So Have We Seen the End of 2-D Animation?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
No, I don't even remember what the previews were about: one was for like about an orphan boy who travels to the future (space age) to find a family.
Oh. Gosh. I see another flop in the making... :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny, since Warner Brothers is releasing the Turtles film.

Who was that orphan one by?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Who was that orphan one by?
Believe it or not, Disney! It looks like specifically by the same people who did Chicken Little, which also seems to have been a flop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That must be "Meet the Robinsons" or something, right? That was supposed to come out this year, actually. I thought it looked cool, but the plot kinda... well... I don't wanna see it now.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
The animation for Meet the Robinsons, seems very stylish, going back to UPA etc. With a little twist... I see alot of the UPA style ending up on CGI animation, esp the Pixar films, and "Open Season."

Also, I reccomend buying the book: Cartoon Modern, look it up on Amazon, beautifal book, wonderful description about the glory days of 50's & 60's animation.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I liked Chicken Little. I think I'm going to see this new one that's coming out. Call the Robinson's Family. Something like that. I like all animation unless it's just dule or not funny. I really don't see 2-D coming to an end soon. So I really can't wait to see what these 2-D movies will be when that come out. Soon I hope!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I would love to see what Chicken Little looked like in 2D, that would've been very cute... by far my favorite non-disney CGI film is "Over the Hedge" crude, but cute. But we need something new, and not just 3D animation...

BEAR

Reaction score
I've wondered about this a lot too, Snowthy. I've noticed that almost every animated film out there lately has been CGI. I guess Disney and Pixar kinda paved the way for these other companies. I miss the classic style though. That's why I liked Disney's Home on the Range so much. It was a great story with wonderful vocal performances, beautiful songs by Alan Menkin, and it went back to that classic Disney style.

MGov

Reaction score
the glory days of 50's & 60's animation.
??????????

I thought the "glory days" were the 30's and 40's.

A lot of crap came out in the 50's and 60's.

And 2-D is not dead. Never will be. It might be done on computers, but it isn't dead.