Snuffy and Joey say the alphabet

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking about the segment where Snuffy says the alphabet with Joey http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...dd-8ea8-a3d2ac25b65b/snuffy_and_joey_alphabet

Anyway, this segment is a bit interesting, if you compare it to the more well-known segment where Joey says the alphabet Kermit. In that one, she keeps jokingly inserting "Cookie Monster" into the alphabet, frusterating Kermit in the process. But here, Snuffy asks her to help with the alphabet, and she does without adding any non-letters.

I can't quite tell but I think she might be wearing the same shirt in both segments, which means they could have been made on the same day. And if that's the case, I wonder which one was made first, and if the one with Kermit came first, I wonder if the producers/director had to have a talk with her before the Snuffy one.

Also, I wonder what would have happened if she kept saying "Cookie Monster" or some other nonsense when reciting the alphabet with Snuffy. Since Snuffy didn't know the alphabet, would he have thought Cookie Monster was a letter of the alphabet? Would Snuffy have gotten upset (he doesn't seem to get upset, and sicne he didn't know the whole alphabet in that segment he might have broken character if he corrected her)? Or would his whole size have been enough of a threat to Joey that she knew better than to purposely get it wrong?

I also noticed that in this sketch Snuffy has one leg on a chair. I wonder why.