So...Any Muppet Stuff At Toy Fair?

beaker

Reaction score
Every year it seemed we were spoiled by all sorts of Muppet and Jim Henson related figures and toys debuting at Toy Fair. Be it the Muppets, Fraggle Rock, Sesame, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth. But as of last year? Nada.

Just curious if anything Muppetty was shown this year?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The prospect of the muppet plush toy line that was mentioned (and not shown) is the only really interesting news there. I really would like to see Disney release something other than the Pook-a-loos and upcoming plush (with the same main 5 ), I really liked their plastic figurine sets... too bad they seem to have stopped carrying anything but Playhouse Disney and Princess stuff in that line (Really... if a figurine set is going for hundreds of dollars on e-bay, that's a sure fire sign that it's a hit. Release the dang Up set in every store already). And of course, they're holding it over until the movie hits (pretty stupid, since there's Smurfs all over the place, and that movie's not even being filed yet). A sore point, because we were this close to that amazing Fraggle Rock vynal figure line, which held out for the movie that didn't happen yet.

The Fraggle plush being cheaper than previously announced is a plus. I'd almost get them now.

But the one thing that bugs me is that stuff about the CHEAP CD sets that have Muppet impersonators doing the voices instead of hiring the actual puppeteers. I bet they sound TURRABLE!

Other than that, the epicness of a grand scheme toyline is still missing. I'm not expecting another Palisades... but I JUST want someone to step up and do something INTERESTING!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are Muppet Koosh coming out as reported by Newsflash. Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Beaker and Gonzo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Beaker and Gonzo Koosh actually look worthy of me wanting to buy... but other than that... just... I hope they have some secret stuff for later this year that wasn't available by press time.

Heck, I'd buy some Vynalmations (even though I'm not really a fan of that sort of thing, but they do look pretty good) if they weren't only available at theme parks. Why they can't get them in Disney Stores is beyond me.

theprawncracker

Reaction score

dmoss

Reaction score
Prawn, thanks so much for that link! I just bought myself a set of them to have to play with my niece! Do you own a set already?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Beaker and Gonzo Koosh actually look worthy of me wanting to buy... but other than that... just... I hope they have some secret stuff for later this year that wasn't available by press time.

Heck, I'd buy some Vynalmations (even though I'm not really a fan of that sort of thing, but they do look pretty good) if they weren't only available at theme parks. Why they can't get them in Disney Stores is beyond me.
Those Koosh don't exist. They're just really bad Photoshop mock-ups sticking MR posers, Palisades figures and what the heck ever it was they used for Piggy on to Koosh backgrounds. The designs should look much better and far different. I laughed when seeing that picture.

I like the Vinylmations okay, but they're blind boxed and to have them all costs $238. They're not that good. I have the Kermit from last year and might pick up one or two if I see unwrapped ones around online, but I've got to save up for other things. Harder choices, but that's a good problem to have in the Muppetverse!

dmoss

Reaction score
Nevermind...I guess I didn't actually buy a set. I bought one random character; I knew it was too good to be true. :frown: