1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

So... Bunsen is 2nd MEGA Muppet?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Rufus, Sep 19, 2002.

1. bc-fraggle

bc-fraggle New Member

Count my vote too for a Mega "nekkid" Rowlf!
    The more brown fur showing, the better!
    Let's all start a chain to get a mega "nekkid" Rowlf made!
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A mega Animal would be cute (obviously because of the Muppet Movie). But I'd like to see a Mega Sweetums or Doglion.
  3. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

here's a question that I just rhought of..sorry if it's already been answered...but exactly how big and at what price range would the "mega" figures be???
  4. gringo

gringo New Member

From what i heard. They are around 12" and about $20-25. Cheaper at places like TRU and most expensive at Comic/Hobby shops

Mark
  5. bc-fraggle

bc-fraggle New Member

Have any of you guys seen the busts yet from sideshows? I know they aren't mega figures, but if you ask me they have great detail! That and Rowlf is nekkid! I have to say that I am really looking forward to seeing a mega figure in person, that is seeing one in the toystore and getting the real jest of it... although Palisades tells us they will have more detail than the smaller figures, so I have a gut feeling they will top all of our expectations!
  6. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

It's a range. Beaker is 13.5 inches or so, but all others will be in scale, so characters that are small, like Kermit, may only be 8-9 inches, but characters like Sam or Fozzie would be a lot bigger.

The SRP is 24.99, but the prices will vary depending on the retailer.

TRU at present has passed on carrying the MEGA line, so you may have to look at other locations to find them.
  7. grail

grail New Member

well, we have 852 forum members, at least three websites represented, and another that now owes you bigtime. if you give us an email to have people address things to, maybe we can fix that?
  8. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

well, hopefully EB will carry them...or at least my local comic store...but yes, if you want we can all go ask about them at TRU too...

thanks for answering the question, BTW...

hmm...24.99...that'll be about 40 probably in canada...
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>If you promise to buy 10,000 figures at retail cost and send me a money order, I'll promise that Janice will be the next MEGA Muppet!<<<

I hope these dont end up in the 75% off electronics boutique/suncoast discount bin soon after release. The rate at which a figure is released to these stores and then heavily discounted is quite alarming.
  10. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

11. simon42

simon42 New Member

Thanks for the heads up. Great choice Palisades! I'll have to buy two of MEGA animal -- one for home and one for my office!
  12. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem New Member

Boo, hiss! They announced it before Ken could!

I think Ken should change it just to spite them!!
    Wonder what their source was?
  13. Rufus

Rufus New Member

I think their source was a retailer, who had it on their order list thingy.. . or somethin'.

So... who's gonna be the third? heh heh heh...

- R -
  14. simon42

simon42 New Member

Ken told us that the second MEGA of next year would be Bunsen. So it goes Beaker, Animal, Bunsen and then ?? Hopefully Naked Rowlf!
  15. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

My problem with Naked Rowlf, is that even though I would love a big Rowlf, it would seem weird to me to have a plastic Rowlf that size. For some reason I can stomach plastic rowlf in 6-8" regular figure or 3" PVC, but anything larger and he needs to have fur! He's a dog, he needs to be petted! And since these Megas are being based on the basic sculpt of the regular size figures, I doubt he's gonna be fuzzy. Plus since he's so heavy-bottomed, he'd really be huge in Mega form. So not saying I don't want him, just saying that I don't think he'll be coming in the form I'd prefer him in.

I'm not gonna play detective for the 4th Mega, I'll just speculate/wish instead. I'm thinking Janice would be a great 4th Mega. Since she's so thin I'm guessing they'll have to sacrifice some articulation and possibly modify some of her design in order to keep her from having the "Kermit Syndrome." A larger size would allow them to make her more true to form with better articulation. So at this point my money is on Janice. Plus with the exception of Bunson, she fits pattern of releasing a Mega version of a playset figure. Plus she's female and could possibly appeal to a different audience than the previous set of Megas.
  16. simon42

simon42 New Member

Good points GWGumby, I personally would love to see Janice. Isn't odd how few female muppets there are. I also think MEGA Scooter would be a good choice.
  17. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I'd personally like to see Dr. Teeth but most probably the 4th will be The Swedish Chef
  18. grail

grail New Member

yeah, that sounds like the case...but i thought anyone at pre-Toyfair already knew but was asked by Travis to not say anything until Palisades themselves made an announcement. that's why photographs of him weren't allowed.

Travis, can you confirm my thinking on this, or am i wrong? you were the one at pre-TF, right?
  19. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

uhm....i haven't really been following the figure discussion...but...can i buy these huge figures or what?

/Anders
  20. simon42

simon42 New Member

When is the next MEGA suppossed to come out?