1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Songs the Muppets SHOULD have covered...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Stix, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

The Electric Mayhem should sing "Babe" by Styx.

It would be easy to have Floyd sing the song to Janice, but nah. Let's go with something more interesting.

Zoot can sing the song, while Janice, Floyd, Lips, Dr. Teeth, and Animal back him up.

Maybe Zoot can have his saxaphone on a stool and he's singing to it. That would be funny yet disturbing all together.
  2. Telly

Telly Active Member

"I Can Hear the Bells" from Hairspray sun by Piggy
  3. ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie Member

There is one song that would be absolutely perfect for Floyd:

"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" :sing:
  4. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Starbuck's Moonlight Feels Right.
  5. ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie Member

I thought of something that I thought would be funny.

The Electric Mayhem would play Honky Tonk Badonkadonk by Trace Adkins, with Floyd on lead vocals, while Miss Piggy dances. It would be in a country bar setting, and during the course of the song, Miss Piggy realises what their singing about on her, and ends up karate chopping the entire band at the end of the song.
  6. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Aquarious or Age Of Aquarious is from the Galt Mcdermott musical 'Hair'. Nit only has it been done on TMS. But oddly enough there is one TMS Muppeteer who made their Musical Theatre debut in a production of 'Hair' in Sunderland, and yes they had to sing THAT song.
  7. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

it would have been fun the see them sing the crowded house song Don't dream it's over i love that song so much .:flirt:
  8. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Sundance the Lion could sing "I'm a Mean Ol' Lion" from the musical "The Wiz".
  9. How about Kermit and Miss Piggy singing 'I Wish I Were In Love Again'
  10. TotallySpiesFan

Some Muppet monsters could sing "People are Strange" by the Doors.
  11. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Floyd & Janice could sing the 50's Rock N Roll song "Black Slacks" by Joe Bennett & The Sparkletones. :sing: :flirt:
  12. TotallySpiesFan

Scooter would sing "California Sun" with the Electric Mayhem members playing and some female Whatnots at the beach.
  13. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Oh my gosh I was just thinking that! It would have to be done by the Electric Mayhem, with Dr. Teeth on lead vocals.
  14. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I would have loved to see The Gills Brothers do more songs!

They should have sung "Sh-Boom" while Crazy Harry blows stuff up in the background!

They should have also covered the song "Tiny Bubbles". It's a song from either the 1930's, 1940's or older.

I would love to hear the Gills Brothers sing anything. I loved there "Sixty Seconds Got Together" song! :)
  15. ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie Member

I thought it would be cool for the Muppets to do a theme song meledy. Here's how I would of liked it to happen.

"Green Acres"- Kermit and Miss Piggy
    "The Monkees"- The Electric Mayhem
    "Cheers"- Rowlf
    "21 Jump Street"- Scooter
    "Diff'rent Strokes"- Gonzo
    "Who's The Boss?"- Fozzie
    "Friends"- All
  16. TotallySpiesFan

Gonzo could sing "Jurassic Park (MacArthur Park)" by Weird Al Yankovic.
  17. TotallySpiesFan

Weird Al Yankovic's I Lost on Jeopardy
  18. wombat woman

wombat woman New Member

If you don't something a bit more obscure, how about 'Concerning Charlie Horse' by Great Big Sea. Actually, there's a lot of stuff by Great Big Sea.

(download the song: http://www.greatbigsea.com/themusic/thte.aspx)

Another one that I would love is an instrumental--'Initiation' by Tommy Emmanuel. Cool Australian outback music.

ta,
    wombat
  19. ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie Member

20. ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie Member