1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Songs You Can't Stand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I mostly like his old stuff, but very little of his newer material.

2. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I was never into anything anyone in school wanted to listen to like the crap music they call "rap". I'd listen to country courtesy of my cousin by Martina McBride, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban. I still like Martina, but I could care less about the other two or other country artists nowadays.

I wanted to like boy bands like Backstreet Boys and N'Sync, but never got into them.

I'm glad I have an iPod and Apple Music, I can control what I listen to.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. MikaelaMuppet

What's Apple Music like for you? I don't have it myself.

4. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

anything by beyonce, i hate her, she can not sing, i hated how she treated the other members of destiny's child.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Apple Music is already installed in any new iPhone. You can chose what music you want to listen to without downloading it, but you do have the option to download or not. Only problem I have is that sometimes you're unable to listen to some songs because the text in a song will be faded for whatever reason and it tends to skip songs when you play music from a playlist.

6. MikaelaMuppet

Apple Music is on my iPhone too, but I just choose not to subscribe.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

Any new En Vogue material. I don't like how the other half of the original members left due to this catfight or whatever.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  8. scooterfan360

i didn't know that they made a comeback.

9. MikaelaMuppet

scooterfan360 likes this.
  10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Actually, she can sing extremely well. Just listen to "If I Was a Boy" or "Freedom", or her rendition of the national anthem. All great vocals. I will say, however, she does have a tendency to over-sing.

11. scooterfan360

i don't think so, i think that Kelly Rowland sings better than her.

12. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Pretty much all songs by Gummibar are extremely annoying. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about: "Oh I'm a gummy bear, yes I'm a gummy bear, I'm a movin' groovin' jammin' singin' gummy bear..." And all of his songs are sung in the most annoying high pitched autotuned voice. There's like 2 or 3 songs by him that I find to be guilty pleasures, but everything else is crap.

13. MikaelaMuppet

I can't stand Auto-Tune either.

14. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

The only people I can tolerate with autotone are T-pain and Owl City.... That's about it.

muppetgem likes this.
  15. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Not even Daft Punk?

"One More Time" is, like, a timeless classic, and it came out when we were kids. There's auto-tune, but it's definitely tolerable.

16. muppetgem

Daft Punk do NOT use autotune. They use vocoder. There's a difference. (Sorry to get nitpicky, it's just me being a dorky fangirl.)

17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Mechanically or digitally altered voices does not make for improved singing.

Case in point: Meghan Trainor. He voice is heavily altered, and it sounds horrible. She sounds like a singing robot with no human emotion whatsoever. Everytime I hear "All About That Bass" or "Lips Are Movin'," I immediately change the station. I can tolerate that song she did with John Legend, however, she almost sounds human in that one.

Nevertheless, it makes me wonder if there's any artist out there today who can genuinely sing, and not have to have their voices altered in any way or form.

18. muppetgem

There's plenty of good singers out there if you look close enough. I once saw a guy on YouTube who did a cover of "Let's Stay Together", and he had such an amazing voice (that wasn't altered in any way).

19. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Well, the Wikipedia article for the song mentions that there's auto-tune, so I went with that.

I don't mind if their music contains it, but I do mind if pop singers use auto-tune a lot (like Meghan Trainor as Snowth pointed out, although I haven't listened to a lot of her music). That's a genre which people usually want to hear genuine singing ability, and I don't think filtering it with AT should be too prevalent. Daft Punk on the other hand I can tolerate, because it's more house/electronica and not necessarily pop.

20. muppetgem

Here's the cover if anyone is interested in hearing it: