Sniglets

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Sniglets? They were featured on the 80's show, Not Necessarily the News and were created by comedian, Rich Hall. Sniglets are any words that don't appear in the dictionary but should. And a lot of funny and creative new words were made and put into five Sniglet books. Here are some of my favorites.

AQUADEXTROUS: The ability to turn off the bathroom faucets with your toes.

BEAVO: A pencil with teeth marks on it.

CARTERNITY: The law that says cartoon characters will stay the same age forever.

CHEEDLE: That orange powder on your fingers after eating Cheetos.

CHERK: The person who takes up the line just to write a check for 3 items or less.

FOODGITIVES: The vegetables that slip into the meat section in a TV dinner.

FRANKFLUID: That disgusting liquid found in hot dog packs.

GAZINTA: The symbol used for division, and a way of saying, "Four GAZINTA eight twice."

HOZONE: The place where missing socks go when in the washing machine.

JUJUSPECTION: Holding a jujube up to the cinema screen to determine its color.

KEDOPHOBIA: The fear of your sneakers getting eaten by the keys of an escalator.

MAYTAG MASSAGE: That wonderful vibrating feeling when sitting on top of a running washing machine.

NOODLIUM: The tiny plastic window that allows you to see the inside of a box of pasta.

PIGSLICE: That last piece of pizza everyone wants.

REGISTER ROACH: The first customer to enter a check out line that just opened.

RICEROACH: The burnt Krispy found in every box of Rice Krispies.

SCANNICPANIC: The act of searching the house for the missing remote control instead of just turning on the TV.

SPUDPUDDLE: The ketchup puddle you make to dip french fries in.

VERTEBRATRAMATRACIDE: The fear of stepping on a crack and causing spinal damage to your mother.

XIIDIGITATION: Trying to figure out what year a movie was made by reading the Roman numerals.

toughrabbit

Reaction score
Yes, I remember Sniglets. I haven't thought of those in years. They were very funny. My older brother had two "Sniglet Dictionaries." I also remember playing a Sniglet board game once at a friend's house.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here are some more of my favorite Sniglets. :smile:

ALFALFABET: Backward letters kids write on clubhouses or lemonade stands.

BOVILEXIA: The uncontrobllable urge to lean out a car window and yell, "MOO!" when passing a cow.

BRATTLED: The act of stopping at a light next to a school bus and all the kids on it make fun of you.

CHARP: The green mutant potato chip found in every bag.

CINEMUCK: The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate on movie theater floors.

DREAMONIUM: The metal coating on lottery tickets that can be removed with a coin rub.

EASTROTURF: Artificial grass in Easter baskets.

FIGFORCE: The magnetic force that holds two or more Fig Newtons together.

FLINTSTEP: The way cartoon characters jog in place before they run away.

GRANTNAP: The extra five minutes of sleep that makes it all worth while.

JEMIMITES: Those tiny drops of leftover pancake batter that plop on the griddle and create tiny pancakes.

MUSQUIRT: The yellow water that first squirts out of a mustard bottle.

NERKLE: A person who leaves his Xmas lights up all year.

OROSUCTUOUS: The ability to hold a glass to your face just by breathing.

PAYFALL: That clicking sound in a phone booth that makes you think your coin has returned.

ROGERLAND: That mysterious netherworld where police cars appear out of nowhere.

SNACKFRICTION: Shuffling your M&Ms around thinking that'll make them taste better.

SCRIBBLICS: Trying to get a pen to write again by scribbling funny lines on a paper until you see the ink.

UNIPEA: A peanut shell with only one peanut inside.

ZIPPIJIG: The dance one does when a rubber band is aimed at them.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Those are fun. Reader's Digest publishes stuff like that sometimes. Always good for a laugh... :smile:
Erin