Somebody's Getting Married

debaybenay

Reaction score
Wanted: The Wedding Set
My 23 year old daughter is engaged to a wonderful man! When she was a very young girl, I took her to the theatre to see "Muppets Take Manhattan". She used to fall asleep at night listening to a cassette of the soundtrack and grew up saying she would have the wedding song from the movie at her own wedding someday. I read on line that there is Kermit/Piggy wedding set available. Does anyone know where I would find this? She even calls her fiance Kermie! I would love to buy this for her as a wedding present. Can anyone help me find this? Thanks so much!

Luke

Reaction score
Try Ebay, and also try posting a wanted advert in the buy/sell/trade section of the Palisades Toys forum - www.palisadestoys.com

debaybenay

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the advice Luke. I've now posted in Palisades as well.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
If you can't find a wedding set, or find they are too expensive. You could make one yourself and noone would know the difference, all you need is some green and pink paint and a bride and groom figure that is on a wedding cake. Paint the Groom's skin green and he will look like kermit and paint the Brides skin pink. You may need to add something to pad out the Bride to look a bit more like miss piggy.
Its just as good to make on yourself and it may also help to label each character as kermit and miss piggy.

That was my lame attempt at a joke but it might work I spose.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
You also might buy some Kermit and Miss Piggy dolls and make bridal clothing or buy some already made for dolls and bears.

P

Princeton

Infinity Sirius said:
make bridal clothing or buy some already made for dolls and bears.
Beanie Kids clothes would be IDEAL; they have a bride costume and tuxedo, which would be "do-able".

King Jim

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
You also might buy some Kermit and Miss Piggy dolls and make bridal clothing or buy some already made for dolls and bears.
Good Thinking. :wink:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Might I suggest, if the Wedding Set proves to be too scarce or expensive, perhaps purchasing a Master of Ceremonies Kermit (already in a tux) and then all you would need is a Piggy to dress up. If you could find doll clothes to fit the figure, that would be ideal. But if you had to make them, it would be do-able. I outfitted one of my Rowlf figures in his own Vet's Hospital garb and he looks pretty good. Good luck to you and congratulations to your daughter! May all her Muppety and non-Muppety dreams come true!

utah

Reaction score
wedding piggy kermit

the actully set made for 300 guest at a wedding for palsides goes for 1300 on toy wiz