so close and yet so far to Elmo

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I used to chat with you all a few years ago back on the Muppet Central Chat room but life just got in the way and I never got a chance to come on anymore. I've been reading the boards, though and missed talking with my own kind. Now I've started a new job and I spend most of my time bored out of my mind so I thought I would come back! :big_grin:

I also want to thank again the wonderful person who taped Cinderelmo and the Bear holiday special for me when I missed it. I do not remember your name, but I will never get over how sweet that was!

Anyway, for those that don't remember me, my name is Hill (though I answer to Muppetfreak online and in real life) and I am a completely crazed Muppet fan, as are we all.

Anyway, I have to share with you all the saddness that is myself. I just started work at CBS and as you all probably know, Elmo was on the Early Show yesterday. The fact that I was in the same building as a Muppetteer was more than my feeble mind could handle. I spent the entire time figuring out a way to duck out and at least catch a glimpse of Kevin in the lobby on the way out. Sadly, they expected me to do real work so I never got to see him. Sigh. It's just as well. I would have been reduced to a blubbering idiot anyhow...

anyway, I hope you will all welcome be back with open arms and flying penguins! :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hill, great to see you again! Glad to see you are settling in to our new forum.

Congratulations on your new CBS job. If you hear of any upcoming Muppet appearances, please post in our "TV Appearances" folder in case we don't know about them.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I will try to let everyone know, but I work on the Evening News so unless it happens in Iraq I don't know much about anything. I will try to keep my eye peeled though.

One of the main reasons I've been gone for so long is that I lost my password. I am a swift one.

I do, however, get to work the broadcast of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade so I will get to see the Kermit Balloon in person! I am pumped!

:smile: I am easily amused by muppets and shiney objects.....

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I don't think I could cope if I was in the same building as one of the muppeters - and one of the muppets!!!! You are so lucky to get that close to one.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
ah but i'm a pansi without the guts to go say hi. perhaps someday i will meet them on equal footing!

*does world conquering laugh*