Some poor assumptions some non Sesame Street fans have made

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So did Jimmy Kimmell when he was talking with Grover, but it was connect to Kermit, when Grover made a comment about how Kermit eats.

"Do you know how frogs eat? They stick out ther tongues, and... oh, it is disgusted, very disgusting!"
"Yeah, that's what Miss Piggy said, when she has problems with the kissing."
"Hmmm."

MrsPepper

Reaction score
What drives me mad is when people INSIST that Bert and Ernie share a bed. I flip out and tell them, "They do not! They never ever have! I have LOOKED INTO THIS!!! 11o1nwo2jnso1" Yet, they never, EVER give in. It's ridiculous. And makes me sad. :frown: <-- Bert is sad too. Poor, sad Bert.

Rosewood

Reaction score
I believe his father was a minister

BEAR said:
Its ridiculous, especially since there is nothing about Fred Rogers that even has the hint of gay. Just because a man is warm and gentle and loves children makes him gay? Oh bother... The guy was married and wasn't he a minister?
I believe I remember it being said, when they aired a story on his life after he died, that his father had been a minister. I do know he was married and had a happy family and a masters degree in child psycology. His early career, however, had actually been started as a puppeteer on a kids show. He had needed a way to get from scene room to scene room in good time, but without making noise, which is where his famouse "red tennise shoes" first made their grand debut!:wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
What drives me mad is when people INSIST that Bert and Ernie share a bed. I flip out and tell them, "They do not! They never ever have! I have LOOKED INTO THIS!!! 11o1nwo2jnso1" Yet, they never, EVER give in. It's ridiculous. And makes me sad. :frown: <-- Bert is sad too. Poor, sad Bert.

Yeah, I know! I think there may have been a time or two when Ernie would try and get in bed with Bert because he was having a nightmare or something, but that was for comedic purposes. I mean, it would just be like how a little brother tries to jump into his older brother's bed for security or playing around. I know I did that when i was little because I looked up to my brother and I felt secure, especially if my parents weren;t around. And of course, my brother would get annoyed just like Bert.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It reminds me awhile back, my mom was watching one of her reality shows, and I heard the people on the show having a conversation that went something like this...

"Y'know like those gay muppets uh..."
"Ernie and Bert?"
"YEAH! Ernie and Bert!"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Wow, this is so ironic, I was just in a chat room on Yahoo, and I was talking about Ernie and Bert, saying how I liked Bert better, but they hardly ever use him on the show anymore. And someone said "aren't they gay" Iv'e heard people say the same stuff about Mr. Rogers. I guess there's 2 types of people in this world narrow minded and open minded. Unfortunatley the majority of the world is narrow minded, and only a select few are open minded. I like it here because it's a select few group we have going here.
I can't stand when people say things like that. I just don't get it.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
I believe I remember it being said, when they aired a story on his life after he died, that his father had been a minister. I do know he was married and had a happy family and a masters degree in child psycology. His early career, however, had actually been started as a puppeteer on a kids show. He had needed a way to get from scene room to scene room in good time, but without making noise, which is where his famouse "red tennise shoes" first made their grand debut!:wink:
Fred Rogers was a minister, his Father ran a Brick Co. in Latrobe PA where Rogers grew up.

Censored

Reaction score
And most importantly, Fred Rogers sang "It's a Beautiful Day In My Neighborhood"; Bob sang "Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood." LOL

superfan

Reaction score
It's especially annoying when you KNOW 99% of people have seen SS and they STILL have no idea who's who. You grow up with a show that has a huge impact on you one way or another...and they can't get their Muppets in order. Sheesh. :rolleyes:
(it IS fun to correct them, though, really...)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
And most importantly, Fred Rogers sang "It's a Beautiful Day In My Neighborhood"; Bob sang "Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood." LOL
It's "the neighborhood". I not mad at that, But what really grips me is when people get the Mr. Rogers theme wrong, and what especally gets on my nerves is how people potray his show and hia mannerisms.

First off, his show does not have this rinky, dinky music to it if you know what I mean. It's very improvised jazz, and his show is highly intelegent and not all "can you say" and "I knew you could".

But I'm a little off subject, so I'll end this tangent. carry on.:embarrassed: