So whats up with Blue House, Animal Jam, that Australian Muppet Show, and Hoobs?

beaker

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity...

1) What is going on with Animal Jam? I take it from the lack of threads about it, it was pretty much 'tumbleweeds'. From the description it sounded more like something from Death To Smoochy or Barney.

2) I remember there was word of some Austalian Muppet animal planet type show with Joe the Armadillo...did that ever get launched.

3) Finally the Hoobs...did the idea to launch that stateside get scrapped all together?

FINALLY...what in the heck happened to Bear? I saw some new live show released on dvd, and the Woodland Valley thing...but was that it?
IS the show totally finito, with no feature film coming? A Shame.

Err, I suppose it is a slow JHC news era...

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score

Gerard

Reaction score
Comical_DrBob said:
There was something in Australia that was a co production between Yoram Gross- EMTV & the Jim Henson Company I think it went to air never saw it but will come here later with info.Got it it was called Bambaloo don't know if it still runs only a small amount of muppet for more visit this website & click on the bambaloo link [will have a human with a dog thing]
www.ygross.com.au/yoramgrossemtv/index.html
or direct www.ygross.com.au/yoramgrossemtv/characters/ch_bambaloo.html

Bambaloo... Name rings a bell, is it one of those little ABC kids shows?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I saw Bambaloo on tv a while ago and was on at around 9.00am weekdays, As I usually were at school at that time I didnt get to see much of it at all, I didnt even realise it was a henson production for a while. the puppets were good. I am quite sure that its not on now, I could be wrong though.

from,
Paul :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
3) Finally the Hoobs...did the idea to launch that stateside get scrapped all together?
The deal with Hallmark/Odyssey Channel for Henson programming which would have brought Hoobs to the USA was bought out. That doesn't mean it isn't still available for distribution there if a channel wanted. They made all 250+ episodes of 'The Hoobs' in the UK and are now waiting to see if they will make any more for Channel 4 under Henson's new owners. I guess it depends if C4 wants them, and JHC wants to make them, but the brand is still going strong here but no new episodes have been made for a year now so it's probably unlikely.

Animal Jam was indeed Tumbleweeds, and as for Bear i think it's just the stage shows now although anything they could possibly put back into production is apparently 'under review' right now.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Animal Jam, although panned by most Muppet fans, was well-received by critics and audiences. Producers are currently waiting on a second series order.

Bear in the Big Blue House, like Book of Pooh, will not be renewed. A Bear feature script, apparently a prequel, has been around for years, but the Bear puppets are in storage and Shadow Projects are working on developing new properties.

Bambaloo has finished its initial run on Australian TV. Some episodes are currently available on VHS/DVD in Australia (region 4 I believe). A second series appeared likely, but the Henson family buyback has apparently clouded the issue, as the first series was made while Henson was a wholly owned EM.TV subsidiary, like co-producer Yoram Gross.

Hope that helps.

secret squirrel

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I never realised there were some bambaloo dvds, I should check them out, im not sure that the show was all that popular. I was word that puppets were going out of fashion, now I look there are many shows even here in Australia that use puppets.

from,
Paul
:excited:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Paul,

Id like to get some of those Bambaloo DVD's.

Maybe we could do a trade or something ?

thanks

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel said:
Animal Jam, although panned by most Muppet fans, was well-received by critics and audiences. Producers are currently waiting on a second series order.

My neighbors watch Animal Jam. They call it "the show that comes on after the penguin". No kidding.