Song question.

golden teeth

Reaction score
Okay..what episode was this song on. I don't remember all of its words but its something like...

"Its a new sound, a funny kind of sound. A funny kind of sound that comes from deep in the ground. (forgot some) They're all over, they really like to squirm. These things in the Earth are called worms." Its sung by Scooter, I think.

jediX

Reaction score
The song is called "There's A New Sound" and is available on the second Muppet Show album (1978) and later "Muppet Hits" (1993). I cannot identify what episode it is on (if it even was) since Kermitage no longer has the search engine.

BEAR

Reaction score
I think it is on both Muppet Show Albums including the one featuring the Muppet Wizard of Oz music. I think it is on one of the episodes from the first season, but I could be mistaken. Check it out!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think it is in the Cheryl Ladd episode, but I don't know for sure. It is from a season 3 episode even though it was included in The Muppet Show 2 album, which was made after the secodn season. Maybe it was recorded for the second season but delyaed untill the third season (either with audio recorded but not filmed untill later, filmed but cut from an episode and used in a different episode, or taped, cut from an episode, and refilmed for a different episode).

besides the Muppet Show 2, it was also featured in Muppet Hits and The Muppet Show 25th anniversary album. It is not on The Best of The Muppets featuring The Muppets Wizard of Oz.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I think it is in the Cheryl Ladd episode, but I don't know for sure. It is from a season 3 episode even though it was included in The Muppet Show 2 album, which was made after the secodn season. Maybe it was recorded for the second season but delyaed untill the third season (either with audio recorded but not filmed untill later, filmed but cut from an episode and used in a different episode, or taped, cut from an episode, and refilmed for a different episode).
I'd like to add another possibility: Maybe Jim Henson decided to include a season 3 song in The Muppet Show 2 as a sort of sneak peek for the upcoming season.