Some extra info concerning Palisades Muppets Line

King Prawn

Reaction score
This has been posted today buy Ken, here's some of what he's shared with us in short...

The Mini PVC's are apparantly doing very well and PVC's for 2004 are already being planned out.

A black screen with Star's, which is what was always used on PIS on TMS has been added into the mix with the other six screen's.

Starting from Series 6 onwards actual Muppets will be used on the front of the packaging instead of the toy's being used in S4 & S5.

We already knew that the Series 7 line up would consist of:

2 TMS character's
1 MT Character
1 MTI Character

and the retail exclusive would be based on TMS

now we have the Series 8 line up given to us in that form

Series 8

1- TMTM
2- TMS
3- TMS
4- MT

they'll be no retail exclusive since (and this hasn't been confirmed by Palisades this is just my thought) that space would be covered by the Playset.

so there you have it some great and exciting info straingh from The Palisades Board :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, King Prawn!! There's always so much information to have to read and take in that sometimes I miss important stuff if it's not dropped right in my lap.

I love palisades, for sure, because they listen to the fans and deliver!!

And Series 8 is TMTM?? Hmm...wonder what that is? Afroed Pig or Frog?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
What about next year's two playsets? Obviously we won't be told what they are yet, but maybe Ken could tell us what sources they're being taken from, like he did for the next 2 series?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Baby Animal

Reaction score
He hasn't really divulged what they will be, but they should be coming out with series 8 and 10 (June and December time frame). Best bet at this point would be a Veteranarian's Hospital set for one of them.

Hope that helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to add to what King Prawn already said...

Series 8
1 TMTM.
2 TMS.
3 TMS.
4 MT.
No Retailer Exclusive Figure.

But there's also a Club/Convention Exclusive to be sold around the same time as S8 hits the retailer's shelves. And this exclusive will be coming from MTI.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
TMTM stands for The Muppets Take Manhatten?

Wonder if any characters or versions of characters will be made from TGMC or TMM? I would love a Miss Piggy from the Great Muppet Caper. That Pig had class in that film and did her own stunts. A Kermit with a Bike would be nice. Sounds like things are good. I hope they continue to put not so mainstream characters in the PVC line.

Chad

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Chad Kermit said:
TMTM stands for The Muppets Take Manhatten?
That's right!! You WIN!!

Chad Kermit said:
Wonder if any characters or versions of characters will be made from TGMC or TMM? I would love a Miss Piggy from the Great Muppet Caper. That Pig had class in that film and did her own stunts. A Kermit with a Bike would be nice. Sounds like things are good. I hope they continue to put not so mainstream characters in the PVC line. Chad
We've discussed in the past having a swamp playset, and getting other items from the movies, like Reporter Kermit with the hat so he'd favor GMC rather than SS News. Kermit with a bike would be good. I think the main problem is in deciphering out how to create a good Kermit action figure with poseable knees. His legs are just so thin!!

I agree on Miss Piggy from GMC and--really--any film she's in except TMTM. I don't like her in a 'fro. Someone posted the most perfect Piggy hair since TMS days online recently, and I lost the thread where it was. But, she looked like Miss Piggy should look.

FOZ

Luke

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
What about next year's two playsets?
There is only one playset announced as yet, not two. I think Palisades are taking it easy, they have begun work on this one but i think it's release depends on how Swinetrek sells.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
There is only one playset announced as yet, not two. I think Palisades are taking it easy, they have begun work on this one but i think it's release depends on how Swinetrek sells.
With all the Star Wars, Star Trek and Muppet fans in the world, this playset should do very well, I'd think.

BTW: still no PVCs or announced DVDs have been released in Memphis. Mine is a sad existence.

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
With all the Star Wars, Star Trek and Muppet fans in the world, this playset should do very well, I'd think.
I agree, these last two deluxe sets have been a million miles away from the first two that came out. Obviously the geek section of Star Trek fans hang around comic shops a lot so Palisades is going to be in the right place to cash in - you just gotta hope that there isn't some limited edition Enterprise playset with Klingon's coming out at the same time. As a Muppet fan the playset has me a little excited but visually it does seem to look a little dull and unimaginative. I think it'll look better once they add a few more paint shades and spice it up a bit before release. FM Piggy is absolutely amazing - no more ugly piggy jokes !