1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Small dogs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LittleJerry92, Jul 22, 2017.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

So this is something I feel the need to vent about - small, yip-barking dogs.

Anyone out there find the sound of a bark from a small dog annoying? Like chihuahua's, shitzu's, etc? I have a neighbor next door who has a big dog, and I think his daughter adopted a smaller one. Since then, the thing does not know when to shut up, and while I'm against animal cruelty, I'm just tempted to put a permanent muzzle on that mouth.

Can anyone else relate to this?

2. Sylinde Bren

Sylinde Bren Active Member

Oh my gosh, yes. I worked as a dog-groomer for many years and when we had a full schedule, like on the weekends, and the salon was full of dogs (especially small ones), I sometimes thought my head would crack from the shrill sound of their barking. I think they bark more than the large dogs, to be honest, and I can understand why: they are so little but think they are so big, they need to get many little barks out to make up one BIG one, LOL.

My all-time most hated bark though is from a medium-sized dog: the beagle. While the shrill voices of little dogs hurt my ears and can give me a migraine, the baying bark of the beagle annoys me beyond words and makes me very short-tempered.

That said, I love, absolutely LOVE, big dogs. Golden Retrievers, Great Pyrenees, and German Shepherds are my top favourites. :)

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, beagles and their howls. My neighbor had a beagle named Buddy before he passed away this year (I think). He was a nice pup, but they constantly let him run loose which isn't good.

Getting past the howling though, they are one of my favorite breeds. I think my least favorite one is the chihuahua. I just find them annoying.

Sylinde Bren likes this.