1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Songs That Make You Cry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhiteRabbit, Jan 12, 2011.

1. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

I figured I'd make this since we have The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread and What song can you not get out of your head? topics already. So...er, what songs have the ability to make you cry in a happy or sad way? :confused: You don't have to give a reason but you can if you want to.

Here's mine...

~Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd (It used to be song a friend and I liked before she moved away. It means a lot more now.)

~Jealous Guy by John Lennon

~Angel by Sarah McLachlan (It's sad alone, but this song used to play during these animal rescue commercials. </3)

~Who Knew by P!nk

~Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton (I was too little at the time but I heard from my dad that it played at my uncle's funeral.)

~Sunrise, Sunset
    from Fiddler on the Roof ('Nuff said.)

~It would take forever to list every Disney and Don Bluth song but there's a lot. XP
    Nick22 likes this.
  2. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

'Maggie' by Colin Hay

'Awake' by Josh Groban

'Between the Lines' by Sara Bareilles

'Everything I've Known' from In the Heights

'Left Behind' from Spring Awakening

'Finale' and 'I'll Cover You (Reprise)' from RENT

'Electricity' from Billy Elliot: The Musical
  3. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

• Gee I'm Glad It's Raining
    • I Am Woman
    • It Only Hurts When I Cry
    • River Road(Crystal Gayle on The Muppet Show version)
    • Not In Nottingham
    • The Rose
    • Seasons of Love(RENT)
    • Flesh Failures(Hair)
    • This Woman's Work(She's Having a Baby)
    • When Somebody Loved Me(Toy Story 2)
    • Far From The Home I Love, Anatevka(Fiddler on the Roof)
    • Where Is Love?(Oliver!)
    • Tomorrow(Annie)
    • Piece of Sky(Yentl)
    • There's Always Tomorrow
    • Circle of Life(Broadway Show)
  4. Pork

Pork Active Member

Alice keep dreaming - (Its reminds me of my nan, she used to call me sweet Alice... even though that's not my name, I miss her)
  5. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Here's a partial list of songs that have made me misty-eyed - or at least caused a very substantial yank at the heartstrings.

"Why" - Annie Lennox
    "Bright Eyes" - Art Garfunkel
    "Hang On to a Dream" - ELP (orig. by Tim Hardin)
    "Find Me An Angel" - Nik Kershaw
    "I Don't Know Why I Still Love You" - Greg Lake
    "River of Tears" - Eric Clapton
    "Saying Goodbye" - from TMTM
    "Love of My Life" - Queen
    "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" - from Les Mis
    "On My Own" - also from Les Mis
  6. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I literally can not listen to any of these without tearing up:

Sally's Pigeons by Cyndi Lauper

The Last Song by Elton John

Hush, Hush by Annie Lennox/Herbie Hancock (cover of a Paula Cole song but i've only heard Annie's version)

And ever since Jim Henson's death and the tribute special, i can never hear any version of Just One Person without crying.
  7. HootsytheOwl

HootsytheOwl Member

songs too sad to listen to

Humanity- Scorpions

The Last Unicorn-America ( from the movie)

The songs mean to me too much dying..........hopelessness, everyone leaving...worldwide destruction.

These are songs I cannot even listen to anymore.
    It just isn't good for my psyche.
  8. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Wind Beneath My Wings -(the day my dad passed away ,this was playing on the radio & I had to tell my brother to turn it off)
    In The Arms Of An Angel (Aille,I'm with you there.Why they need to play that during an ASPCA commercial is beyond me.The commercial's sad enough as it is)
    So Long Old Friend (it was from a Garfield special where Odie & Garfield wound up in the pound)
    Alice Keep Dreaming (this past year was the first year it made me sad because Alice was my friend's mom's name & she passed away last April)
    some Perry Como songs & some Nat King Cole songs (my dad loved songs from both singers)
  9. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Most songs, if not all, from Joni Mitchells' Court and Spark album. I love that album so much, though I'm sure I can think of other examples.
  10. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Oh, just thought of some. I closed this window and for some reason it didn't let me edit my recent post. :confused:

'America' (Simon and Garfunkel): Arrrggghhh this song chokes me up so much. For some reason, I get very romantic when I think about travelling, and I would love to visit America one day. I have a bad case of wanderlust.

'Everlong (Foo Fighters): Reminds me of good times and good people.

'Ventura Highway' (America): Reminds me of little country areas that I'd visit during my early teens, where everything was very simple.

'Polly' (Nirvana): Pretty much due to the subject of the song, I'm just extremely sensitive about that sort of thing.

'Suite: Judy Blue Eyes' (Crosby, Stills and Nash): Basically for the same reason as 'Ventura Highway'.

'Gypsy' (Fleetwood Mac): I've been a Fleetwood Mac fan for quite a few years, and I was fortunate enough to see them live just a little over a year ago. After they played this song, I remember seeing Stevie Nicks hugging Lindsey Buckingham, and I remember chocking up. 'Landslide' and 'Gypsy' also make my eyes prick.
  11. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

And how. ._.
  12. Pork

Pork Active Member

Add these two to my list as well. Especially the latter. :cry:
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

See you again, Hero. I know no one knows what I'm talking about, but it's from Kinnikuman. They play it every time during a dramatic scene where one of the characters dies.
  14. JaniceFerSure

• Somewhere Out There
    • Wind Beneath My Wings
    • Sally's Pigeons
    • Beauty and the Beast
    • My Heart Will Go On
    • You and Me Against the World
    • Bein' Green
    • Wish You Were Here
    • Time After Time
    • True Colors
    • After All
    • Angel(Sarah McLachlan)
    • Madame Butterfly-Un bel di vedremo
  15. Puckrox

The Next To Normal soundtrack. Most depressing musical ever. Especially the songs:

* He's Not Here
    * Superboy and the Invisible Girl
    * I Dreamed a Dance
    * There's A World
    * I've Been
    * Light in the Dark
    * How Could I Ever Forget?
    * Maybe
    * I Am the One (reprise)

Oh man. I'm getting choked up just thinking about the songs. Real life, dramatic musicals are so great. Another depressing musical is Last Five Years. It's so good.
  16. JaniceFerSure

Amazing Grace-Silkwood
  17. Pork

Pork Active Member

Butterfly Kisses
  18. Puckrox

The song "A Boy and His Frog" by Tom Smith. Everyone should check it out, it's a great tribute to Jim Henson and it makes me sob every time.

Here's a really great tribute video set to the song. The link will take you to youtube and then it'll be all "this video contains inappropriate material" but it doesn't. I really doesn't. It's so good.
  19. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Ellesworth by Rascal Flatts,it's basically about a grandmother who gets alzheimers ( I think)

The Little Girl by John Michael Montgomery

Remembering You by Stephen Curtis Chapman (partly because that was the last song I sang to my theatre group in high school and we were a pretty tight knit bunch)
  20. JaniceFerSure

Papa Can You Here Me?-Yentl