Songs You Can't Stand

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I naturally love music, but there's one song I absolutely HATE with my life! Gangham Style! It tries too hard to be the Macarena of my generation. This was the point where I lost all hope in current music. I'm going to be REALLY MAD if it's the Song of the Year.
Luckily, or unluckily, depending on how you look at it, I have a feeling either "Call Me Maybe" or "Some Body That I Used to Know" will be.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Luckily, or unluckily, depending on how you look at it, I have a feeling either "Call Me Maybe" or "Some Body That I Used to Know" will be.
They're all quite bad, actually. At least Gangam's supposed to be a joke.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whatever it is, it's going to be close: Gangnam Style's, like some one previously pointed out, it like the Macarena of today's generation; "Some Body That I Used to Know" is popular for some reason, when it really isn't that great of a song; and Justin Bieber is pretty much why "Call Me Maybe" is a big hit, as Carly Rae Jepsen is his protege.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Like I said. Macarena is a straight forward song that came out of the height of that dumb "everyone pretending to be Hispanic/Latino" phase in the 90's when the "everyone pretend to be what we get out of African American Culture from gangsta rap and our misconstrued interpretation of Chris Rock comedy routines" fad died out. The song actually existed long before that.

As with Gangam... well, let's put it this way. Earlier in the year, it was funny because it was a meme. Now it's several months later, and old people who barely understand the internet who don't understand how internet humor works call their kids/grandkids into the room saying "Hey! It's that Gundam Guy you like!" with all the timeliness of getting a t-shirt of a Boy Band 4 years after you stopped liking them because they remember you liked it that one time. Personally, I love the song mainly as a meme, but because it doesn't take itself seriously, it IS a joke, and it's like what L(ame)MFAO would do if they were good. Of course, it's Asian humor, so mileage may vary. If nothing else, it's a novelty song that knows its a novelty song. And it kicks the crap out of whatever gunk Nikki Manaj farts out.

Really... Nikki Manaj. Songs you can't stand? How about artists you can't stand? She's like The Misfits to Lady Gaga's Jem. The nasty, worse, wanna be version of her.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Really... Nikki Manaj. Songs you can't stand? How about artists you can't stand? She's like The Misfits to Lady Gaga's Jem. The nasty, worse, wanna be version of her.
That's what I've been saying all this time: Nicki Minaj IS the black Lady Gaga... and yet, she herself doesn't understand why every body keeps comparing her to Lady Gaga, when she doesn't see any similarities between the two of them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's one difference. Gaga has talent. They just rarely let her show what she's best in, acoustic piano and jazz. Her pop stuff's fine, and a cut above the rest of a lame medium (hardly a Michael Jackson, though), but when you hear her play the piano and actually sing, it's magic. She had a Christmas special last Thanksgiving. She actually sang jazz standards with I can't remember if it was Tony Bennet or Rod Stewart, but that was the type of music she should be doing. The pop stuff's just branding. She should really go the Rod Stewart route and do those old standards.

Meanwhile Nikky has NO talent whatsoever. And she hates her fans and acts like one of the worst people ever.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

Lady Gaga before she became Lady Gaga...holy cow...is that talent I hear? :stick_out_tongue:

Shame she had to go with the autotune flow...

Princeton

Reaction score
I didn't need to call it. That's what Glee does. It takes whatever song possible and ruins it. The show is going to fad fast, believe you me.
This clip was released DAYS before the episode aired. Nobody knew the song would be featured on the show except for the cast and crew of Glee, the song's licensing company, and Carly Rae Jensen herself. Unless you fit any of those criteria (which I doubt), chalk it up to a lucky guess.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, it's what Glee does. They've done it at least 3 times now, taking an internet based song and performed it ironically. They did it with "Friday", Someone told me they did Gangham Style... besides, you'd be hard pressed to find a song they didn't mangl...errr...cover.

Speaking of Gangham Style... last night on the Boston area Three Stooges New Years Marathon, they dubbed that song to three Stooges clips. And it was epic! Call Me Maybe wouldn't have worked half as well.

More songs need to be synchronized to Three Stooges clips.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
They did that a few weeks ago with Cell Block Tango, which bothered me more than "Transvestite" (but that's because I'm too busy watching Heather Morris' yummy dancing).

Anyway, here's my list of songs I can't stand:

1.1000 Miles (don't know singer)
2. Bad Day (don't know singer)
3. Your Body is a Wonderland (John Mayer)
4. Don't Know Why (Norah Jones)
Pop. Six squish. Uh uh! Cicero....Lipschitz!