Snapped

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
[Summary] The innocent, sweet Bunsen discovers a most unexpected truth about his dreams and innermost ambitions. In the search to a new truth, he finds himself stumbling across things of an odd sort of nature.

[Genre] Comedy/Dark/Alternate Universe​

Contemplation of Another Kind
"My goodness," Bunsen murmured, as he looked over his mess of an assistant. The calm drifted in after the explosion, allowing only the merciful whimpering of Beaker to sound amidst the clatter of scientific remnants piled over the carrot top. “You should be a little more careful next time.”

With the loss of yet another device, it was enticing to just stand there, force a spirited smile, and maybe shrug the whole thing off and continue this horrible pattern for the next few years to come. He was living the persistant lie that perhaps he’d succeed in creating something brilliant and emerge as a Muppet of considerable worth. He gave a wistful sigh and did what he always did…act oblivious.

“I understand that a young man like you would simply crave for the latest trends, but I just can't honestly agree with your choice of clothes.” He chided, referring to the towering pile of machinery that had fallen on Beaker.

After everything he had ever created, his work only ended up in the trash; humiliation. There were times he’d wear himself out with all-nighters. He even considered the merits of creating super pills that would swiftly eliminate the dire necessity of sleep—which nearly killed him. This was routine; nothing new. He valued research more than himself and even his faithful, loyal assistant’s life. The good thing about, though, about being a Muppet was that they could be rebuilt again if anything were to happen. Almost immortal, you could say.

In the pitiful attempt to invoke a chuckle from his red-haired friend, he glided with a seemingly tranquil air to his equally sorrowful assistant and lightly honked his long nose. The young assistant nodded faintly, crawling out of the remains in embarrassment.

“Mee mee mee?” Beaker asked, gazing at Bunsen with that usual optimism that charmed Bunsen so.

He shook his head. “No, no. I…I think I’ll stay here. Thank you very much.” He said gently, with a pleasant giggle to assure that he was indeed alright.

Beaker left hesitantly, leaving the Muppet to think to himself.

[A/N] I liketh the blockquotes, nyeh! Leave me alone! XP
This isn't a long story, I promise you. This one will be finished faster than you can say "omg".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Says "OMG". Okay... So is it finished yet? Huh? Where's the next part to this? J/K, only a little. Me love you be back... Need more posted please.
*Nails cookie to the wall, just above and out of Claudia's reach, there to get her to post more. :insatiable:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Wow... me likie this story. Please post more. *watches intently*

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Why Bother?

Thoughts crowded his mind in a clutter. Bunsen walked over to a little chair, next to his scribbled-on chalk board. It was filled with indecipherable formulas (at least to those less knowledgeable), and he couldn’t help but feel even more foolish whenever he decided to gaze upon it.

Though he appeared cheery on the outside as his humming drifted across the mess, he was feeling fairly confused with himself as a new train of thought rumbled along. It wasn't often he invalidated his work, but he was an old timer now. Well, maybe not to a point of white hair (if he had any), but were he a woman, he’d certainly suffer from a menopause.

“I just don’t have that light anymore, hmm. Shame on me for speaking in such a manner, wouldn’t you agree?” He asked, looking over his bust idols from the various fields of Science in which he came to love—and to hate as of now. He chuckled softly, twiddling his fingers like a shameful little boy caught red-handed with the last cookie. “I’m not as young as I used to be, I’m afraid.” He giggled gently.

As usual, he received no answer from his stone friends. But with just the silence of them, he had found something of interest and alarm. He pressed a finger to his stubby chin and contemplated some more. This inspired a question so forbidden—never before thought! He gasped softly.

“By George, I think I’ve got it!” He declared, clapping his hands almost gleefully as he stumbled out of his seat with untamed excitement. His heart fell to his stomach at his mysterious notion, but it was an answer to his innermost thoughts nevertheless. He began shredding up his works, wrecking his most precious tools, and erasing his chalkboard of formulas.

After an hour, he admired the ruins with a sad smile. The busts that had sparked his imagination so for years were now shattered on the floor as a pitiful reminder of his failures. He waved, prancing out into the kitchen to inform Beaker of his insidious activities. [/font]

“My dear boy! I’m quite pleased to announce that you are officially fired! You are free!” He cried, hugging his shocked assistant. His glee for this was unnatural; so was Beaker’s reaction. Normally, Beaker would have jumped in happiness at the news, but the magic Bunsen once held had diminished, and that was enough to bring him down.

“Meeemeee meee!” Beaker protested, clinging to him as he did. He looked down to him pitifully. His whimpering became clear once Bunsen started off to his room for a good packing.

“Now, now! You’re a resourceful lad. Don’t waste your life as I’ve wasted mine. I’m done. I’m finished.” He said all too cheerfully. Chuckling melodiously, hauntingly. “Toodles!”

The distraught carrot top gasped loudly. “Meee meee meee! Moo mee!”

Bunsen waved him off elegantly. “Do not encourage a broken spirit to pursue a broken dream, Beakie!”

Beaker popped a pot onto his tiny head, and pulled out a cord to wrap around his neck. He did the ‘hang’ motion to convince the changed Muppet to sway his way. He didn’t know where else to go, and Bunsen was all he had. He was his professor, his father, his friend, and many things in one.

Bunsen used pride to replace fear. “We must go our own separate ways. This is nothing short of sad for me. Devastating, in fact…but I’ve realized Science isn’t for me. Perhaps the best thing to do is to let go.”

Beaker bowed his stick-like head, ashamed. “Right, meep.”

Bunsen smiled wryly.

[Thank you, everyone! :3 <3 *Snugs Beth, Eddie, AnimatedC]

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooh... The destruction. Similar to Selena Kyle in Batman Returns and Geena Davis's character in Earth Girls Are Easy... Just, simply, destructive. *Admiring the ruins at the laboratory... Wonder if this means Bunsen's off on another mid-life bender like when he met Andie Macdowell on Muppets Tonight. Poor Beaker, where will he turn to? Just hope he doesn't become a jewel shop's assistant, that life wouldn't suit him.

Squeaky! Me need more posted! Please?
*Checks cookie, still hanging above little monster on the wall behind her.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Aww... poor Bunsen. =( Hope he gets better. *hugs the scientist (and Beaker)*

*won't stop hugging either of them until the story's updated*