So... Bunsen is 2nd MEGA Muppet?

Rufus

Reaction score
Surprisingly, I haven't seen this mentioned on here yet, but
www. figures.com has pics from pre-Toy Fair, and they show unpainted versions of Mega Beaker and I'm assuming Mega Bunsen although I didn't see anything in the thumbnail to really prove his scale...
Swedish Chef looked mega-sized too, but I think that's just 'cause he's closer to the camera than everyone else. But I didn't study these thoroughly, just glanced at the thumbnails...

- R -

radionate

Reaction score
I would put money that Kermit would have been next, but I think you are right that it is Bunsen. He's about the height of a blister card, which would seem right. Why else would he be posted?:confused:

simon42

Reaction score
Isn't every figure made MEGA size during production? I thought that's how they were first made and then reduced to the actual size of 6".

As it says in the FAQ on MEGAs: "The Mega figure concept is a traditional one in the action figure collector community, where the best of the small figures are blown up to what is known as "2-up" size. "2-up" refers to the fact that most sculptures for action figures are sculpted at 200% actual size and reduced to actual size in production. "

If so, this could just be a prototype. That being said, I would really like to hear SOON who the next MEGA will be, anybody else?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Bunsen is NOT the 2nd MEGA Muppet. He is one of the ones for next year, but he is not the second one. You will also be suprised to know that Kermit and Piggy and Fozzie and Gonzo are NOT in the 2003 MEGA line-up. Wanted to do some more unusual stuff for MEGA to start with...in other words, not the full on always done characters.

simon42

Reaction score
Ken, I'd like to plead my case for Janice. Since she was pushed back, and yes I know for good reason, could we maybe have a MEGA Janice? If you look at the poll that's going on, you'll see that a bunch of folks are anxiously awaiting her. Thanks for listening!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by simon42
Ken, I'd like to plead my case for Janice. Since she was pushed back, and yes I know for good reason, could we maybe have a MEGA Janice? If you look at the poll that's going on, you'll see that a bunch of folks are anxiously awaiting her. Thanks for listening!
If you promise to buy 10,000 figures at retail cost and send me a money order, I'll promise that Janice will be the next MEGA Muppet!

simon42

Reaction score
From what I've heard, it sounds as though we can expect some Electric Mayhem MEGAs next year . . .

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
If you promise to buy 10,000 figures at retail cost and send me a money order, I'll promise that Janice will be the next MEGA Muppet!
I have a dollar.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I'd probably get the mega bunsen. My bunsen looks like a geek with the substitute glasses i made with twist ties.You see, 2 weeks after i got him for my birthday, i tried moving bunsen,beaker,and the Rabbot on the playset.well,bunsen impaled his head on the wall, braking the front of his glasses