1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Something I've been working on

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by MWoO, Oct 25, 2013.

1. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

[​IMG]

I've been working on this in and off for awhile and never posted about it. Thought I would share as I get closer to completing it. It's the size of the palisades mini muppets and meant to fit in to that line. Hope you guys enjoy. I'm hoping to complete him soon depending on my job.

ElizaSchuyler and misspiggy5260 like this.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Er, what is this project?

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  3. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

It's a sculpture of Fozzie scaled to the old mini muppets from palisades toys. It's not quite finished as there is still work to be done on the head and there is an arm not attached. The plan is for Fozzie to be wiping his head with his tie as if he has just bombed on stage. I used green wax to sculpt most of it and used casteline wax to sculpt the arm and tie as it can be heated to act like clay and be pliable. Once finished I plan in making a mild and casting pieces in resin so I can paint them. Still a bit off from that point.

4. los

los Active Member

That us some impressive sculpting. Too bad I have no mini or else the Foz would be oh so lonely.

5. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

I like it! Can't wait to see more progress.

Alex

6. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

Very nice! :)

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  7. j3h

j3h Active Member

Nice sculpting work on that fur!

8. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Thank you guys very much! It's taken hours upon hours of work to get to this point. I can't wait for the holiday season to end so I can get back to this and finish it off. I've done some more since these picture were taken ( such as a second ear and eye brows) but I can't devote much time to it since I work retail and have been crazy busy at work since November. I hope to be ready to paint by February!

Edit: after this project I want to tackle another mini, this time of kermit making his famous sheesh face, then perhaps Walter. Basically I want a break from sculpting all that fur!

9. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

[​IMG]

Just an update on my mini fozzie project. Did a quick mold of the head sculpt and then did a very quick paint job to see if I was happy with the sculpt. Thought i would share the gray resin cast head and the painted sample. Somethings will be changed before the final mold is made, mainly I will be adding sculpted pupils.

The paint is far from what the final product will look like as I did this super quick with a brush. No air brushing, dry brushing, or washes like the final will have. Plus the colors are a bit off in spots, but it gives the general idea I think. And as a bonus, I included a comparison pic with the official mini fozzie to show scale. The finished product will be slightly larger, but more or less the same size and scale.

Hope you guys like it!

los likes this.
  10. los

los Active Member

I think yours is more spot on than the Palisades mini. Do you plan to cast more as I would love a mini Fozzie.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  11. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Thank you! I can cast as many as I like once the mold is done so I think I'll cast a bunch at once an then paint them up all at once to make it easy. I'm still a few weeks out from being ready for that though.