Somebody's Getting Married?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Piggy banged the door of her dressing room shut. “Stupid frog,” she muttered. “Stupid wedding dress.” Her breath caught suddenly. “Stupid me!” Tears sprang into her eyes and, horrified that she might actually cry, she took a deep calming breath and began to rid herself of the yards and yards of white lace.
“How could I have been so stupid?” Piggy thought wretchedly. “Love me? Kermit doesn’t love me, and he never will. To him, I’m just one of the chorus—the lucky one who gets picked to play the lead.” Anger made her feel better, but it didn’t diminish the sadness or the empty feeling in her chest. When this movie wrapped, she would have to figure out where to go, what to do next. Neither seemed to matter very much.
The knock came sooner than she expected, but she had steeled herself for it, her tears stashed away and her eyes cool.
What?” she called. Smart men had run from that tone of voice, but Kermit hadn’t always made smart choices where Piggy was concerned.
“The director would like to speak with you,” Kermit called back.
Piggy rolled her eyes. Oh, great, she thought. He’s wearing his ‘I’m the director’ hat, now, which means I’ll have to act professionally. The big coward. She heaved a sigh. If she was going to have to deal with him, she didn’t want to do it in close proximity.
“I’m coming out!” she shouted.
Kermit was lecturing before she even got the door open.
“Miss Piggy, I would like to know what you think you were doing out there?”
She came to the door of her dressing room wearing not the wedding dress itself, but the undergarment designed to shape and support it. Although she was probably more concealed that she was in half of her regular street clothes, Kermit was clearly flustered by her appearance in her underwear. Just like she hoped. Hah! Take that, you, you—frog, you.
“Miss Piggy, I like a joke as well as the next person, but I am not accustomed to my cast members showing up unprepared.”
“Unprepared?” she sputtered. “What do you mean unprepa—“
“And next time I expect you to show up on the set dressed and with all your props.”
Piggy stared at him. Props? “What are you talking about?”
“Where’s your ring?” he demanded as though she hadn’t spoken.
“My—my ring? What ring?”
Kermit put his hands on his hips. “Piggy—this is supposed to look like a real wedding. How can this be a real wedding if you aren’t wearing the engagement ring?”
“Engagement ring? I don’t know anything about an engagement—”
Give me your hand,” Kermit demanded.
Piggy looked at him askance. “Why?”
“Just give me your hand,” Kermit said irritably. With some reluctance, Piggy put forth her hand. Kermit removed a little velvet case from his pocket and opened it carefully. He took the ring that was nestled firmly on its bed of velvet and slipped it on Piggy’s hand while Piggy stared at him uneasily.
“Where’d you get this?” she demanded. The stone was too large to be real. “A gumball machine?”
“Tiffany’s,” Kermit muttered, standing back to look at the ring critically.
“Oh—the gumball machine at Tiffany’s,” Piggy snarked. She wanted to look closer at the glittering stone, but the gem was sparkling so much under the backstage lights that she couldn’t get a proper look at it.
“And now you’re undressed!” Kermit complained.
“You yelled cut!” she snapped back. “Usually, that means we’re done. Now if you’ll excuse me—“
“You are not excused,” Kermit huffed. “We’re going to have to go and shoot that whole thing again. Surely I don’t have to explain why?” His voice was dripping with sarcasm and Piggy wanted to murder him.
“You don’t have to explain anything to me!” Piggy shouted. “I got it! I got it, already. Sheesh—you are the most uptight, infuriating—“
“Don’t start, Piggy,” Kermit barked. “I put a lot of time and expense into this day and I’m not about to—“
“Fine!” Piggy shouted. She was sure—she was certain—that most of the cast was lurking just out of sight. Somehow, they always managed to have the most embarrassing fights in public. The thought of all those witnesses took the wind out of her sails. Suddenly, Piggy wilted. “It was just—it was just supposed to be in fun.” Not entirely true, but not entirely false, either. But it hadn’t been very fun, after all, and now she was humiliated in front of practically everyone they knew. “I’ll put the stupid dress back on so we can film it again.” She banged into her dressing room.
Outside, Kermit crossed his arms across his chest and smiled.

