1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Songs that remind you of Muppets

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by dwmckim, Mar 27, 2008.

1. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" sounds like something Miss Piggy would sing about Link Hogthrob, as a counterpart to Mac Davis's "It's Hard to be Humble", which featured Link and a chorus of Muppets later on in the song....

The Muppet Show - It's Hard To Be Humble - YouTube

2. snichols1973

The Troggs' "Wild Thing" reminds me of Animal; I can just imagine him singing the lead while the rest of the Electric Mayhem try to hold him back while he goes chasing a woman about the stage.....

Wild Thing By Animal - YouTube

Whenever I listen to Glenn Frey's "The Heat is On" from Beverly Hills Cop, I can visualize Zoot playing some hot notes on the saxophone; this is the best I could find for a Muppets' version of "The Heat Is On" with Alf....

Alf & Muppets - The Heat Is On - YouTube

3. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

When I listen to Diana Ross "If We Hold On Together" I can imagine the Fraggle five singing their rendition of this song.

4. Strange James

Strange James New Member

Odd choice, but the Match Game theme makes me think of the Muppet Show (Funny considering both were around in the 70s) but it oddly has a Fraggle vibe to it just based on the bass line alone.

5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I love the Match Game, and there theme as well. I could just picture the Muppets doing a skit to the song on the Muppet Show.​

I have also wanted to get a match type game going on the forums, but it has never happened.​

theSHE124 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  6. Strange James

Strange James New Member

Wouldn't be a bad idea. Match Game's format seems like it'd fit perfectly with the Muppets/

7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this song has been mentioned or not, and I am to lazy to look. Set Fire to the Rain by Adel is a song I could see Piggy sinning.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  8. snichols1973

Trivia moment: "One Night in Bangkok" was composed by Tim Rice, along with Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson of ABBA for Chess, a musical which made its UK debut in 1986, and its USA debut in 1988. There are some plot differences between the US and UK versions, and as a result, the US version received more critical reviews than its UK counterpart.

I actually like the orchestral sound of One Night in Bangkok's intro, which is also the overture for Act 2.

I can just picture Sam the American Eagle as the lead vocalist/narrator of a Muppet version with necessary lyrical adaptations.....:attitude:

One night in Bangkok - Murray Head - YouTube

GopherCoffee and theSHE124 like this.
  9. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

I think I heard that ABBA track before this...I like it, especially the Muppet Idea for it! I can imagine a dance group dressed in chess pieces (because, y'know, it's part of Chess) but they dance like they're in a Bollywood movie. That'll challenge Sam's judgment of culture! [Good suggestion, Snichols!:laugh: ]

And yeah, there should be an explosion in the end!--only because I can't think of another ending for it. [You're really clever, Kuriboh Man!;)]

GopherCoffee and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  10. snichols1973

The Devil in this Muppet version of Linda Ronstadt's "You're No Good" (from ep. 420: Alan Arkin) has a bit of woman-chasing Animal in him, and a voice that sounds a bit like Floyd's (both the Devil and Floyd were performed by Jerry Nelson, by the way).

The Muppet Show - You're No Good - YouTube

And then you have the Muppets' version of War's "Why Can't We Be Friends?"
    (ep. 401: John Denver) with different lyrics, and Crazy Harry is having a real
    "battle-field day".....:crazy:

Why can't we be friends? - YouTube

11. snichols1973

I just thought of another odd combination:

Does anyone else ever think of Crazy Harry when listening to Billy Joel's
    "You May Be Right"?

:crazy:

Consider these lyrical excerpts: "....so you said that only proves that I'm insane. You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...."

"....You were lonely for a man, I said 'Take me as I am, you might enjoy some madness for a while' ....."

".....I might be as crazy as you say; If I'm crazy then it's true, and it's all because of you, And you wouldn't want me any other way....."

12. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

I have one! I love a Rainy night by Eddie Rabbit! I can picture a bunch of Muppets Singing in the rain at nighttime until everything gets flooded!

13. Twisted Tails

I have another one! Give Your Heart A Break... I can imagine this song would be sung by Zoot & Janice. Oh well, so I made a ridiculous idea, but it's true.

Stand By Me... I love this song! I can picture Wembley with the rest of the Fraggle five singing this song. Yeah I know that song is classic, but I like it.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Uh, Muppetfan, 'Stand by Me' was already done for the Muppet Viral Videos. It's short, but it's hilariously cute!

GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

I can picture the following songs that represents Sam the Eagle!
    1.) Courtesy of the Red White and Blue
    2.) Proud to be an American

16. Twisted Tails

Everyday - Carly Comando

17. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

"Dynamite" by Taio Cruz reminds me of Crazy Harry

GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Ah, I see where you're going with this one, Colette! Definitely beautiful music for Rowlf to play! :sympathy:

19. Twisted Tails

Deep Purple's "River Deep, Mountain High" reminds me of the Electric Mayhem

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  20. Twisted Tails

Getting Married Today from Company :):mad:
    This song does remind me of Kermit & Miss Piggy.

This song for females is a tongue-twister and very fast. So my advice is anyone that plays the part as Amy from Company or does this song at a wedding for real, please memorize these lines, because this song is quick.