Songs You Can't Stand

newsmanfan

Reaction score
So, you don't even like michael Jackson then?
Not really, no. Some of his videos were quite creative..."Thriller," "Ghosts," from an eye-candy standpoint...but no. Pop is still pop, and they all sound the same to me...yawn-inducing and mostly in four-four time. Haven't any pop bands ever heard of, of, I don't know, chord or time signature changes? EVER?
---------------

bandit

Reaction score
Well you've gotta take pop for what it is. It's musical junk food. It's good for a cheap treat but it lacks any kind of nutritional value or enrichment. ^_^

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Well you've gotta take pop for what it is. It's musical junk food. It's good for a cheap treat but it lacks any kind of nutritional value or enrichment. ^_^
Huh...no. I don't buy it. A Twinkie has a longer shelf life than anything on Billboard.
--------------

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I don't believe that at all. Every genre of music can have value, even pop. Just because something is designated pop[ular] doesn't necessarily render it good or bad. :wisdom:

bandit

Reaction score
Hahahahah! Well who the heck BUYS music anyway!? I do for the bands I want to support but these days you can just download everything from one place or another. But come on. Even you hate pop, you can appreciate the odd song here or there.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Why yes. I do appreciate the odd song. Dread Zeppelin, and anything from Dr Demento, in the right mood...:smile:

------------

bandit

Reaction score
I don't believe that at all. Everything genre of music can have value, even pop. Just because something is designated pop[ular] doesn't necessarily render it good or bad. :wisdom:
Yeah, it's kind of a gross generalization but my point is that just because something ISN'T musical genius doesn't mean you can't enjoy it for what it is. Like watching a Sci Fi horror movie . Or even worse...ScyFy.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Yeah, it's kind of a gross generalization but my point is that just because something ISN'T musical genius doesn't mean you can't enjoy it for what it is. Like watching a Sci Fi horror movie . Or even worse...ScyFy.
*shudder* She said DA WOIDS! Aaaaaaa!!

Nii! Nii! Nii!
-------------

bandit

Reaction score
Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

I've thought of another song I hate. The title escapes me but...It's the Toby Keith song about putting a boot in someone's ---! That's apparently the amuhrican way.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've thought of another song I hate. The title escapes me but...It's the Toby Keith song about putting a boot in someone's ---! That's apparently the amuhrican way.
Courtesy of the Red White and Blue.