Songs that remind you of Muppets

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Speaking of songs(And I know I should know this) but did the Muppets ever do anything with the song "In the Jungle".?

Not that I know of? and I would like to add "Those Magic Changes" I can picture this being played at a "at the Dance" Bits!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of songs(And I know I should know this) but did the Muppets ever do anything with the song "In the Jungle".?

If by the song "In The Jungle" you mean the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by The Tokens which starts off with that initial line, yes, it's been done several times.

The first was performed by the band The Nylons with the assistance of the Thought Lion in Episode 103 of The Jim Henson Hour.
The second time was performed by a bunch of animals from The Jim Henson Animal Show in Episode 103 of Muppets Tonightgueststarring Billy Crystal.

Hope this helps.

Linda36

Reaction score
Jambalaya by Fats Domino

I Only Want to Be With You - Dusty Springfield

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft by Klaatu (or the Carpenters)

Mr. Postman - The Marvelettes

Too Sexy - Right Said Fred

If You Leave Me Now - Chicago

Muskrat Love - Captain & Tennille

Top of the World - Carpenters

Misskermie

Reaction score
That song "Sexy Back" reminds me of Miss Piggy.
I mean, picture Miss Piggy walking down the street walking Foo Foo with everyone watching her.
Now play that song in your head.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I think the song "It's Crazy, Man!" by The Aquabats would be a pretty good song for the Muppets to cover. The insane laughter and random Spanish inserted into the song makes it kinda Muppet-y sounding. I can imagine Crazy Harry blowing things up while the song is playing. :crazy:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score

I can see the Electric Mayhem singing this song while doing a music video.

From :04 to :10 show a muppet with each beat like Scooter, Rowlf, Hilda (yes her from season 1 for fun), etc., then around :11 show Dr. Teeth's fingers playing his electric piano, maybe show Rowlf again wearing that black hat he wore in The Muppets playing a piano of his own in the backstage of the Muppet Theater, and various muppets bopping their heads back and forth to the beat.

At :36, Dr. Teeth starts to sing while playing the piano (maybe in the Muppet Theater or some other place) with other muppets continuing to bounce their heads back and forth in scenes alternating between Dr. Teeth. Maybe show some random clips from various seasons of the Muppet Show and the films.

At 1:01, have Floyd take over singing and playing his guitar (the audience watching at home still doesn't know if he's in the Muppet Theater or not). At 1:27, have quick scenes matching the beats of various things like muppets, parts of the theater, etc.

At 1:30, have Janice sing but in black and white instead of in color singing outside in the daytime showing various people playing, sitting and enjoying the day, etc. playing her guitar.

At 1:55, have Lips sing (sans carrying his trumpet) but now back in color possibly on the streets of some busy section of a city with various people walking around him. Show random shots of people, cars, cabs, etc.

At 2:22, have random clips of either muppets or whatever match the quick beats. At 2:24, we're back in the Muppet Theater and showing various muppets like Kermit, Robin, Fozzie, Beauregard, Zippity Zap, Link Hogthrob, Andy and Randy, etc. providing the background voices.

At 2:49 have Zoot (sans saxaphone) sing now back in the Muppet Theater walking past various muppets.

At 3:12, go back and show the Electric Mayhem (including Animal on his drums) singing and playing their instruments individually, not showing them with the band just yet but by themselves.

At 3:25, show the entire Electric Mayhem singing on stage in the Muppet Theater with Dr. Teeth and Animal in the back while Floyd, Zoot, Janice, and Lips in that order (in which they also were during the Happiness Hotel number) singing and playing their instruments together. Show a close up of Statler and Waldorf bopping their heads back and forth enjoying the song, then back on the Electric Mayhem. Let Animal say some throw away line after the song ends. *video ends*

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
'You Can't Stop the Beat' from Hairspray. I can just imagine Piggy and Kermit singing the second verse.

'Somebody to Love'- What's the harm in another Queen parody?

'Just Give Me A Reason' by P!NK. Not sure why, but reminds me of the Frog's and Pig's relationship.

'Livin' Da Vida Loca' because you'd be hard-pressed to find a Muppet who didn't.

'Cooler Than Me' by Mile Posner. Pretty much sums up Miss Piggy.

'Thank You for the Music' by ABBA. A perfect song for Kermit if you change the lyrics to be suitable for a frog. I'm pretty sure that Kermit has never been 'the girl with golden hair'.

'Dancing Queen' also by ABBA. A song just for Piggy, Janice, Camilla and the chickens. Annie Sue too if she ever returns!