Songs You Can't Stand

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the worst song to get in your head is the Barney song.
Ah, Barney. You can scope the talent of your kid's show by how many of their "songs" are just public Domain crap with poorly written lyrics forced in there.

And not even in a Weird Al Yankovic, intentional lyric replacement that makes the song actually better kind of way. Just the "we're making out signature song something we don't have to write and we don't have to pay for" way.

Lazy, terrible show.

Another Henson song I don't care for: "There's a New Sound". Despite Richard, the performance is literally the same verse sung four times, with the only difference between them is a modulation.
It's almost a call back to Henson's earlier Sam and Friends type sketches, because it's basically a wacky record that Jim and the rest dressed up with crazy visuals. other than that, it's just a lame Spike Jonez like novelty record that isn't quite all that funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Almost sounds like a random show-stopping song from Courage the Cowardly Dog, particularly the first and last 10 seconds.

Hubert

Reaction score
A song I can't stand, I really don't have any idea what it's called. I'm assuming it's called "It's a Good Life" or something to that effect. It has a lot of oooooooooooooing in it. Don't know much about it, I hear it frequently on the radio and in stores. I absolutely cannot stand that song!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
I'm actually kind of grateful to admit I have NO IDEA what "The Christmas Shoes" even is. I tend to avoid anything commerical during the Xmas consumer-worshipping-baal season...

Can't stand pop. Period. Anything we used to call top 40, now taken over by even worse bands than what was ruling the charts in the mid-'80s. (See earlier comment about Foreigner, heh.) All flash, no class, no talent.

But the worst offender recently has been that horrible "Put a Ring On It" trash. How the heck did this repetitive, boring, pointless song ever reach popular status?

I refuse to be the same species as anyone who listens to it willingly.
---------------