So... Sesame Street Season 44!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread as much as I should so if anyone has posted this already, I apologize for being repetitive.

Desiree Casado is no longer listed on the SesameStreet.org Cast List for the show, but Ismael Cruz Cordova is. So I think it is safe to assume she will not be making any more appearances on "Sesame Street." Armando, hopefully, will be a worthy replacement. (However, she is also not listed in the "Additional Cast" area where the likes of Olamide Faison are, so this could very well just be a website fluke).

I actually feel very sad about this if this is true. I know she hasn't been making very many appearances these past few seasons, but coincidentally today (before I checked the cast list) I watched a few older episodes with her in them while her character was still in high school. She played with the characters very well and was all around enjoyable to watch. I'm going to miss her.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That's too bad. I wish they'd at least acknowledge it, if not on the show, then in some sort of press statement online.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Sesame Street has gone downhill.
UGH! You know how sick and tired I am of this constant GEEWUN/TRUKK NOT MUNKY stuff? Whining online about how the show isn't the show you watched growing up is older than "All your Base are Belong to us." Sesame Street is a living, thriving brand, and it only got that way through adapting. Almost every single classic clip is online somewhere, the show is no longer for you unless you have kids... even then, you're there to make sure little Sydney doesn't run out the front door.

I'm calling it. No one any longer has the right to whine about how the show is no longer the same as it was when they were a kid. We get it. You never stop telling us. Please remember the show has been on for 40 years, and even shows that last 5 or 6 years drop in quality at some point. While your at it, how about whining about how Jane Curtain and Bill Murray are no longer on SNL.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
I think Sesame Street has gone downhill.

No it hasn't. A show that has been on for 44 years needs to expand and evolve in order to meet the needs of today's children. The show still did what it aimed to do from the start. Children now who watch the show get just as much, if not more, educational fulfillment than when the show premiered.

Just because you don't like the show when you watch it as a grown person doesn't mean the show has gone "downhill." Yes, I would like to see the classic characters, human and Muppet-alike, back on the Street too, but I am fine with that knowing that the same show that stapled my childhood is continuing to educate and entertain children to this day.

Please remember this next time you post something like that. It drives me crazy.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah know what I'm wondering? Why was the thread re-titled to include "Sesame Street"? It's in the Sesame section, what would we confuse it for?

Oscarfan

Reaction score

I wanna say that all those puppets in the background are going to be a part of Cookie's new segment, which I've been told is a series of spoofs. There's clearly a puppet of Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean there, and I'm pretty sure the one to his right is the woman from the Hunger Games.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One of them sort of looks like Greatest American Hero, but I severely doubt they'd go that obscure and old for a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.