Snuffy for Governor?

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I found this cute little editorial in our local paper today. This is written by Ivy Bressler a nearby high school student who is obviously fed up with the Governor's race here in Texas. Just thought I'd share...

Write in Snufalupagus for governor
I for one am getting tired of listening to Perry and Sanchez bash each other. Everybody's seen the ads, so I'm not going to try to persuade one side or the other. And since I'm too young to vote, I'll leave my views on the lighter side of things.

I prefer to advocate Snuffy Snufalupagus from Sesame Street. He's on public television, so he doesn't have any secrets. His favorite groups are kids and senior citizens, so we wouldn't have to worry about education or senior benefits. He and the rest of the Sasame Street cast are always talking to police officers and firemen, so we know he'll have no problem communicating with public service employees. He is also a great thinker, so we can trust him to be able to deal with any problems that might arise during his term. He's a good people person so he'd make a great bipartisan politican. And beyond that, Snuffy's just an all-around nice guy. So if I were voting this year, I'd be voting for Snuffy for governor.

I don't know folks, Ivy just might be on to something here. Something has to be said for having a Muppet in office, right? I can see it now, Grover for Attorney General! Er, make that Super Grover! :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can see the negitive ad campaigne now!
Snuffy may look like a nice guy, but deep down he has a nasty past that he doesn't want you to know about! He invested in Enron, after they said they were stealing money! He wants to cut obs and raise taxes. He's a liar! He might have lice! He doesn't blow huge tax dollars like I do to show incessant, annoying, mean spirited ads! Vote for Mitt Romney! He worked for the olympics!

You may not get it, but it would play well in Massachusettes!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
that reminds me of this webpage i found of Snuffleupagus being a God and they showed one of those big rock-things that come out of the water like a bridge almost....it was in the shape of Snuffy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
FOMP!

(It works here cause of Snuffy's performer!)

Jackie

Reaction score
I can see it now when he wins....

"Ohhhhh dear..."

FOMP!