1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

So when was Fraggle Rock typically broadcast?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by minor muppetz, Feb 8, 2014.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Something I've been wondering lately: During the original run, what days/time of days was the show typically broadcast? I assume it was once a week (there's not enough episodes for it to have been a daily show, unless it just lasted a season or two). Was it broadcast on Saturday morning? Any other morning? An afternoon? I realize the timeslot might have changed throughout its original HBO run (but I don't know for sure).

2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I can confirm. New episodes aired at 6:30 pm central, 7:30 pm eastern on Monday nights on HBO. The same episode would then re-air several times during the week in the mornings and afternoons.

4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Wow, that's later than I would have expected. Almost prime time hours.

5. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Evening hours sounds about right, but of course it probably also varied by country and even region within countries. I feel like it may have aired (probably a rerun) on Saturdays too, but it's been years and my memory may be frazzled (and fraggled.):coy:
    [Wait- maybe I'm thinking of the Fraggle Rock cartoon- that was definitely on Saturday mornings.]

6. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

This kind of falls into the topic as well: I have not found Fraggle Rock on the Hub lately. Does anybody know if it is on soon??? I really love the show!