Songs that remind you of SST/The Muppets

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The harmonica solo in this song (1:31) really reminds me of Sesame Street circa late '90s early 2000's? Wasn't there like some harmonica thing in the end credits?

Burt Bacharach = Joe Raposo

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This reminds me a lot of a Sesame Street insert from the 70s and 80s :
Video starts at 0:08

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing that I love about Stevie Wonder is that way back when, he always sounded so ahead of his time, but in a good way: "For Once in My Life" sounds like the kind of song you'd hear in a modern-day movie soundtrack.

Anyshoe, this Baha Men song always made me visualize a group of AM monsters doing a lavish production number:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The thing that I love about Stevie Wonder is that way back when, he always sounded so ahead of his time, but in a good way: "For Once in My Life" sounds like the kind of song you'd hear in a modern-day movie soundtrack.
That's actually where I discovered it. I'm sure I've heard it before, but I actually heard it in the movie Begin Again.

Yeah, but for the late '60s that song was really ahead of its time; truly timeless.

Last edited:

crackmaster

Reaction score
Sorry to bump the thread, but "See You Again" by Wiz Khalifa used to remind 12 year old me of Bill the Bat and Claire the Cat (even when I was young, I knew they were more than just friends.)

Now, "Blue Monday" by New Order reminds me of them, because I used the bassline in a WIP synthwave remix of the cartoon.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
A certain note sequence in the opening to the cartoon series "Maxie's World", along with the Manhattan Transfer's song "The Boy from New York City" reminds me of the theme to "Sesame Street".

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
When I listen to any song that was parodied on SST, that version comes to mind immediately. It also happens when I listen to songs Weird Al parodied.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Here’s a few more I just thought of:
  • Nasty (the Janet Jackson song) - There’s a certain riff in the song that reminds me of the 1992-2006 SST credits.
  • Uptown Girl - Billy Joel sounds like Little Jerry (the Muppet, not LittleJerry92) in this song.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
After listening to "When Doves Cry" by Prince, I can’t help but feel the opening beat sounds like something out of a Sally Cruikshank SST cartoon.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest I get a bit of a Moo Wave vibe from the song as a whole.