“But why can’t I go see Uncle Kermit?” Robin complained. “We came all this way and now I can’t even—“
“In a little while, dear. Just be patient,” said an ever-gentle voice.
“But I hate being patient!” Robin whined.
“Remind you of anyone?” a gruffer voice asked.
“Now dear….”
Before any response could be made, Ernie and Bert approached with Big Bird and stood looking at Robin curiously. Ernie waved.
“Hello,” he said. “I’m Ernie and these are my friends Bert and Big Bird.”
“Hi. I’m Robin.”
“Wanna come play with us?”
Robin looked up hopefully for permission. “Can I? Can I please?”
“Of course.”
“We’re not supposed to get dirty,” Ernie explained as they walked away. “But we can play something quiet.”
“I don’t like to get dirty anyway,” Bert said firmly.
“Hi—I’m Big Bird, and I live on Sesame Street. Where do you live?”
“Well, sometimes I live with my Uncle Kermit, but right now I’m staying with my grandparents in the swamp.”
“What’s a swamp?” asked Big Bird.
“Um, there’s water and grass and lots of mud.”
“Sounds messy.”
“It is. It’s great.”
“I live in a nest. Maybe you could come see it sometime….”
Their voices were lost as they moved further away.
“Well,” said the gruffer voice. “That was very nice of them.”
“Yes, very nice.” She laid a hand lightly on his arm. “But then, Kermit’s always had nice friends.”

“Um, Boss?” Scooter said tentatively. Kermit looked around in surprise to find a very pale-looking Scooter standing behind him. Gonzo and Rizzo stood behind him, their eyes downcast.
“Yeah, Scooter?” Kermit said. He couldn’t wait to tell them how the last--
“Um, I don’t know how to tell you this but…but she’s gone.”
Kermit felt sick.
“Gone? Bu-but I just, um, we just…gone. How can she be gone?” He sat down suddenly, not caring that there was no chair. “Oh, Scooter,” he said softly. “This is all my fault. I shouldn’t have—“
“Oh!” Scooter said suddenly. “Oh, sorry—I didn’t mean Miss Piggy.”
Kermit gave him such a look that his assistant shrank back, but his next words sent a chill down Kermit’s spine.
“Piggy’s still in her dressing room,” Scooter said. He gulped. “I meant, um, the other one.”
Now Kermit began to look pale. “How—how did this happen?” He looked at Gonzo and Rizzo accusingly. “I thought you guys were riding herd on her?”
“Hey, we were in the scene with you. I thought Bobo was watching her, but—“
“How can she be gone—gone where?”
The four men looked at each other nervously.
“Well, she can’t have gone far. Fan out—look for her!” They stared at him, frozen in place. “Now!” Kermit cried, waving his arms about his head. They scattered.
Oh geez, Kermit thought miserably. This could ruin everything.

Leyla

Reaction score
OOOOHHHH!!!!! I'm already worked up before reading this and now!!! Well now I'm positively bouncing off the ceiling!!

<hypervetilates> Oh oh oh oh! <gasps> Breathing is good. Breathing is very good.

<sigh> Well, a little better. <<<<hugs Ru>>>>

Ruahnna said:
Piggy banged the door of her dressing room shut. “Stupid frog,” she muttered. “Stupid wedding dress.” Her breath caught suddenly. “Stupid me!” Tears sprang into her eyes and, horrified that she might actually cry, she took a deep calming breath and began to rid herself of the yards and yards of white lace.
Oh... that repetition of stupid, and then her breath catching... poor Piggy, horrified she might cry. Now I know why, "and he left her standing there" left me so wounded. I don't know exactly why, but the image of Piggy getting out of the dress is just so sad... I mean, you get into one, you expect to come out of it married, you know? Yeah, that really got to me.

“How could I have been so stupid?” Piggy thought wretchedly. “Love me? Kermit doesn’t love me, and he never will. To him, I’m just one of the chorus—the lucky one who gets picked to play the lead.” Anger made her feel better, but it didn’t diminish the sadness or the empty feeling in her chest. When this movie wrapped, she would have to figure out where to go, what to do next. Neither seemed to matter very much.
Oh... that's a heart ache right there. And about anger not diminishing t he sadness and empty feeling... ah, you cut me to the quick. Boy am I hurting for Piggy right now... You're more to him than that Piggy, really; you are! Just hang tight.

The knock came sooner than she expected, but she had steeled herself for it, her tears stashed away and her eyes cool.
Yup. Shrugging right into the old armour. She's a professional alright.

What?” she called. Smart men had run from that tone of voice, but Kermit hadn’t always made smart choices where Piggy was concerned.
This is a great sentence, a lot of emotional effects. The first part made me laugh, and feel a bit better for Piggy, the second part was funny too, but there's a lot of truth there, that made we want to yell, "YEAH! Did you hear that Kermit?!" and also sigh a bit sadly. All that from just those few words. Amazing, eh?

