1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

So, so, so bored...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedPiggy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I need something to read for my Kindle. I tend toward non-fiction (science, history, religion, etc). I'd read Harry Potter but it'd weigh down my Kindle, LOL. I think I've only read 2 fictions (outside of school): Raptor Red and Shadows of the Empire. Most of my reading involves non-fiction. Flipping through the search lists isn't helping, because for every title that seems legit, I find so many that seem to be ranting by some ignorant moron. I'm currently on my last book in my list, one on the Trail of Tears. What on earth am I going to read next? I bow to your expertise. :D
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Read ingredient lists.
  3. RedPiggy

LOL.

(It's funny 'cause I do. :p)
  4. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Try "Stiff" or any of the other books by Mary Roach. Science plus humor plus all kinds of weird info you never even guessed at. (Well, okay, given your career YOU probably have. But it's neato anyway.)

------------
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  5. RedPiggy

OOOH, wonky science stuff ... *looks up*
  6. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

You didn't mention memoirs/(auto)biography as a nonfiction genre of your interest, but if it is, you should totally look into Devil in the Details by Jennifer Traig.

Some memoirs can be super self-indulgent, but this one, to me, was pretty fun! Definitely interesting, and kind of dry and quirky. It explores obsessive-compulsive disorder, and the author cites some interesting connections of her behaviors to religious practice. And the end-of-chapter snippets are the best :D

*reminds me a little of the fiction title The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, far as the general feel of the thing