Some sad news

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I regret to inform you all that Michelle and I recently had our trip to Universal's Islands of Adventure in Florida and it was great fun but had a sad climax. :frown:

On the morning of the day we were to return I started retching in the rubbish bin of the hotel suite and from then until the whole ride to the airport, the plane flights and the drive back to their home I had about 6 or 7 attacks in total. My very last retching was getting out of the car at the front door and I haven't been sick since.

We went to a doctor's clinic to make sure and explained everything and were told it could have been a number of things.

1. The beginning of a virus I picked up in Florida
2. Food poisoning
3. Extreme wearout from being on the go all four days at the park until it closed
4. My reflux reaction to my dairy allergy

As far as the dairy matter is concerned I did not set out to make myself sick on purpose. I made a strong point of avoiding all cheese, ice cream, milk chocolate etc. But I did try some of the fudges at Honeydukes in the Harry Potter park without realizing that they had milk in them plus the butterbeer also used butterscotch with whipped cream though I thought I was keeping them at a balanced safe number. Also I did go on the awesome Harry Potter ride at the castle with Michelle though in retrospection it was a rather risky thing to do with my blood pressure problems.

The doctor gave me an injection and told me to eat gelatin and chicken broth for one day to see if I settled down. I did that yesterday and I feel much better. We think it was not a virus but the dairy, the ride and the long exhausting hours.

Unfortunately since my insurance only recompenses me after I pay for treatment Michelle's parents think I should go home as soon as I can. This isn't what we'd planned but suppose I really get sick and end up in hospital in America away from my family in Australia? :frown:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thank you Charlie. :smile:

And I just want to say that Michelle and her parents do not want to send me home barely one month into my proposed three month visit just because of this episode.

It's just that I needed to pay up front for my doctor's visit and obtain a copy of the medical report and a receipt to be eligible to be reimbursed when I get back to Australia. If something even more serious happened and I had to stay in hospital the expenses would pile up making it difficult for all of us. The really annoying thing was that Michelle and I had both had the impression that my travel insurance meant that if I suffered injury or disease during my holiday it would make things all fine and dandy. That certainly is the way they made it sound to me.:grr::grouchy::mad:

muppet baby

Reaction score
i am sorry this had to happen sweetheart i really thought that the incerance would work out to yes we are not sending you back because of the recation just scared for health right now and want you to be safe health and money wise we did have a great time though and the park was wonderful they did a great job on the Harry Potter part of the park .

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Thank you Sweetie.

I had a good time too and it's wonderful to have family who care about you. I'll treasure my memories of the Harry Potter theme park. I love you so much.:flirt:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Being sick on vacation sucks big time. Hope the worst is over. Take two daydreams and call in the morning.