“The director would like to speak with you,” Kermit called back.
Piggy rolled her eyes. Oh, great, she thought. He’s wearing his ‘I’m the director’ hat, now, which means I’ll have to act professionally. The big coward. She heaved a sigh. If she was going to have to deal with him, she didn’t want to do it in close proximity.
Great stuff... you know, Piggy is so great with shielding herself that I feel better when I see it... and I know what's running through her head!
Loved "the big coward"! and the director's hat.

“I’m coming out!” she shouted.
Can't say she didn't warn you.

Kermit was lecturing before she even got the door open.
“Miss Piggy, I would like to know what you think you were doing out there?”
Invest in a decent pair of ears, emotionally tuned ears, would you Kermit darling?

She came to the door of her dressing room wearing not the wedding dress itself, but the undergarment designed to shape and support it. Although she was probably more concealed that she was in half of her regular street clothes, Kermit was clearly flustered by her appearance in her underwear.
Having recently completed a tour of duty as a Maid of Honour, let me just say, that is so true! Bridal lingerie leaves a lot to the imagination.

Just like she hoped. Hah! Take that, you, you—frog, you.
Hah! Indeed!! <is not a fangirl>

“Miss Piggy, I like a joke as well as the next person, but I am not accustomed to my cast members showing up unprepared.”
Not if the next person is Fozzie.

“Unprepared?” she sputtered. “What do you mean unprepa—“
Yeah! What do you mean, unprepared, Kermit! <is still not a fangirl>

“Where’s your ring?” he demanded as though she hadn’t spoken.
“My—my ring? What ring?”
<jaw hangs slack>

Kermit put his hands on his hips. “Piggy—this is supposed to look like a real wedding. How can this be a real wedding if you aren’t wearing the engagement ring?”
“Engagement ring? I don’t know anything about an engagement—”
Give me your hand,” Kermit demanded.
<sways dizzily> Uh oh... and the ushy gushy girl isn't doing so hot. Somebody got a crash cart?

Piggy looked at him askance. “Why?”
“Just give me your hand,” Kermit said irritably. With some reluctance, Piggy put forth her hand. Kermit removed a little velvet case from his pocket and opened it carefully. He took the ring that was nestled firmly on its bed of velvet and slipped it on Piggy’s hand while Piggy stared at him uneasily.
<hyperventilates> Oxy-gen... some ...one... please! <eyes ushy gushy girl> Uh oh. Code blue!! I think she's died of happiness!

“Where’d you get this?” she demanded. The stone was too large to be real. “A gumball machine?”
Haha! <chokes, laughs sputters, faints> Oh, Piggy!

“Tiffany’s,” Kermit muttered, standing back to look at the ring critically.
“Oh—the gumball machine at Tiffany’s,” Piggy snarked. She wanted to look closer at the glittering stone, but the gem was sparkling so much under the backstage lights that she couldn’t get a proper look at it.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, Piggy! He's got you so bad!!! <grabs Kermit and smooches him> Uh oh... um... I better get out of here before Piggy sees I did that. <looks up, starts running> No, no! Piggy! Of course he's yours! It was a totally platonic smooch---ahhhhh!! Save me!

“And now you’re undressed!” Kermit complained.
<hides from Piggy> Oh, he's complaining about that, is he? I would think...<zips lips> Nevermind.

“You yelled cut!” she snapped back. “Usually, that means we’re done. Now if you’ll excuse me—“
“You are not excused,” Kermit huffed. “We’re going to have to go and shoot that whole thing again. Surely I don’t have to explain why?” His voice was dripping with sarcasm and Piggy wanted to murder him.
Kermit, have you lost your mind! <shakes him> Don't you see what you're doing to her!!! <Piggy darts in> Uh, no! Of course I wasn't hurting your frog! I- uh... gotta hide!!

“You don’t have to explain anything to me!” Piggy shouted. “I got it! I got it, already. Sheesh—you are the most uptight, infuriating—“
Oh!! Oh, I almost missed that! she gets... she gets that he doesn't love her! Ohhh, Piggy! Where is that frog? I am gonna kill him SO dead...No! No Piggy, I didn't really mean...

Piggy: HIIIYAAAHHH!!! <thump>

<gets up groggily> That's my girl! <faints>

“Don’t start, Piggy,” Kermit barked. “I put a lot of time and expense into this day and I’m not about to—“
About time you put a little time and expense into getting Piggy! She's a DIVA after all! <Piggy reappears, gives Leyla a long look> And jewelery! And you should marry her and spend the rest of your lives deleriously happy... and for crying out loud, stay away from fanfic! <pants> <Piggy shrugs and leaves> Phew...

