Songs That Make You Cry Redux

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes long/huge threads have to be deleted due to either spammers posting plus ensueing related posts or people ask to have their posts deleted, that and it just becomes a mess trying to sort out which posts should be deleted.
Who keeps asking their posts to be deleted anyway? I mean, I can kind of understand where you're coming from from a moderating standpoint and that it would be easier just to delete the threads altogether, but in a sense, it's kind of not fair for everybody else who was active in the thread.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The 2000 version of What Is Friend from Sesame Street. But in a good way though.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
"How Am I Supposed to Live Without You." (That was honestly my song when my cat Buddy died on 4/23/14).

"How Could This Happen to Me" by Simple Plan (I can't describe how many times I've listened to this song when I'm having a crummy day/week).

"It's Time for Saying Goodbye" (this song is why I partially didn't watch "The Muppets Take Manhatten" alot as a kid).

"Who Will I Kill" from 624 - Samson vs the Vampire Women of Mst3k. You know a song/show is good when you can sympathize with a mad scientist like Dr. Forrester.

"When She Loved Me" from Toy Story 2. Growing up sucks. :smirk:

"I've Got Nothing" by Dairus Rucker. The music video for this song is really sad.

"Nocturne's Wind" aka Shii's song. I saw the latter version on fetchfido.com when I was 11 in 2004. The visuals with the singing cat made it sad....

To name some.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This Little Big Town song right here. Something about it is just beautiful and heartwrenching:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This song is already sad enough in of itself but affects me too because I had this friend who was practically a sister to me years ago. She loved this song and when her dad died at a very young age, she played this song at his funeral:
It's always been a song that's made me cry but ever since his passing, the association with the funeral has only made it worse. I even considered using it in a video a while back but I couldn't get through the video without crying so I had to scrap the idea all together. Plus with my videos being mostly comedy and all, I felt like I was making fun of the song in a way which additionally made me end the production of that video.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Most of the songs in the Land Before Time sequels were pretty meh like the sequels themselves, but there are two that I admit that got me tearing up are "Grandma's Lullaby" (from the 4th installment) and "Always There" (from the 5th). Both feel like something that could have been in the 1st film had Don Bluth included songs, and in the case of "Always There", Littlefoot's verse is especially lovely.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I love this song very much but every time it makes my cry hard. Patty Griffin's beautiful near angelic voice definitely makes it ever sadder despite the already tragic lyrics. I mean, it's basically a song about parental abuse. What's not sad about that? The line,
"Her daddy called her a sl*t and a wh*re on the night before her wedding day," makes me cry every time. Because there are actually people out there like that, it's very sad to think about but it's unfortunately true. Every time I hear this song it makes me want to go hug my parents because of how thankful I am that I have loving, supportive parents that are nothing like the ones in the song. It makes me feel as though sometimes I've taken my parent's love for granted and also reminds me of how blessed I am to have such wonderful parents in my life because sadly there are a lot of kids out there who's mothers and fathers could care less about them:
Although I don't know what angels actually sound like, I bet their voices sound something like Patty Griffin.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
This song has an amazing message that many authors, creators, artists, etc. sadly ignore. It makes me cry every time I hear it because of the deep meaning it has when you actually listen to the song's wonderful lyrics. The message in this song is saying that an artist's work should be timeless. While I enjoy watching shows like Saturday Night Live and Family Guy which regularly make fun of modern pop culture. Those things will never hold up in the future. Viewers of future generations will question who that Lady Gaga person is they keep talking about, what the heck Game of Thrones is, what words like "hashtag", "selfie", and "derp" mean, etc. I personally believe that the most meaningful works in the world of entertainment are the ones that have timeless messages that people of all generations can relate to. That's part of the reason I love Wonder Showzen so much. It's just as witty, clever, and hilarious now as it was 13 years ago when the show first premiered. Rather than making fun of modern pop culture and semi-popular fads that would be long forgotten years later, it relied on simple timeless satire that all generations can relate to. The jokes in Wonder Showzen won't just hold up 10 years from now but maybe even 100 years from now. An example of this is how while the show often referenced politics, they never actually mentioned then president George W. Bush by name but rather simply referred to him as "the president". That makes it where the jokes could apply to any politician from any generation rather than just sticking to one specific president. That right there makes me wonder whether the show's creators had timelessness in mind when they created the series. I wish more artists would do things like that, because if you ask me longevity is key when it comes to an artist's masterpieces having a legacy that would last forever:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Does anyone else wanna cry when they listen to this tune? Even when I was younger, listening to it made me feel emotional.