Some newbie questions...

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Hey, there. In case you don't know me, I'm Morgan C. Goat, but you can call me Morgan.

Anyways, I have a few questions--mostly character-based--and although these aren't as big from what the eye can see, I'd be grateful to have them answered. Especially considering I'm pretty much still a newb with the series, and I want to get a bit more research done before I finish this one big fanfic of mine.

To the point, here are my questions:

1) How does Sidebottom get to Fraggle Rock from the Dream World?

2) What is Si's (Sidebottom's) relationship with Red?

3) Is it me, or does Convincing John have buck teeth? (Weird question, I know.)

4) What is CJ's (Convincing John's) relationship with the Fragglettes?

5) Do the Fragglettes even have names?

6) Can I have details on the following episodes: Sidebottom Blues, The Incredible Shrinking Mokey?

7) I hadn't seen Tosh in an episode yet, so I don't know what she looks like, other than the brief description at Muppet Wiki. Does anyone have a pic of her that I can see?

That's pretty much all the questions I can think of from the top of my head. But if you answer these, I'd be eternally grateful. :halo:

Please and thank you!

-Morgan "Clueless" Goat

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Morgan Clueless said:
6) Can I have details on the following episodes: Sidebottom Blues, The Incredible Shrinking Mokey?
In "The Incredible Shrinking Mokey", Mokey befriends a creature named Begooney (sp) who clings to her for friendship. She's trying to get a fraggle play put on at the same time he keeps needing her, and she keeps running to him out of guilt. But gradually the more he needs her, and the more she gives in to him, she starts to shrink! :eek: This is Begooney's power, and when he gets her small enough, he traps her in a house he's built for her. Since Mokey is one of the most important fraggles and a favorite of many, :wink: , Red frantically gets the others to come to her aid, and they all demand that Begooney release their dear friend and leave her alone (yeah! You show him, fraggles!)

Mokey gently chides him and he sees the errors of his ways, and peace once again comes to The Rock. lol :smile:

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Thanks for answering my question there, Janice... and Mokey... Mind if I call you J for now? :concern: Anyways, thanks again for answering that question about that episode. I've always been wondering about what it's about, but I never really found a lot of details on it, so... thanks again! :wink:

- MCG

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey, my pleasure! And you can call me "J", or "JMM", or "Byron", or whatever. :smile:

Sorry I didn't answer any others, I'm just not as up on those...and since I'm a total Mokey-holic, I love to help out with any Mokey questions! :big_grin:

Oh, but I guess I can answer 2 more:

4. There's not really any type of "relationship" we see between CJ and the Fragglettes. They know him pretty well though (at least 1 of them does), because in "Preachfication of CJ" when Mokey asks if he's ready, 1 of them looks at him and says, "He'll be ready---just get started!", so that tells me they know how he "works" or "what makes him tick". And I think they live outside of his cave, but I can't remember for sure (that's from the episode where Wembley goes to see him).

5. The fragglettes do not have names.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Hey, my pleasure! And you can call me "J", or "JMM", or "Byron", or whatever. :smile:

Sorry I didn't answer any others, I'm just not as up on those...and since I'm a total Mokey-holic, I love to help out with any Mokey questions! :big_grin:

Oh, but I guess I can answer 2 more:

4. There's not really any type of "relationship" we see between CJ and the Fragglettes. They know him pretty well though (at least 1 of them does), because in "Preachfication of CJ" when Mokey asks if he's ready, 1 of them looks at him and says, "He'll be ready---just get started!", so that tells me they know how he "works" or "what makes him tick". And I think they live outside of his cave, but I can't remember for sure (that's from the episode where Wembley goes to see him).

5. The fragglettes do not have names.
Thanks again, J. ^_^ I understand that you can't answer a lot of them, but I'm really glad that you answered at least some of them. *friendly hug*

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey, that's what Muppetiness is all about---warm friendly people there for each other! :big_grin:

(((hugs)))

:smile:

Oh yeah, and zany silly fun---teeheehee! :zany:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
2. I dont recall sidebottom ever being seen by anyone other then Boober himself. Sidebottom is the alterego of Boober... so to say. Hes the fun Boober that never gets to come out. Boober meets Sidebottom in the dream world when Boober is sleeping... i'm pretty sure. I had a tape with that episode recorded and seen it over n over as a kid.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
What about that episode though where Sidebottom visits Boober, and he gets the other fraggles to form a circle and "go into his sleep" with him---isn't that so they can see him too? I think, but I'm not 100% sure...haven't seen it in several years...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To help out...

Don't know the title of the episode where we meet Sidebottom for the first time, but... Boober meets him first, since he is indeed the fun side or that particular Fraggle's alterego. He gets so concerned about this new persona taking over, the Fraggle Five decide to help out by sharing the same dream. So they all lie down with their heads next to each other, forming five spokes of a starlike wheel. The others' dream selves do meet Sidebottom, helping Boober restore the balance between his selves.
In another episode, Sidebottom convinces Boober to have some fun by pretending to be The Old Gypsy Lady Fraggle... Until the real gypsy lady arrives.
And in what I think was the last episode with Sidebottom, he takes over Boober's self in the waking world, turning him into Dr. Fun leading the other members of the Fraggle Five into the Gorgs' garden... Where Wembley gets concked on the head and Sidebottom panicks, letting Boober take over once again.

As for Tosh Fraggle... Would advise you Morgan to contact SkeeterMuppet since she rooms with that Fraggle over at the dorms. She might be the best person to ask for a photo/pic of Tosh, and her pet Beast too.
Hope this helps.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
That first episode that you're thinking of is 'Boober's Dream' in which I believe all of the fraggles do meet Sidebottom. Morgan's question is the same as mine though; how does Sidebottom operate in episode 73