“Fine!” Piggy shouted. She was sure—she was certain—that most of the cast was lurking just out of sight. Somehow, they always managed to have the most embarrassing fights in public.
But those are the best ones!! <Lowers voice> But those are the best ones.

The thought of all those witnesses took the wind out of her sails. Suddenly, Piggy wilted. “It was just—it was just supposed to be in fun.” Not entirely true, but not entirely false, either. But it hadn’t been very fun, after all, and now she was humiliated in front of practically everyone they knew.
Oh... oh Piggy darling... I'm sorry. Let's never fight again! Look, I'll write you a smoochie scene. Yeah, a really big one! <hugs mollified Piggy... very carefully>

“Well,” said the gruffer voice. “That was very nice of them.”
“Yes, very nice.” She laid a hand lightly on his arm. “But then, Kermit’s always had nice friends.”
One big giant awww for all the family/Sesame street cuteness.. and that last line is the icing on the cake. And so true!! I'm so glad his family is there too!!

“Um, I don’t know how to tell you this but…but she’s gone.”
Kermit felt sick.
“Gone? Bu-but I just, um, we just…gone. How can she be gone?” He sat down suddenly, not caring that there was no chair. “Oh, Scooter,” he said softly. “This is all my fault. I shouldn’t have—“
<frowns> <folds arms> See, this is what happens when you act like a jerk for a big payoff later but don't think about the fact that your victim is completely in the dark and suffering!
“Oh!” Scooter said suddenly. “Oh, sorry—I didn’t mean Miss Piggy.”
<Shifts awkwardly> Um... my point is still valid! Yes, valid.

Kermit gave him such a look that his assistant shrank back, but his next words sent a chill down Kermit’s spine.
Ooh, what a look that must have been! Say... did it just get cooler in here?

“Piggy’s still in her dressing room,” Scooter said. He gulped. “I meant, um, the other one.”
<trembles> The... other one... uh oh...

Now Kermit began to look pale. “How—how did this happen?” He looked at Gonzo and Rizzo accusingly. “I thought you guys were riding herd on her?”
“Hey, we were in the scene with you. I thought Bobo was watching her, but—“
Gonzo, Rizzo and Bobo riding herd on someone... anyone... Kermit! What we're you thinking?! Are you crazy?! <Piggy pokes her head in sharply> Um... I was just talking to Gonzo... um, <brightly> Boy Gonzo, are you crazy! <laughs nervously> Um... don't you have someone to ride herd on, Miss Piggy? <Piggy pales and runs off>

“Well, she can’t have gone far. Fan out—look for her!” They stared at him, frozen in place. “Now!” Kermit cried, waving his arms about his head. They scattered.
Oh geez, Kermit thought miserably. This could ruin everything.
<giggles> Ah, the arm waving, that never gets old. <shakes head> Oh, Kermit, I don't know what you're worried about. <ominous shadow approaches> I mean, if you can handle Piggy for years on end, surely you won't have any problems with- ack! <Is dragged off kicking and screaming> Piggy, save me!

Piggy:<flat> Save you? I'm too busy saving moi!
Kermit: And me too?
Piggy: <thoughtfully> Hmmm... I suppose, but it'll cost you.
Kermit:<gulps>
Piggy: Nothing you'll mind, darling... too much.

Anyway... great! (This is just the sort of crazy rambling you'll have to look forward to if I join the dorms, different characters of course. <shrug>)

Run! Run now!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
(Leyla, you make this so easy for me...)

<Points.> What she said.

