So, so, so bored...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I need something to read for my Kindle. I tend toward non-fiction (science, history, religion, etc). I'd read Harry Potter but it'd weigh down my Kindle, LOL. I think I've only read 2 fictions (outside of school): Raptor Red and Shadows of the Empire. Most of my reading involves non-fiction. Flipping through the search lists isn't helping, because for every title that seems legit, I find so many that seem to be ranting by some ignorant moron. I'm currently on my last book in my list, one on the Trail of Tears. What on earth am I going to read next? I bow to your expertise. :big_grin:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Try "Stiff" or any of the other books by Mary Roach. Science plus humor plus all kinds of weird info you never even guessed at. (Well, okay, given your career YOU probably have. But it's neato anyway.)

------------

RedPiggy

Reaction score
OOOH, wonky science stuff ... *looks up*

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
I need something to read for my Kindle. I tend toward non-fiction (science, history, religion, etc).
You didn't mention memoirs/(auto)biography as a nonfiction genre of your interest, but if it is, you should totally look into Devil in the Details by Jennifer Traig.

Some memoirs can be super self-indulgent, but this one, to me, was pretty fun! Definitely interesting, and kind of dry and quirky. It explores obsessive-compulsive disorder, and the author cites some interesting connections of her behaviors to religious practice. And the end-of-chapter snippets are the best :big_grin:

*reminds me a little of the fiction title The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time, far as the general feel of the thing