Song of the Cloud Forest

Deccardcayne

Reaction score
Well, I think that Song of the cloud forest is the best muppet movie I have ever seen. I am 17 and I haven't seen it in maybe 8 or 9 years. Please post your thoughts/comments on this movie. Also, I would like info about where to buy the movie. Any help will be apreciated. Thanks in advance

-Deccardcayne

lowercasegods

Reaction score
You're right, it was a really nice production. It's cool to see how back in '88 or '89 when it was made that Jim Henson was already on the cusp of computer graphics, since all the background scenery was created with a computer. He was really a man ahead of his time. I loved the colorful tribal designs of all the characters in Cloud Forest and the message was really nice as well. The best part for me was the scene where that bird (performed by Jerry Nelson) does the rap about "They're all out there munching forests", and you see those huge Easter Island-looking characters eating trees and foliage. Very scary and very cool.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, to clarify... Song of the Cloud Forest is not a theatrically released Muppet movie. Rather, it's an episode of the 1989 TV series, the Jim Henson Hour. This show was featured during the calendar year of 1989, with only 13 total episodes.
Among the special episodes, there was the Sesame Street 20th Anniversary special titled "Sesame Street: 20 Years and Still Counting!". There were also Lighthouse Island, the Monster Maker, Song of the Cloud Forest, and the Secrets of the Muppets. The main episodes were made to follow the format of a half-hour Muppet TV studio controlled environment with the regular cast of characters and some new ones thrown in for kicks; and a half-hour segment known as The Storyteller where different stories would be told by the Storyteller himself.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Deccardcayne

Reaction score
I didn't know it was an episode of the jim henson hour. I was like 7 when i first watched it. Does anyone know where i can buy it?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Unfortunately, JHH hasn't been made available for mass purchase on any format thus far. However, you could post something in the Buy/Sell section of the forums. There are some forum members out there who taped the episodes and can help out by doing some sort of trade or straight up business with you and others like us.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Deccardcayne said:
I didn't know it was an episode of the jim henson hour. I was like 7 when i first watched it. Does anyone know where i can buy it?
You could watch them at The Museum Of Television And Radio in New York city and California but sadly you can't buy them...