1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Some sad news

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Bill Bubble Guy, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I regret to inform you all that Michelle and I recently had our trip to Universal's Islands of Adventure in Florida and it was great fun but had a sad climax. :(

On the morning of the day we were to return I started retching in the rubbish bin of the hotel suite and from then until the whole ride to the airport, the plane flights and the drive back to their home I had about 6 or 7 attacks in total. My very last retching was getting out of the car at the front door and I haven't been sick since.

We went to a doctor's clinic to make sure and explained everything and were told it could have been a number of things.

1. The beginning of a virus I picked up in Florida
    2. Food poisoning
    3. Extreme wearout from being on the go all four days at the park until it closed
    4. My reflux reaction to my dairy allergy

As far as the dairy matter is concerned I did not set out to make myself sick on purpose. I made a strong point of avoiding all cheese, ice cream, milk chocolate etc. But I did try some of the fudges at Honeydukes in the Harry Potter park without realizing that they had milk in them plus the butterbeer also used butterscotch with whipped cream though I thought I was keeping them at a balanced safe number. Also I did go on the awesome Harry Potter ride at the castle with Michelle though in retrospection it was a rather risky thing to do with my blood pressure problems.

The doctor gave me an injection and told me to eat gelatin and chicken broth for one day to see if I settled down. I did that yesterday and I feel much better. We think it was not a virus but the dairy, the ride and the long exhausting hours.

Unfortunately since my insurance only recompenses me after I pay for treatment Michelle's parents think I should go home as soon as I can. This isn't what we'd planned but suppose I really get sick and end up in hospital in America away from my family in Australia? :(
    muppet baby likes this.
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Sorry you're not feeling well Bill. Hopefully this will pass soon and you'll feel better.
  3. Bill Bubble Guy

Thank you Charlie. :)

And I just want to say that Michelle and her parents do not want to send me home barely one month into my proposed three month visit just because of this episode.

It's just that I needed to pay up front for my doctor's visit and obtain a copy of the medical report and a receipt to be eligible to be reimbursed when I get back to Australia. If something even more serious happened and I had to stay in hospital the expenses would pile up making it difficult for all of us. The really annoying thing was that Michelle and I had both had the impression that my travel insurance meant that if I suffered injury or disease during my holiday it would make things all fine and dandy. That certainly is the way they made it sound to me.:grr::grouchy::mad:
    muppet baby likes this.
  4. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i am sorry this had to happen sweetheart i really thought that the incerance would work out to yes we are not sending you back because of the recation just scared for health right now and want you to be safe health and money wise we did have a great time though and the park was wonderful they did a great job on the Harry Potter part of the park .
    Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  5. Bill Bubble Guy

Thank you Sweetie.

I had a good time too and it's wonderful to have family who care about you. I'll treasure my memories of the Harry Potter theme park. I love you so much.:flirt:
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Gee Marty, sorry to hear that... hopefully this will pass over soon.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That sucks so sorry to hear.
  8. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

I'm sorry to hear about your sickness. Please keep us up to date on your retching.
  9. robodog

robodog Active Member

Sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you feel better real soon.
  10. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Being sick on vacation sucks big time. Hope the worst is over. Take two daydreams and call in the morning.
  11. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

Sickness is a real bummer. :x Get well soon.
  12. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

Haven't seen any updates from Bill here for a couple of days. Hope all is OK and the retching has stopped.
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Aww...I'm sorry to hear about this Marty. At least it adds further Drama to the "True Story of a Love that Can be Interrupted, but Cannot Be Stopped: The Marty and Michelle Story, a MC Lifetime Exclusive, the tale of Bill and His Bubbles and Baby and Her Muppets."

Sending you happiness and prayers. :)
  14. Bill Bubble Guy

Thank you everybody. The retching did not come back. It was not a virus at least. Michelle could tell it was my dairy allergy and she also admits that I probably should have rested back at the hotel, but it was so hard because it was so far away from the park and the taxi fares were too much to add up all the time. Plus the bus passes only allowed you to go to and from once each day.

It was a great trip all the same but we've both been a little depressed by the thought of my leaving tomorrow. I was originally set to spend Christmas here with her entire family. :(

We are making the most of the time watching her collection of the British Drama Downton Abbey and talking about the future.

Mum is disappointed that I didn't get to stay three months. This was the only opportunity I had since next year the Australian Government is reducing the time allowed for pensioners vacations from 13 weeks to 6 weeks.:sigh:

My Aunt Fran was very angry about how my insurance turned out. Not only medical claim wise but since I have had to still pay for getting my flight times changed. She assumed my insurance would have allowed for emergency re-scheduling for health reasons. The next time I come to USA she and I are definitely going to be asking thorough questions about insurance plans.:grouchy:
  15. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I will keep you in my prayers Marty.