1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Songs You Can't Stand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Adele, Lorde, and Swift are actually decent and if pop has to be so bad then I’m glad these three are closer to the top so I don’t have to suffer through the rest as much.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I've no problems with Adele's music, just wish her other songs besides "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" got some more exposure. I don't respect her for getting knocked up out of wedlock, though.

Lorde . . . well . . . until we actually hear her other songs besides "Royals," I'll develop a more objective opinion about her music. Otherwise, all I can say is for someone who has such a miniscule career, her ego's about as massive as Doug Walker's.

Taylor? $#!++y music, $#!++y personality, and basically everything she does is $#!+.

3. Old Thunder

4. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I like Lorde, the issue I have with Adele is her singing voice just sounds like she's crying in every single song, and they sound the same. She has a beautiful speaking voice though.

Though her song "Hello" is pretty decent.

Taylor Swift I just could never get into, and over the years, I feel like her songs got worse and worse as time went on.

5. Old Thunder

But what about WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALLLLLLLL ROLLING IN THE DEEEEP

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

lmao how have i not noticed this!

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  7. LittleJerry92

Tolerable. I'll say that.

8. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Or, "I SET FIIIIIIIYERRRRR TO THE RAAAAAAAINNN"

9. LittleJerry92

Okay I'll admit, that one is also actually pretty decent.

The ones I couldn't really stand were "Rumor Has It" and "NEVERMIND, I'LL FIIIIIND.... SOMEONE LIKE YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU...."

10. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I hate Set Fire to the Rain; Rolling in the Deep was decent when it was the only song I knew by her.

11. D'Snowth

I don't mind that one, honestly. I mean, it's one of the few songs of hers that sounds "different," y'know?

12. LittleJerry92

To each their own.

I dunno - her vocal range threw me off in that one. :smirk:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  13. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Those are pretty dated.

14. LittleJerry92

Honestly, since she's been up in the news alot this year:

Pretty much all of Ariana Grande's music. She tries WAY too hard to copy Mariah Carey, vocally and visually. (I mean, look at her music videos).

Her song "Problem" is easily the worst one, especially with that god-awful solo verse from Iggy Azalea.

15. D'Snowth

Believe it or not, "Cheap Thrills" has grown on me, lol.

Still think Mushroom Hair's singing sounds like she's got a jawbreaker crammed in her mouth.

16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

"If I die Young"

17. GrouchFanatic

GrouchFanatic Well-Known Member

Songs that I still can’t stand:

ANYTHING by Barbra Streisand, Eiffel 65, Queen, the A Teens (ABBA Teens), or the Dixie Chicks, Cher’s song “Believe” (although I LOVE her as an actress, especially as Loretta in Moonstruck & Ruby in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Ruby is Sophie’s grandmother, Donna’s mother), Sting’s song “Desert Rose”, I don’t really hate “Who Are The People in Your Neighborhood”, but my inner Grouch isn’t that fond of it.

18. GrouchFanatic

GrouchFanatic Well-Known Member

But that’s just it; he’s tryin to get the friggin shoes for his DYING mother as 1 last gift to her before she dies. He wanted her to look beautiful for the night that she would b meetin Jesus!

19. D'Snowth

I think I've figured out what the most overrated/overplayed songs of the last few years have been:

- 2014: "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
    - 2015: "Shake it Off" by Taylor $#!+
    - 2016: "Exes and Ohs" by Elle King
    - 2017: "Scars to Your Beautiful" by Alessia Cara tied with "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran
    - 2018: "Havanananana" by Camilla whatever her name is who left Fifth Harmony

GrouchFanatic and LittleJerry92 like this.
  20. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

These songs: