1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

So whats up with Blue House, Animal Jam, that Australian Muppet Show, and Hoobs?

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by beaker, Jul 3, 2003.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity...

1) What is going on with Animal Jam? I take it from the lack of threads about it, it was pretty much 'tumbleweeds'. From the description it sounded more like something from Death To Smoochy or Barney.

2) I remember there was word of some Austalian Muppet animal planet type show with Joe the Armadillo...did that ever get launched.

3) Finally the Hoobs...did the idea to launch that stateside get scrapped all together?

FINALLY...what in the heck happened to Bear? I saw some new live show released on dvd, and the Woodland Valley thing...but was that it?
    IS the show totally finito, with no feature film coming? A Shame.

Err, I suppose it is a slow JHC news era...
  2. Comical_DrBob

Comical_DrBob New Member

3. Gerard

Gerard New Member

Bambaloo... Name rings a bell, is it one of those little ABC kids shows?
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

5. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I saw Bambaloo on tv a while ago and was on at around 9.00am weekdays, As I usually were at school at that time I didnt get to see much of it at all, I didnt even realise it was a henson production for a while. the puppets were good. I am quite sure that its not on now, I could be wrong though.

from,
    Paul :)
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

The deal with Hallmark/Odyssey Channel for Henson programming which would have brought Hoobs to the USA was bought out. That doesn't mean it isn't still available for distribution there if a channel wanted. They made all 250+ episodes of 'The Hoobs' in the UK and are now waiting to see if they will make any more for Channel 4 under Henson's new owners. I guess it depends if C4 wants them, and JHC wants to make them, but the brand is still going strong here but no new episodes have been made for a year now so it's probably unlikely.

Animal Jam was indeed Tumbleweeds, and as for Bear i think it's just the stage shows now although anything they could possibly put back into production is apparently 'under review' right now.
  7. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel New Member

Animal Jam, although panned by most Muppet fans, was well-received by critics and audiences. Producers are currently waiting on a second series order.

Bear in the Big Blue House, like Book of Pooh, will not be renewed. A Bear feature script, apparently a prequel, has been around for years, but the Bear puppets are in storage and Shadow Projects are working on developing new properties.

Bambaloo has finished its initial run on Australian TV. Some episodes are currently available on VHS/DVD in Australia (region 4 I believe). A second series appeared likely, but the Henson family buyback has apparently clouded the issue, as the first series was made while Henson was a wholly owned EM.TV subsidiary, like co-producer Yoram Gross.

Hope that helps.

secret squirrel
  8. Muppetsdownunder

I never realised there were some bambaloo dvds, I should check them out, im not sure that the show was all that popular. I was word that puppets were going out of fashion, now I look there are many shows even here in Australia that use puppets.

from,
    Paul
    :excited:
  9. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Paul,

Id like to get some of those Bambaloo DVD's.

Maybe we could do a trade or something ?

thanks
  10. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

My neighbors watch Animal Jam. They call it "the show that comes on after the penguin". No kidding.
  11. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

That penguin, BTW, is performed by Tim Lagasse. I know some people were wondering about the performer when he first showed up.

- Billy :cool:
  12. Muppetsdownunder

That would be a good idea, I havent seen them in the shops yet but havent had a real good look, I dont think they have been out for long.

I think I have some info on my website about them, the reason im not sure if I do is because I am doing a final renovation of my site and its a mess, lol. Im trying to get it better than up to scratch, it will be great soon. So if you visit the site beware of falling objects and mistakes and stuff. We have even changed the name and address of the site, Im going to announce that here in the forum when its all done.

try using the new address if you like here, Muppets DownUnder!
    from,
    Paul ;) :)
  13. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Sorry, off topic, but your web site is terrific. They layout, the graphics, everything is awesome. :) This is one of the better new sites out there, which, believe me, have been difficult to come by. I might send in my Muppet collection pics for your site, too. ;)

Awesome, man!
  14. Muppetsdownunder

Sorry also to go off topic!

Are you sure you are talking about my website?

It's still going through a big stage of development, I want to try and get it finished by the end of the week, I hope I do!

When its more up to scratch I will announce it on MC, the website has been around for a month or 2 already but there hasnt been much on it yet, thats all going to change, its going to be the best muppet site in Australia, it wont be hard to get that label though as its the only one!
    lol.

Im glad you like the site, I just wanted to let you know that its going to get much better than that! You Aint seen nothing yet! I wont be changing the look of the site much, just adding and updating content. It took me a while to get the look I wanted.

from,
    Paul :excited: :)
  15. FozzieBear

FozzieBear New Member

I see Bambaloo all the time, its on at 9:00am on the Seven Network here in Australia. Its a really pre school show, with 2 human actors the rest being muppets. Currently there is only 1 DVD of the show, the second one being delayed, BlueFrackle, if you are interested in a trade, im all for it as well. But you might have already organized somethin with DrSpy00 so its cool if u dont.

FozzieBear (Luke)
  16. tutterthegreat

tutterthegreat New Member

I know I personally would tremendously love for the Henson Company to start making new episodes of "Bear In The Big Blue House" and also bring back all of the Bear In The Big Blue House merchandise too!

:cry: :rolleyes:
  17. Muppetsdownunder

Bambaloo official website

Hi, I have just found the official website for Bambaloo here in Australia, I never realised there was one until now. has anyone else seen this website before?
    www.bambaloo.com.au
    Thanks,
    from Paul :)
  18. Princess Melora

Princess Melora New Member

Bear news

Actually, there *is* news about Bear. The show just won the Emmy for Outstanding Direction for a Preschool show. BBBH had four nominations, including one for Noel MacNeal, for Outstanding performer.

BBBH's "new season" will air this fall: 26 eps were shot in 2001-2002, 13 were aired in 2002 -- and Disney Channel will show the remaining 13. One of the new characters is voiced by Whoopie Goldberg.

The new Bear Live show will be traveling to the UK this winter.

Now that EM-TV is out of the picture, the Henson Five, Shadow Productions and Disney Channel are all meeting regarding new Bear projects. Don't be surprised if a few specials, or even a movie deal, is announced in the near future.
  19. tutterthegreat

tutterthegreat New Member

Thank you very much for this news Princess Melora!!!!! :)
    I'm extremely excited after reading it!!!!!
    Happy tears:cry: LOL :excited: This show is so outstanding I can't imagine it ever going off the air! :eek:
  20. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

PM, that is some wonderful news, thanks for sharing!

I wonder why it was decided in the first place to not renew Bear for any new episodes? It does so well after all.