Something I've noticed about Muppet Family Christmas.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching the actual broadcast version I taped (you reaaly wouldn't want a copy, trust me) and during the scene in which the Sesame Street characters sing Deck the Halls, Gladys sings a verse... BUT THAT PUPPET IS NOT GLADYS!!!!

Gladys is a brown cow (light Beige maybe), but the cow they used is one of the black and white spotted cows.

Was something wrong, and did someone make a mistake?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe someone did make a mistake, though it wouldn't be the wrongest thing in the world. Maybe someone brought in Natalie instead of Gladys to the holiday festivities. If you want to know who Natalie is, go over to the "Kermit and Hey Diddle Diddle" thread in the SS section.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm.... Was Natilie performed by Richard Hunt? It seems that it SHOULD be Gladys because she was a recurring character. Natilie was only a one time thing.

BTW, among the Sesame Characters that appeared, but did not feature solo lines were Forgetful Jones, Elmo, and Sherlock Hemlock!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
natalie? i thought her name was Cathleen. did the all-brown-cow have a name?

Salmoto

Reaction score
It's very likely they just put in any cow and people would assume it's Gladys. Like in the Muppet show, they just put out any chicken and the audience is to assume it's Camilla.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, but she sang. She was performed (if voice only) by Richard Hunt doing Gladys's voice. IT WAS GLADYS, but they didn't use the Gladys puppet.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
here's something i noticed about Gladys, SHE'S CANADIAN! they never came out and said she's canadian, but on the Sing, Hoot and Howl video, after the Cow Dog Song, she runs in chasing that dalmation and says "Dog's chasing cows, ay?" she said AY! she's CANADIAN!!!

if ur canadian dont be offended. I'M canadian!!!

Ryan

Reaction score
LOL, it doesn't neccesarily mean she is Canadian....ay.