1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Soapsuds in Oscar’s can

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Mary Louise, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

I seem to recall a sketch where Oscar was in his can, with the lid closed, and was saying he had just taken a “grease shower.” Then soapsuds started to bubble out of his can as he exclaimed, “Hey, what’s this? Soapsuds? Clean soapsuds? Help! Help, I’m gettin’ clean!” That one always made me laugh. But does anyone have any idea where the soapsuds came from, or how they got into Oscar’s can? :grouchy:
  2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Old episode? (70's?) Very vague memories but it involved Big Bird attempting to do laundry in one of the adults' washing machines and the machine overflowed because he put in way too much soap. And i remember the cutaway to the bubbles coming out of Oscar's can.
  3. Mary Louise

Mary Louise Active Member

That sounds right. As I recall, Big Bird was washing one thing by itself. I never understood how the soapsuds got from the laundry room to the inside of Oscar’s can, though.