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
And how's this! (Waves arm excitedly over her head)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Once safely on the other side of the door, Piggy leaned against it and felt the hot tears beginning to spill. Desperately, she blinked them away. What could she have been thinking? How stupid was she? Kermit was her director—nothing more, nothing less—and the sooner she came to terms with it, the better. And now, to have this go so spectacularly wrong in front of practically every muppet she had ever worked with…! For the first time she could ever remember, Piggy did not want to go out in front of the cameras. Heatedly, she dabbed at her eyes, powdering a little to hide the redness and began the job of putting on the stupid dress. Piggy made a sound that was half-sigh, half-whimper. It wasn’t a stupid dress—it was a beautiful dress, and Kermit had not only insisted that she pick out one that she personally liked, but had come with her to give his approval.
That had been a magic day, Piggy thought miserably. Kermit had been so attentive that day—so very sweet, that she had actually begun to hope that— The tears came again with the dress half-on and half-off and Piggy jerked it down savagely so she could mop at her eyes again. Now, picking out a wedding dress just seemed like salt in an ever-constant wound. Piggy’s shoulders began to shake. She could not do this—she could not! There was a commanding knock on the door. Sheesh—couldn’t he just leave her alone? She hesitated, wondering if she could just ignore him.
The knocking came again, more insistent.
“Pigathius—open this door!”
Piggy almost fell off her chair. Oh no—it couldn’t be—not here, not now! She stood up, trembling violently
“M-Mother? Mother, what are you doing here?”
“Open the door this instant, Pigathius! What do you mean leaving me standing out in the hallway?”
Piggy walked to the door unsteadily, unlocked it as though the doorknob might bite her and pushed the door open just a crack. Hortense came charging in. Piggy’s dressing room usually seemed spacious, but Hortense seemed to fill all of it with the force of her presence.
“Well, just look at you,” Hortense said, grasping Piggy’s gloved hands. They were cold, but that wasn’t what arrested the older sow’s attention. Feeling an enormous lump beneath her grasp, Hortense looked down quickly at Piggy’s left hand.
“My, my,” Piggy’s mother said admiringly. “He may be a slave driver, but he’s not a cheapskate. What a beautiful ring! What a beautiful—“
She glanced up, put her hands on her large hips and looked at Piggy in frank disappointment.
“And you’re still not dressed. For heaven’s sake, dear—what’s taking so long anyway?” She manhandled Piggy, turning her around so she could zip up the dress. Piggy, who usually took umbrage at any unwanted handling, complied meekly. “And look at your hair—it’s a complete mess.” She snatched a brush off the dresser and began to correct the damage done to Piggy coiffure when she was getting out of and back into the dress. Stunned into submission, Piggy just let her.
“There,” she said finally. “Well, Pigathius, you make a lovely bride.” Piggy raised her eyes at last to meet her mother’s in the mirror. Her mother was smiling, and for just a minute, Piggy thought her mother blinked back tears. She shook her head to clear it. Hortense crying? That was about as likely as…as her marrying Kermit. Piggy looked away hastily and turned to face her mother.
“Mother—why are you here? In London? Where’s Daddy?”
Hortense looked at her in surprise. “Why, Sweetie—you didn’t think we’d miss your wedding, did you?”
Piggy gauged the distance to the door. If she sprinted, she just might make it out of the building before anyone could stop her, and she could cross the border into France under cover of darkness and start a new life where no one even knew—
“Pigathius?”
Piggy’s eyes felt hot, but she would not cry in front of her mother. “I’m—I’m not getting married,” Piggy said quietly.
“Well, of course you are,” Hortense insisted. “Oh, I know it’s normal to get nervous on the big day. Heaven knows your father was an absolute wreck, but once you—“
“Mother—I’m not getting married. It’s—it’s just part of the movie.”
Hortense was not easily stopped in her tracks, but she stopped now, looking at Piggy in what appeared to be genuine concern and abject confusion. “The movie?” she asked slowly.
Piggy nodded miserably. She waved the gaudy ring about, then lifted the frothy folds of the dress and let them fall limply back. “This isn’t my ring, this isn’t my wedding dress, Mother—these are just props. And I’m not really getting married. Kermit doesn’t love…” She stopped and swallowed, pressing her lips together firmly. “Kermit is my director, Mother, and we’re—we’re friends, friends who are in a movie together pretending to get married.”
“But—but I don’t understand,” Hortense said, obviously flustered. “Kermit said—“
The door opened behind them with no preparatory knock. Normally, anyone who dared enter without knocking got himself karate-chopped into next week, but Piggy was so rattled by her Mother’s unexpected appearance that she just startled and looked to see who it was.
Scooter stood practically quaking in the doorway. “Piggy, Kermit wants to know if—oh! There you are Mrs. Lee. We’ve been looking for you.” Taking his life in his hands, Scooter took her arm, drawing her away from Piggy as the women stared helplessly at each other.
“Wait, young man,” Hortense said, but Scooter’s grip was surprisingly strong.
“Come with me, Mrs. Lee,” he was murmuring. “We’ve got a place set up for you and your—“
The door swung shut behind them. It was only then that Piggy realized that Scooter had never told her what Kermit wanted to know. She sighed, looking at her reflection in the mirror. Her face was composed, her eyes huge. She did indeed make a beautiful bride, but it didn’t matter—at least, it didn’t matter to anyone else. Piggy closed the door behind her and went looking for her director.

