Something I've been working on

MWoO

Reaction score

I've been working on this in and off for awhile and never posted about it. Thought I would share as I get closer to completing it. It's the size of the palisades mini muppets and meant to fit in to that line. Hope you guys enjoy. I'm hoping to complete him soon depending on my job.

MWoO

Reaction score
It's a sculpture of Fozzie scaled to the old mini muppets from palisades toys. It's not quite finished as there is still work to be done on the head and there is an arm not attached. The plan is for Fozzie to be wiping his head with his tie as if he has just bombed on stage. I used green wax to sculpt most of it and used casteline wax to sculpt the arm and tie as it can be heated to act like clay and be pliable. Once finished I plan in making a mild and casting pieces in resin so I can paint them. Still a bit off from that point.

los

Reaction score
That us some impressive sculpting. Too bad I have no mini or else the Foz would be oh so lonely.

Dearth

Reaction score
I like it! Can't wait to see more progress.

Alex

j3h

Reaction score
Nice sculpting work on that fur!

MWoO

Reaction score
Thank you guys very much! It's taken hours upon hours of work to get to this point. I can't wait for the holiday season to end so I can get back to this and finish it off. I've done some more since these picture were taken ( such as a second ear and eye brows) but I can't devote much time to it since I work retail and have been crazy busy at work since November. I hope to be ready to paint by February!

Edit: after this project I want to tackle another mini, this time of kermit making his famous sheesh face, then perhaps Walter. Basically I want a break from sculpting all that fur!

MWoO

Reaction score

Just an update on my mini fozzie project. Did a quick mold of the head sculpt and then did a very quick paint job to see if I was happy with the sculpt. Thought i would share the gray resin cast head and the painted sample. Somethings will be changed before the final mold is made, mainly I will be adding sculpted pupils.

The paint is far from what the final product will look like as I did this super quick with a brush. No air brushing, dry brushing, or washes like the final will have. Plus the colors are a bit off in spots, but it gives the general idea I think. And as a bonus, I included a comparison pic with the official mini fozzie to show scale. The finished product will be slightly larger, but more or less the same size and scale.

Hope you guys like it!

Reactions: los

los

Reaction score
I think yours is more spot on than the Palisades mini. Do you plan to cast more as I would love a mini Fozzie.