So when was Fraggle Rock typically broadcast?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something I've been wondering lately: During the original run, what days/time of days was the show typically broadcast? I assume it was once a week (there's not enough episodes for it to have been a daily show, unless it just lasted a season or two). Was it broadcast on Saturday morning? Any other morning? An afternoon? I realize the timeslot might have changed throughout its original HBO run (but I don't know for sure).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm. New episodes aired at 6:30 pm central, 7:30 pm eastern on Monday nights on HBO. The same episode would then re-air several times during the week in the mornings and afternoons.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow, that's later than I would have expected. Almost prime time hours.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Evening hours sounds about right, but of course it probably also varied by country and even region within countries. I feel like it may have aired (probably a rerun) on Saturdays too, but it's been years and my memory may be frazzled (and fraggled.):coy:
[Wait- maybe I'm thinking of the Fraggle Rock cartoon- that was definitely on Saturday mornings.]

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
This kind of falls into the topic as well: I have not found Fraggle Rock on the Hub lately. Does anybody know if it is on soon??? I really love the show!