Somebody’s Getting Married Today

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Morning all!

I don’t post on MC very often any more but I’m hoping that there will be some people who remember me who will be interested to hear this news.

Somebody’s getting married today and it’s me! And I’m marrying the best girl in the world my lovely girlfriend/fiancée/very soon to be wife Tabi (also known as MC member minidoozer)
I’m writing this post from a hotel room in Copenhagen where I’m currently staying with my best friend and Best Man, MC member Beauregard. Tabi’s maid of honour is Vibs, another forum member.

The four us all met through MC and used to post in threads such as The Moppet Family. Six years ago, almost to the day, the four us met up in real life for the first time for what became known as Danglishness and we’ve been lucky enough to meet up several times since.

Tabi and I have been together officially for exactly six years today and in love with each other for even longer. Three years ago she moved to Scotland to be closer to me and we got engaged a year ago today – making today our first and sixth anniversaries as well as our wedding day!

We would both like to thank all of our MC friends – everyone we’ve ever chatted to, MopFammed with or laughed with – for all the support, affection and kindness you’ve shown us. We’ll be thinking about Muppet Central a lot today as we very literally wouldn’t be getting married today without it. The power of this forum; the imagination of Jim Henson and the gift it has for bringing like-minded people together has truly changed the lives of Tabi and I for the better. I’m sorry that you can’t all be with us today but you will be well represented by Vibs and Beau. I hope that you will take a little bit of time today to join us in celebrating in some way, however small, wherever you are.

Signed in advance
Mr and Mrs Tabi and Harvey Towers
:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*posting in my dressing gown from the same hotel room prior to getting into matching suits*

First of all: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I've been waiting for them to post this news on here to that I can squeal about it for a while!

Second of all: Martin and Tabi are such a perfect match! Far more Gonzo/Camilla or Janice/Floyd than the ups and downs of Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog; its become ever more apparent over time what a lucky rainbow connection it took to bring you two together (but I'm getting ahead of myself with the sappy stuff, and I still have a speech to make later! So I shall post more tonight after the wedding and speeches are through.)

Third of all: This doesn't mean that Mr Harvey and Miss Mingostone will be getting more scenes together in MopFam...that's a whole OTHER reality...Even though he was present at the birthday (literally) of her child. Although strangely the mystery of the child's father has still not been confirmed...

Forth of all: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fifth of all: Are they here yet, aree they here yet, did I miss it, am I late!?

Vincent L

Reaction score
MC members that met up in real life…interesting. Wish you luck!

Hubert

Reaction score
Wow...congratulations! I think! Wish you the best of luck at your wedding and in your marriage!

I think it's amazing that through Jim's creations, two random people were able to come together and get married, with two others also there. It's amazing when you think about it. That Jim keeps changing lives for the better still all the time. I hope you have an amazing day, cause somebody getting married today!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I do remember you! What wonderful news! I remember when the four of you all got together the first time, I had no idea you and Tabi were in love or getting married! This is so sweet, congratulations to you both! I hope it was a truly wonderful day!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Vibs is alive then? I've been wondering about here, she pretty much dropped off the face of the earth years ago, I've kind of missed her joke-killing persona around these parts.

While I never really got acquainted very well with Tabi/minidoozer, I do wish the both of you much happiness and bliss as you take the plunge. :excited:

Hayley B

Reaction score
How wonderful. Good luck to you two. I hope that you share your photos with us later. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Just spent the most amazing day at the most amazing wedding I've ever been to. Full of family and friends and MUPPETS. The Bride walked down the aisle to rainbow Connection! Amazing. I'll comment more shortly.

To Beth, they've always kept their romance low-key around these parts for their own reasons, but they've been very much in love since even BEFORE we all met up that first time! Who knew...

Can also confirm that Vibs is alive and well, just spent all day with her and her boyfriend (also alive). I'm gunna miss her so much when I go back to the UK tomorrow.

Now I need to sleep. I've Scottish-danced, and Danish-eaten myself off my feet and into bed.