1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Something cool for latex puppet makers

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by monkeyjb1988, Mar 3, 2011.

1. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Member

I asked Monster Makers (www.monstermakers.com) if the instructions in their latex mask making book can be applied to making latex puppets. They said yes, but that wasn't the only reason I wanted to post this:

I already figured the book could be used for puppets, but the news about the hand armature is really good. Hope this helps anyone.
  2. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

This is great to learn (I've used their products before), but it's actually very easy to make a hand armature yourself, in fact if do a lifecast of your hand your can be sure that the puppet head will fit your hand like a glove.
  3. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Member

True. You don't even need a life cast for a liquid latex puppet. Just make a hole you can fit your hand through and make the head bigger than that (thank you to Norren Young).

I was excited because there isn't that much about latex puppet making and I thought it was cool Monster Makers thought of latex puppet makers.

I understand someone could do it themselves. Heck, I would cause I have big arms/hands and I doubt it would work with me. I'm just excited about this. :)