Some Questions

kroovi

Reaction score
I'M NEW HERE AND LATELY I STARTED TRYING TO MAKE SOME MUPPT LIKE PUPPETS, BUT IT'S NOT GOING VERY WELL. I HAVE SEEN THAT YOU SPOKE ABOUT FOAM PUPPETS. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW EXACTLY DO I WORK WITH IT.

AND ANOTHER QUESTION: WHOW DO I MAKE THE FUBRIC attached TO THE FOAM WITH OUT ANY VISUAL foldS?

THANK YOU

BorkBork

Reaction score
hi kroovi, and welcome. if you want to know how to assemble foam, please look at my website, the link is in my signature.

To have no visual seems on the skin of the puppet, use antron fleece. Antron fleece is a special kind of fleece where the fibers can be brushed over the seems so they don't show. It's an amazing fabric. This will not work with ordinary fleece, since it does not hide the seems.

Hope this helps.

/Anders

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Kroovie..........one of the best places to start is by purchasing:

The Foam Book it is a wonderful resource for making your own muppet type puppets. You can buy one from Amazon.com

Dave :smile:

PS welcome aboard!!!!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by BorkBork
To have no visual seems on the skin of the puppet, use antron fleece. Antron fleece is a special kind of fleece where the fibers can be brushed over the seems so they don't show. It's an amazing fabric. This will not work with ordinary fleece, since it does not hide the seems.
That's actully not entirely true. I've done several puppets with regular fleece and the seams are not visble. It's possible to disguise them in natural "folds" in the puppet's "skin" as well as to airbrush or paint details on to the fabric which conceal the seams. There are also types of polar fleece that will stitch together very nicely if they are sewn carefully.

That being said, antron fleece is the best material to work with (do a search for "antron fleece" to find old discussion threads about it). Honestly, a lot of people get caught up with working with scottfoam and antron fleece when they are just starting out and it's really not necessary. They are expensive materials and unless you have alot of money to spend, probably not worth it right off the bat.

Wait until you have a good idea what you're doing, then try working with antron fleece. Lots of professional puppeteers don't use it (it's not really necessary unless you are doing TV work).

It's also a great idea to buy a copy of Grey Seal Puppet's Foam Book. There's a video too, but I believe it's only available in NTSC (do they use NTSC, PAL or SECAM in Isreal?).

Cheers!

kroovi

Reaction score
thank you all for the answers, till now i tried to cover a puppet with fur and it worked well but i guess that with another fabric it will be harder. i am not planing to work with profession metirials (for now) so i guess i'll just try and see what happens untill i'll get batter.

as for the books, it's hard to get them here but i'm flaying soon to england so i'll look for them there.

kroovi

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tztz
hey kroovi!
we live in the same country!
what city do you live in? what is your age?

i'l be happy to help you
i live in modi'in and i'm 17 years old (i'm am a girl and my name is kroovi only becaue i didn't knew how to write in english öéôåøú)

where do you kive and how old are you? (you can send me a privet message)