1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Somebody Help!!! Looking For A Muppet!

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by dmbnut, Apr 4, 2007.

1. dmbnut

dmbnut New Member

Hey everyone. You are my last hope!!! I sat online for hrs and hrs trying to find this particular muppet/puppet. I thought he was from Mr. Rogers or something. I searched up and down and can't figure out who he is. This is all I know :

He looks like Bill Maher. I believe he has reddish/light brown hair, kind of curly/yarny. Maybe a mustache (yeah, pretty sure), a mailman hat (thought he was a mailman on something but can't find anything!), real smiley. I don't recall ever seeing his legs, kind of a waist up thing. I'm almost 32 so it could be from Sesame St or something from that era.

Any ideas?????? If so please email me at: stephaniermeyer@hotmail.com

It's driving me crazy!!!! My fiance is now starting to think I'm crazy and this little man is strictly in MY head and doesn't really exist. HELP!!!

Thanks!!
    Steph
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

You sure it's not Sam from Today's Special?
  3. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It sounds like him. But did he have a mustache?
  4. heralde

5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Ooooh, Saaaaaam. I though you meant Jeff! hehe! Mix up my characters there.:o

When I think about it real carefully, he does look quite a bit like bill Mar, LOL!:zany:
  6. heralde

Oh no,no,no, everyone knows Jeff's the mannequin who comes to life when you put the hat on his head and say the magic words, "Hocus Pocus Alimagocus!"

...what? Am I the only one who watched? Lol
  7. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Nope, I watched that one too! One of my favorites after Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers when I was little. It very could well be Sam she's thinking of, although he's blonde, not a redhead. But it does seem very close!
  8. heralde

Yeah the hair is more blond. Assuming it is him, it sounds like it's been awhile since she's seen the show.

Yeah it was on Nickelodeon, right? Such a cool show. Very moody and mysterious sometimes too. And Jeff was so cuuuute. :flirt:
  9. heralde

double post
  10. dmbnut

dmbnut New Member

I Love You Guys!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAM IT IS!!!!! You guys have saved my sanity!!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!!!
  11. heralde

YAY! Glad you got what you came for! When you said the mailman hat, that tipped it off for me. (Though it was actually his security guard hat). :)

Check out that link above, btw, it's awesome! And youtube has a lot of Today's Special clips.

...I'm going to have the theme song in my head all day!
  12. dmbnut

dmbnut New Member

You have no idea how much I appreciate this!!! I spent days and days, hours and hours!!! It actually gave me a headache one night!! Hahahahhahahaaa!!! Thanks again!!!
  13. heralde

No problem! Yeah I know how frustrating that can be. I remembered the show for years but never knew the title so it was hard to find online. I think I finally found it on a random '80s kid's shows website.

Well now you can tell your fiancee you're not crazy. :crazy:

And thanks to ilikemuppets and redBoobergurl for the support too. :)
  14. dmbnut

dmbnut New Member

Thanks to ilikemuppets and redboobergurl too!!! It was so frustrating!! I got my parents involved too. I just called them...they are relieved for me. hahahaha. I went to a kids 80's show site too, a couple weeks ago but no luck. The show title didn't even ring a bell...but the funny thing is I told my finace I want to say his name was Penelope and I actually thought it was the cat from Mr. Rogers. They do look similar. Wierd how memories work. I haven't thought about that show in about 28 yrs. This whole thing started because I was on business with my finace and there was this older lady working in this office and she looked JUST LIKE SAM! I said I have to show you puppet when we get home...well that started this little bit of craziness. We'd be out somewhere and I'd say that looks like the puppet!! That looks like the puppets hat!!! I can't wait for him to come home! I have made Sam the screen saver on our computer!!
  15. heralde

You want to really be thrown for a loop? I looked it up to make sure. Penelope was Sam's cat!

See your memory's better than you thought! That's more than I recalled. It's just so hard when we half remember things or mix them up with something else.
  16. dmbnut

dmbnut New Member

Yeah that is super crazy!!! I told my parents it had to be around the time Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers was on. That is the only time I really watched TV when I was little. I just thought of something...we were driving home from that trip and there was an overpass and it said SAM in HUGE letters I read it and told him the story of how my parents were going to name me Stephanie Anne but didn't want my initials to be SAM...IT WAS A SIGN!!! Ok, I'm not that wierd but this whole thing has been entertaining!
  17. heralde

Wow, that's great! Oh I try not to go overboard too, but I definitely believe that some 'coincidences' are meant to be. Someone was trying to give you a clue there! Hehe
  18. dmbnut

dmbnut New Member

hahahaahahahaha!! Ok, I'm off to the store, work, bleh, bleh, bleh. Thanks again and I'll have to hop on here and say Hi!!
  19. heralde

Nice talking, this was fun, hope to hear from you on the board again! :)
  20. dmbnut

dmbnut New Member

Ok, really going now...

I had to look up youtube!!! Wow...we are old! Ok, I'm really leaving now. That's too cool!!! What a GREAT DAY!!! :D