Reaction score
(1)What Just Happens In That Skit?

(2)What Are The Lyrics To The Song?

(3)How Good Is It?

I Know It Was Just Made In 1990!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Lyrics are the words sung to music during a song, which makes it a song in the first place.
Not going to comment, since the only song "Mountain of Love" I know is one recorded by Johnny Rivers. The SS version could and/or might be different than that. If in doubt, I recommend you ask JFS for help with the song's lyrics.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
The Count said:
Lyrics are the words sung to music during a song, which makes it a song in the first place.
Not going to comment, since the only song "Mountain of Love" I know is one recorded by Johnny Rivers. The SS version could and/or might be different than that. If in doubt, I recommend you ask JFS for help with the song's lyrics.
i saw a little bit ofthis one in the 90s but i turned it away for some reason thinking it was stupid. this song was different from the Johnny Rivers song witch was inncidently recorded in the 50s by i'm not sure the name of the man. Rivers apparently had the bigger hit with it witch is probably why most people today are more familiar with his version. the SS song was a song with different lyric but with the same title. inspite seeing a little bit of this clip, i saw enough of it to know that both songs were different.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Mikebenedict, you're right. And I bet if we hit the textbooks back at the Supergold College of Rock & Roll Knowledge instituted by Mike Harvey we could get the answer to who recorded that song first.

Anyway, Deanmo19, JFS is the shortened acronym by which we call fellow board member JaniceFerSure. Recommended her cause she has access to a vast Muppet lyrics website.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Oddly enough, the lavendar AM in the song is referred to as "Little Chrissy", a name also used for the lead singer in "Chris and the Alphabeats". Also, the orange AM refers to himself as "Big Jeffy". :confused: Maybe the Workshop couldn't find a parka big enough for the fat blue AM.

I happened to find an mp3 of it from the "Little Jerry Yahoo Member Group". Unfortunately it's been taken down now since the "group leader" stepped out, but luckily I typed the lyrics out. :big_grin: I'll try to get them here soon.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I vaguely remember that sketch.I found some lyrics on SSLA,I hope these are it:

The Mountain of Love
So high in the air
You know you must climb it
For Love is waiting there
Love will be waiting
High on the Mountain of Love
(The Mountain of Love)

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
That's all that was listed.I couldn't find it anywhere else listed.Sorry.:halo:

Xerus

Reaction score
So far, I know who Little Jerry and Big Jeffy really are. But does anyone know the real names of that lavender guy and the orange guy?