Leyla

Reaction score
Oooh, lovely and funny and sad and I'm sorry... I loved it, but I'm just so tired, I really need to sleep, but loved it! And I'll rave properly (oxymoron?) tommorow! <<<<<HUGS>>>>

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
In that case, I'll second her rave tomorrow- don't have energy to rave now, won't have time to tomorrow... I'm very good at dittoing raves, you know...

MORE PLEASE!!! (I always have energy to say that...)

It is incredible though, really truly... I LOVE it!...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah... Ditto...
Loved when some of the guests for the second screening showed up.

Thought for sure Lisa would've squeeed at the two frogs wh were there with Robin, being his grandparents and all.
Loved Ernie, Bert and Big Bird, and the conversation they had with Robin.
What's a swamp? Maybe I can show you my nest where I live.

And the segment with Hortense and Piggy...
Wow, that was uplifting and sad and nice and somewhat... je ne se quois...
All at the same time.

Please... Please... More soon?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
“Oh—there you are,” said Kermit, not even looking at her. “Piggy—I need you to look these papers over and sign them before we do the wedding again.” Inwardly, Piggy groaned. Script changes, she thought irritably. As if there wasn’t enough stacked on her plate. But when she looked at the papers, they didn’t look like script changes. They looked like certificates of some sort—and they looked official. Now very uneasy, Piggy looked closer at what was clearly a marriage license.
“Why do I have to sign this for the movie?” she said nervously, looking around for Kermit. He seemed to be very close at the moment, standing just behind her.
“You don’t have to sign it for the movie,” Kermit said gently.
“Then what—“
“You just have to sign it to marry me.”
The pen dropped from her nerveless fingers. “Wh-what?”
Kermit stepped forward and slipped his arms around her, looking intently into her blue eyes.
“Please, Piggy,” he said softly. “Sign the paper, won’t you?”
Those big blue eyes filled with tears. Piggy looked around, wanting help from any quarter. None was forthcoming. Without warning, she withdrew from Kermit’s embrace and fled back toward her dressing room, but Kermit caught her before she could go very far. He was laughing, and his arms held her close.
“Please,” Piggy said desperately. Of all the mean jokes! “I don’t want to play this anymore. I just want to go—“
Kermit kissed her. They had shared many kisses in the course of their relationship, some more memorable than others. This one, out of all of them, took the cake and the bakery with it. After what seemed like a very long time, Kermit released her lips, but he didn’t let her go. Piggy stared at him, put her hand to her flushed lips. Kermit smiled.
“Marry me,” he said earnestly. “I don’t want to play this anymore, either.”
Piggy just looked at him, unable to make her brain shift into gear. “But—but when we filmed the scene this morning, and Bob said, let’s see what he does if we—and then you were all huffy about the—and I thought you were mad about….” Piggy looked like she might swoon, and Kermit tightened his hold on her. It felt good, Kermit thought, holding her tight like this. He intended to make a habit of it.
“And what was my mother doing here? She said you—“
“Piggy—I didn’t think you’d want to do this without your parents. I had them flown in.”
“Oh, but, Kermie—“ Piggy said, and Kermit felt like a band around his heart had suddenly broken free. She had called him Kermie, again—it was going to be okay.
“Yes, Piggy?”
“What about your parents?”
Kermit pointed and Piggy looked over to see Mr. and Mrs. The Frog waving at her merrily from behind a doorway. Piggy waved back faintly. All the doorways seemed filled with people—friends, cast-members, family. Piggy turned in a slow circle, looking at all the smiling faces, then turned back to Kermit, bewildered and flustered. To her consternation and delight, Kermit dropped to one knee in front of her and reached for her hand.
“Oh, Kermie….” Piggy began, but trailed off, gazing at him as though there were nothing else in the whole wide world.
“Piggy, will you marry me?”
Piggy looked at him helplessly. She couldn’t think, she couldn’t move, she didn’t--
“I—oh, Kermie, I—“
“Say YES!” shouted Hortense, and everyone began to laugh.
“Yes,” Piggy said wetly. “I will.”

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Whew, you were on a writing spree Ru! Three great chapters! And yea! They're getting married (I had a hunch). I just love how she was absolutely clueless right up until the end, even after her parents came! I'm loving this story Ru, it's great and I'm expecting some more mush and gush!