1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Songs that remind you of Muppets

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by dwmckim, Mar 27, 2008.

1. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

Not that I know of? and I would like to add "Those Magic Changes" I can picture this being played at a "at the Dance" Bits!

GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

"Gold on the Ceiling" by The Black Keys. If there was a new Muppet Show, the EM would have to play that song!

GopherCoffee and LeahXZoot4Evur like this.
  3. I can imagine Camilla singing this. :p

4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

If by the song "In The Jungle" you mean the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by The Tokens which starts off with that initial line, yes, it's been done several times.

The first was performed by the band The Nylons with the assistance of the Thought Lion in Episode 103 of The Jim Henson Hour.
    The second time was performed by a bunch of animals from The Jim Henson Animal Show in Episode 103 of Muppets Tonightgueststarring Billy Crystal.

Hope this helps.

5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I can always count on you Ed! thanks

6. Linda36

Linda36 New Member

Jambalaya by Fats Domino

I Only Want to Be With You - Dusty Springfield

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft by Klaatu (or the Carpenters)

Mr. Postman - The Marvelettes

Too Sexy - Right Said Fred

If You Leave Me Now - Chicago

Muskrat Love - Captain & Tennille

Top of the World - Carpenters

GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

That song "Sexy Back" reminds me of Miss Piggy.
    I mean, picture Miss Piggy walking down the street walking Foo Foo with everyone watching her.
    Now play that song in your head.

GopherCoffee and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  8. StevieOpossum

I think the song "It's Crazy, Man!" by The Aquabats would be a pretty good song for the Muppets to cover. The insane laughter and random Spanish inserted into the song makes it kinda Muppet-y sounding. I can imagine Crazy Harry blowing things up while the song is playing. :crazy:

theSHE124 likes this.
  9. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

I can see the Electric Mayhem singing this song while doing a music video.

From :04 to :10 show a muppet with each beat like Scooter, Rowlf, Hilda (yes her from season 1 for fun), etc., then around :11 show Dr. Teeth's fingers playing his electric piano, maybe show Rowlf again wearing that black hat he wore in The Muppets playing a piano of his own in the backstage of the Muppet Theater, and various muppets bopping their heads back and forth to the beat.

At :36, Dr. Teeth starts to sing while playing the piano (maybe in the Muppet Theater or some other place) with other muppets continuing to bounce their heads back and forth in scenes alternating between Dr. Teeth. Maybe show some random clips from various seasons of the Muppet Show and the films.

At 1:01, have Floyd take over singing and playing his guitar (the audience watching at home still doesn't know if he's in the Muppet Theater or not). At 1:27, have quick scenes matching the beats of various things like muppets, parts of the theater, etc.

At 1:30, have Janice sing but in black and white instead of in color singing outside in the daytime showing various people playing, sitting and enjoying the day, etc. playing her guitar.

At 1:55, have Lips sing (sans carrying his trumpet) but now back in color possibly on the streets of some busy section of a city with various people walking around him. Show random shots of people, cars, cabs, etc.

At 2:22, have random clips of either muppets or whatever match the quick beats. At 2:24, we're back in the Muppet Theater and showing various muppets like Kermit, Robin, Fozzie, Beauregard, Zippity Zap, Link Hogthrob, Andy and Randy, etc. providing the background voices.

At 2:49 have Zoot (sans saxaphone) sing now back in the Muppet Theater walking past various muppets.

At 3:12, go back and show the Electric Mayhem (including Animal on his drums) singing and playing their instruments individually, not showing them with the band just yet but by themselves.

At 3:25, show the entire Electric Mayhem singing on stage in the Muppet Theater with Dr. Teeth and Animal in the back while Floyd, Zoot, Janice, and Lips in that order (in which they also were during the Happiness Hotel number) singing and playing their instruments together. Show a close up of Statler and Waldorf bopping their heads back and forth enjoying the song, then back on the Electric Mayhem. Let Animal say some throw away line after the song ends. *video ends*

10. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

'You Can't Stop the Beat' from Hairspray. I can just imagine Piggy and Kermit singing the second verse.

'Somebody to Love'- What's the harm in another Queen parody?

'Just Give Me A Reason' by P!NK. Not sure why, but reminds me of the Frog's and Pig's relationship.

'Livin' Da Vida Loca' because you'd be hard-pressed to find a Muppet who didn't.

'Cooler Than Me' by Mile Posner. Pretty much sums up Miss Piggy.

'Thank You for the Music' by ABBA. A perfect song for Kermit if you change the lyrics to be suitable for a frog. I'm pretty sure that Kermit has never been 'the girl with golden hair'.

'Dancing Queen' also by ABBA. A song just for Piggy, Janice, Camilla and the chickens. Annie Sue too if she ever returns!

11. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Dude, you should storyboard this!! :excited:

I also have a couple of suggestions:

I think it will be better that Zoot should do a saxophone solo on that 2:49 bit. I wanna hear that sweet sax music to that soothing melody! :cool:

As for a line for Animal, I'm imagining...

:halo: MAGIC MISTY KIND!

Or...

:halo: BYE-BYE!

Hope it helps. :smirk:

12. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

"The Piper" by Abba - that songs reminds me of Cantus and I can picture him playing his magic pipe I love this song!
    I'm A Marionette by Abba - this song could of been on the Muppet Show if the show did continue right after 1981.
    The Dream (from Fiddler on the Roof) - Hmmm... this song is perfect for Boober and Mokey but boy it is scary and kind of interesting too.
    A Duo (from An American Tail) - a perfect song for Robin and Sweetums :grr: Guess what I noticed. It's almost the same melody as the song, "Two Lost Souls"

theSHE124 likes this.
  13. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

I can just imagine Miss Piggy singing this

theSHE124 likes this.
  14. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I Got Fingers (by the Arrogant Worms) - The end of the song ("One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and two thumbs!") sounds a lot like a line from Count's First Day of School. ("And that makes one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!") Not just because of the counting, it's close to the same tune. Other than the lines I mentioned, those two songs are very different.

GopherCoffee and theSHE124 like this.
  15. StevieOpossum

The Electric Mayhem should cover "Don't Tread On Me" by 311. Pretty relaxed and funky, a good fit for them.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Boyfriend (I Wish He Was My Boyfriend) - Best Coast
    :excited: and :smirk: are a great pairing, but like the song states... they are just friends.
    /

theSHE124 likes this.
  17. CountFan1998

CountFan1998 Active Member

This kinda reminds me of the post-Sam and Friends early Muppets stuff. I can just imagine some weird creatures like Java or Business Business (and perfectly timed explosions).:D

"Brick House" by the Commodores. I know it's obvious, but just sayin'... :rolleyes:

GopherCoffee and theSHE124 like this.
  18. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I always thought that "Takin' Care of Business" sounded a lot like the Electric Mayhem. I'm quite surprised that the EM didn't actually didn't perform this on The Muppet Show. I mean, it came out in 1973, there are significant guitar and piano parts (perfect for Floyd, Janice, and Dr. Teeth), and, heck, at certain parts, it sounds like Randy Bachman is doing his best Dr. Teeth impression. I'll let you decide.

19. Janice+Floyd<3

Janice+Floyd<3 Well-Known Member

Macklemores music reminds me of the electric mayhem band for some reason :b and 'Tarzan and Jane' by toy box makes me think of janice and Floyd for some reason

20. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Now that you mentioned it, I was in a puppet exercise with Steve Whitmire some years back at the center! The track is a perfect practice lip-sync that was used for the workshop. And my Mom became proud of my potential that fateful day...:)