Song You Wish The Muppets Had Gotten Hold Of

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Do you sometimes find yourself listening to a song and thinking "Oh wouldn't it have been great if The Muppets could have done that one on TMS"?
I sometimes find this happens, usually involving songs which were written, or became known about long after TMS's day. So I thought I'd start a thread of such songs (I think this sort of thread may have been done here before, but never mind). So here goes:

'It's A Pig - By Andrew Lloyd-Webber and Alan Ayckbourn. One of my favourite ALW songs, it is from the musical 'By Jeeves' . I adore the version of that song used in the 1996 production (I have the excellent 1996 Scarborough album). I could just immagine The Muppets doing this crazy number, though with a Muppet pig rather than a man disguised as a pig, I guess the lyrics might need a little tweeking. But which pig would one us? Link, Strangepork or just some miscellaneous one?

'Alligators' - by Jerry Nelson . As soon as I started listening to this song, the opening number on Truro Daydreams, I got this image in my mind of Floyd Pepper in a Muppet-Show-style swamp surrounded by a backing chorus of Muppet crocodiles/alligators. :sing:

Well there's two songs I wish The Muppets had gotten hold of. Anyone else got any songs they wish The Muppets had done?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I think it would be awesome if The Muppets could do any of Jerry Nelson's songs. Just too fitting! Needs to happen sooner or later.

Just about any song from the B-52s would work (i know they did Rock Lobster and it was definately a highlight of MT!) - i'd really love to see them do Wig.

And Julie Brown's "Cause I'm a Blond" is so wonderfully Muppety- could easily see Spamela doing it!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Theres already a thread like this but since I dont know where i is or if I even posted there, I always thought Living In Chaos by the Offspring is a great muppety song. Its more of a Dr Teeth song :stick_out_tongue:

Harpy

Reaction score
Army of Me. Or, really, anything by Bjork. Or maybe Eurythmyx.

RyGuy

Reaction score
I think the Electric Mayhem should have done "Elvira "by The Oak Ridge Boys. That was the song that introduced me to country music as a whole Floyd could have done Joe Bonsall's Part and Animals could have sang Richard Sterban's oom-pah-pah mau-mau part . (In case you aren't firmillar with the oaks indivisually, Joe Bonsall is the tenor and Richard Sterban is the Bass singer .) interesting fact , I met the Oaks (that's shortI've hand for Oak Ridge Boys) i Branson 2004 when my Mom arranged it through Joe himself . Been a fan of the groupsince I was three years old

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I would love to see the Muppets do some of the novelty songs by Weird Al Yankovic and Ray Stevens. It would be hilarious to see a Muppets version of "White and Nerdy" or "Fat" or "Eat It" or "Like a Surgeon" or tons others really.
And Ray Stevens has some great ones- "Ahab the Arab" would be a great one for Uncle Deadly. And I think I coud see Animal or maybe Gonzo doing "The Streak". Sam would be hilarious in the role of the witness on the scene.:attitude: Or Wayne and Wanda would work really well with that too.
And "Santa Claus Is Watching You" (with Jerry Nelson as Santa Claus? Or maybe Crazy Harry would be just right for that part. He'd really be right for Weird Al Yankovic's "The Night Santa Went Crazy", but somehow I don't think that would play on The Muppet Show.) And "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" would be great to see too. I could definitely picture a Muppet church with Kermit as the minister perhaps (I thought Gonzo was going to play the minister:smile:- okay, he could too.:concern:)
The religious hypocrisy that Ray Stevens skewers in this song is just the kind of thing the Muppets would skewer too, I think.
"Oh, the miracles that God has wrought in this ol' world. But the one I'll remember to my dying day is how He put that church back on the narrow way with a half-crazed Mississippi squirrel." Hahaha- I love this song!
I also think for a more tender song, it would be great for the Muppets to do Ray Stevens' "Everything is Beautiful" song. It really is a wonderful, beautiful message that is totally true- God has made everything beautiful in His time. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
I would've loved an episode with Ray Stevens and with Weird Al Yankovic really. But the show ended before Weird Al had really gotten real famous- and I guess that might be true somewhat for Ray Stevens, though he'd been putting out hits like "Ahab the Arab" and "Gitarzan" since the late '60s.

HamHock

Reaction score
I think Miss Piggy should sing I who have nothing by Tom Jones. She would be stunning.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I think it would have been nice to have a chorus of Muppets singing "Love Me Do," backed up by Beauregard on harmonica.