So Whose all Seen/Met a Muppet In Real Life?

beaker

Reaction score
Ok, now weve all seen those goofy teens dressed as 'Muppets' at theme parks or those arena tours. (Personally to count I think the signature performer has to be there. And if not the signature performer than an official JHC replacement.) And let's face it, you cant meet a Disney or Looney Toons character in real life.
We all come on here to talk about the Muppets be it tv, film or special related...

But Im curious who all on here has seen or met a real Muppet?
Not a puppet in a museum, or an animatronic window display)

Unofficially(ie: 'official' but not announced) there has been some really neat instances of actual Muppets out and about.
Sal Monella's appearence at Andover College, some of the gang from KSY at San Diego Comic Con, Kermit and Sweetums at the Hollywood walk of Fame thing, Dave Goelz with Gonzo at some Doodles booksignings. Muppetfest is of course the big one that comes to mind.

I think its a real treat to be able to meet an actual Muppet in real life. I remember hearing about Smig meeting Elmo, and reading about Travis meeting some of the Muppets at JH bday party in NY.

I propose a new section on Muppet Central(or TP) for people to share their experiences seeing or meeting the Muppets, be it from any series or time period.