Some ways to improve Sesame Street

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know Kev! I think the reason some us us take is so personally is just because of how much this show really means to so many of us here and the deep impact that is had in and on all out lives who've watch the program. So what happens on it and with it really does in a strange way have a personal affect on us who grew up with it. It funny how it can sometime almost be moving to a person. Jim had that affect on us in such a positive way. We were honestly spoiled by the great entertainment that he gave us, and I guess we just miss it and really what the future generations to share with them what we had when we were growing up. But I agree that we haven't always handled it in the best manor many time before and we could stand to not be so uptight about it as it can get.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for seeing it the way I do. If it's one thing we learn from Jim Henson's work is how to COOPERATE and discuss the things that mean the most to us in a meaningful, not mean, way.

I miss "old school" Sesame as much as the next person, and I wish it could be as silly and fun in the future, and it may be. Currently, we have to take it for what it is. I still like it, when I get to see it, and enjoy it.

We'll never have what we had before this day in 1990, but we can hold on to and practice the messages from those days because, if we don't, Jim Henson's work was in vain. And, personally, I don't want that on either my conscience or my hands.

ssetta

Reaction score
All I would like to see is some actual old, classic reruns!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's what I think

It is a little crazy to ask for "More of X Character" They have recast Guy Smiley for one promotional thing, but there are good reasons why he isn't back yet. Maybe Eric Jacobson isn't getting a handle on the character just yet. Maybe they need to write new Guy Smily bits first to see if he can perform the character multiple times. It'a all about character/performer chemestry.

But I digress... here's what I think could improve the show
  • First off, in the next few years phase out Elmo's world and make it its own show (not very likely, but it really shoul;d be seperate)
  • Hire new animators. Go out and scout. Discover the next Sally Cruikshank or Mo Willems.
  • Get rid of time to play! It's so... so... awful.
  • Stop trying to copy the lousy competition! Dora and Blue suck. They are commercial endevors, and not as valid as SS was
  • Have longer street segments that are broken up into segments throughout the show, but that still follow the current format. After a while, they could make it more like the older version
  • More skits like the Russian Restaurant one for Global Grover. The films are good and all, but wouldn't it be great if he introduced different cultures in a similar manner?
  • Stop trying to split up Ernie and Bert. They've made great strides in this lately, with new Ernie and Bert segments.
  • If Telly's gonna be a focus for many episodes, make more Telly Merchandise. And pair him up with Oscar more.
  • New Letter/number of the Day segments every season.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Stop trying to copy the lousy competition! Dora and Blue suck. They are commercial endevors, and not as valid as SS was
That's why I say just because popular doesn't mean it equals quality.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
If they're gonna keep the segments format

street scene
Ernie/Bert sketch
Global Grover
Letter of the Day with Cookie and Prairie
Elmo's World

they should introdcue another segment called:

"Classics" where they show classic clips of various sorts.