Slim Piggy

DirthNader

Reaction score
I wonder whether or not I should even aproach this topic. I get annoyed by nit-pickers.

The title of this thread is in reference to the posable Miss Piggy figure. Is it just me or does she seem a bit on the thin side? I remember this Muppet diva as being busty and curvacious....alright, so I'm getting a little friendly with my adjectives :embarrassed:

The point is, has society (and yes I think this is a matter of social interest) become so image affected that pop culture icons (and who here would argue that Miss Piggy is otherwise?) that current depictions of her have been altered to satisfy that warped perception of perfection.

I hope I don't sound too carried away here, but really. What's next, "Beach Body Kermit".

Thanks for listening/reading. I'm off for lunch.

Long live :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Could be worse... could be a SLIM WHITMAN!!!!:eek: :concern: :grouchy:

DirthNader

Reaction score
No. I'm not sure what Amphibia is............God I need to get out more:rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. Apparently Henson wanted her thin with a smaller bust. The First Mate version will have a different build. I have a few pictures of the pig that shows how her legs are filled out a little more etc. I think the Piggy image has changed so much in current products that some fans were startled to see her chubby legs in the Christmas special. The thing about Piggy is she's not really that "fat". The other characters make fun of her because she's on the "chubby" side. She's a full figured gal and proud of it. :mad: :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, I couldn't get a link to Amphibia, but you can find it in the parodies section of the Muppet Central cards.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The thing about Piggy is she's not really that "fat". The other characters make fun of her because she's on the "chubby" side. She's a full figured gal and proud of it. :mad: :smile:
EXACTLY!!! Which is why I'm a bit upset a/b the whole slimming down of Piggy. Being a somewhat "full-figured" gal myself, it was nice to see that represented by SOMEONE, at least! I want my chubby Piggy back!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
EXACTLY!!! Which is why I'm a bit upset a/b the whole slimming down of Piggy. Being a somewhat "full-figured" gal myself, it was nice to see that represented by SOMEONE, at least! I want my chubby Piggy back!
what i've noticed is they make her skinnier in the promotional pictures, but i think she looks great in the projects (i mean great as kept the same basic figure.....I mean she IS Piggy!

Sarah

i am a full figured gal, also...and we gotta stick together.....

......just another reason why we are related.....this is getting freaky here!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Feeling left out because I'm not a full-figured gal. :frown: LOL!

Seriously, it's those aspects of Piggy that people appreciate. I don't mind the modern clothing and changing glove colors, but the pig is not on dexatrim. I actually think the skinnier Piggy sends the wrong message. :mad:

King Prawn

Reaction score
I think that a good example of Piggy's wait/look can be seen in MTI, look at her as she hungs upside down with Kermit.

I hate it when they make Piggy thin, one of my greatest pleasures of watching The Muppets is when the make fun of Piggie's size.

BTW where the fun of watching a thin Pig act so glamorous