! You are officially my FAVORITE person right now!!! :big_grin:

Really!

You are!

:big_grin:

*SIGH*

This was the first I had heard anything about the SB DVD---you literally made my jaw drop and heart stop!! OOOoooo, I wonder if Mary Costa did anything with the DVD, like interview or any kinda commentary or anything? I'll have to ask her next time we talk! :smile:

Scott, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for this great news!! Now I cannot WAIT to get the B&B DVD, but I can't even afford it right now!! AAAUUUUGH!!

Well, good things are worth waitin' for---at least we know some news! :big_grin:

And with all the archival material for this film, there BETTER be some dang good extra features!!!

:mad:

Alas, now make room for my sister to come drool with us... :smile:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
yes Sleeping Beauty is coming to DVD,I am definetly getting that.

Mayhem Diva

Reaction score
OMG, I am such a freak. I actually have it (the B&tB DVD), and I was so busy watching all of the bonus features on the 2nd disc that I haven't even looked at the 1st disc, and that must be where the "Sleeping Beauty" preview is.

Must go back into living room.

Sleep is no longer important.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Straight from the Princess's mouth

Hey y'all, I just talked to Mary Costa this evenin', and when I brought hearin' about the SB DVD, she said that she attended a screenin' of it in LA, put together not by Disney, but by people who love SB (how interesting!), and they watched it on a HUGE screen...she said it was spectacular, and she talked with the audience a bit afterward.

She also said that it'll be out next year, and she said they're gonna put some really funny things in with it---I can't wait!! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I preordered the Beauty and the Beast DVD - Hehe !

And i also got Bedknobs and Broomsticks while i was picking up Monsters Inc.

Man i love that movie !

When i go back to pick up B+B im gonna get Petes Dragon.

see ya

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
And i also got Bedknobs and Broomsticks while i was picking up Monsters Inc.
Yes! Warrick, I too looooooove "Bedknobs and Broomsticks"! :big_grin: In fact, I'm havin' a couple of friends over tonight to watch the DVD. (I got it a year or so ago, but I've only seen it by myself once).

It's great, and the extras are AWESOME! :big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Byron,

Yeah, it only came out here this year!

I LOVE IT TOO !

See ya

scarecroe

Reaction score
This will be available September 9th...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JKHN/

As I type this, Amazon doesn't have the features listed, but this is what will be on it...

comes complete with a new 2.20:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 remix, and tons of extras. Supplements include the "Once Upon A Dream: The Making Of Sleeping Beauty," "The Design" featurettes, the "Sleeping Beauty 3-D Virtual Galleries," various story reels, the "Helene Stanley Dance Reference" footage, additional sections with featurettes on "The Music," "The Restoration," a "Widescreen-to-Fullscreen Comparison," the TV show excerpt "The Peter Tchaikovsky Story" from the 1959 "Disneyland" program, a "Grand Canyon" short film, the "Four Artists Paint One Tree" special hosted by Walt Disney, two interactive games "Rescue Aurora Set-Top Adventure" and "Sleeping Beauty Ink And Paint," plus trailers. Retail is $29.95.