1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Songs the Muppets SHOULD have covered...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Stix, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Lately I've been thinking of some contemporary music I'd really like to hear covered by the Muppets. One song that comes to mind is Exit Music (For a Film) by Radiohead... covered, of course, by the Electic Mayhem. Even though the song's for one singer, vocals could be shared with Dr. Teeth and Floyd. It's a somber, beautiful song that both of them would be well-suited for.
  2. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

A whatnot Muppet dressed as a Vampire should sing the song "Young Blood" by The Coasters.
  3. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

The song "Twist & Shout" is by The Beatles. They wrote it.
  4. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

That would've been funny :zany:
  5. ploobis

Actually The Isley Brothers first recorded "Twist & Shout" in 1961 or 1962 before The Beatles recorded it.
  6. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

"Glory of Love" could be sung by Peter Cetera (who would have been the guest star of "The Jim Henson Hour") with Solid Foam.
  7. ploobis

Here is a list of some songs that I think The Muppets should have covered. :)

1. Chuck Berry's "You Can't Catch Me" by Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem

2. "SH-BOOM" by The Gills Brothers with Crazy Harry blowing things up! :crazy:

3. Fats Domino's "The Fat Man" by Howard Tubman

4. "Tiny Bubbles" by Bill The Bubble Guy

5. Chuck Berry's "Too Much Monkey Business" by Sal

6. The Everly Brother's "Wake Up Little Susie" by Floyd & Janice

7. "Call Me Irresponsible" by Johnny Fiama

8. Spike Jones's "Monster Movie Ball" by Uncle Deadly and The Monsters & Frackles

9. "In The Mood" or "Sing Sing Sing" by Bobby Benson's Baby Band

10. "Earth Angle" by The Muppet Penguins :zany:

11. "Twist & Shout" by The Extremes

12. "Running Bear" by a Whatnot Indian

13. "Monster Mash" by The Muppet Monsters & Frackles

14. Dion's "The Wonderer" by Floyd Pepper
  8. TotallySpiesFan

"Magic Dance" could be sung by David Bowie (who would have been the guest star of "The Jim Henson Hour") and the giant monsters.
  9. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i would love to see some Elvis Presley songs covered i am a big Elvis fan he had a lot of great songs that the muppets would have done a lot of good with .:)
  10. ploobis

Geri and the Atrics sung "Hound Dog" on the Dyan Cannon episode of The Muppet Show.
  11. muppet baby

oh wow thank you for leting me know about that i must have forgoten about it i can't wait until it comes out in the seasons sets :)
  12. ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie Member

I think the Mayhem would be awesome doing "My Oh My" or "Cartoon Heros", both by Aqua.
  13. muppet baby

oh maybe they should have done something to the flintstones or jetsons music that would have been funny :) ;)
  14. anytimepally

That would rock! :sing: :flirt:
  15. Telly

Telly Active Member

Piggy should sing "Sooner or Later" by Madonna from the 1990 movie Dick Tracy!
  16. TotallySpiesFan

Various Whatnots should sing "Kind of a Drag" by the Buckinghams.
  17. anytimepally

Johnny Fiama singing Peter Gabriel's "Shock the Monkey" while Sal gets electrocuted :crazy:
  18. ploobis

I would love to see The Elvises (from Muppet Classic Theater and Muppets Tonight) sing "Too Much" by Elvis Presley!
  19. moodswinggirl

moodswinggirl New Member

Weezer songs

I wanna see Kermit go emo singing "In The Garage." or "The Sweater Song."
    or someone could sing "No One Else," with a monster playing the girl in the song. and when it gets to the "My girl's got eyeballs in the back of her head," the monster will have eyeballs in the back of her head.
  20. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Gordon Lightfoot's Early Morning Rain.

Napolian's They're Comming to Take Me Away.