1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Songs You Can't Stand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 30, 2011.

1. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Funny someone mentioned "banana phone"... it used to be my ringtone.
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I mean I hate to pick on the song, I get that it's supposed to be sweet and touching. It's just not the message I would have chosen. To me I would have told the kid to go home and be with his mom instead of worrying that she'll look pretty for Jesus (who just wants to see you, not your shoes). It feels like the adult in the song learned "what Christmas was all about" but the child learned nothing. We're just supposed to go "aww" at how naive the child is, which I found a bit insulting to kids frankly. I know I'm probably being way too analytical, but overall I just find the song overly sappy and simplistic.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I won't buy heralde a pair of shoes for Christmas. Jesus loves her just the way she is.
    heralde likes this.
  4. mo

mo Well-Known Member

dominic the donkey
    bandit likes this.
  5. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

6. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Whoa! You picked some of the songs I also loathe.

Add to this Colbie Caillat's Bubbly because it is inane and ridiculous and mushy in the worst kind of Hallmarky way. I can see the 'Precious Moments' eyes staring back at me already. Yuck!
    Also anything by James Taylor. Same reasons as the above. "You've got a friend..." Too wimpy to sing a song with FEELING! If you sneeze, the man and all of his music will blow away...
    Quick, somebody sneeze.
    Mariah Carey's just about anything. Her caterwauling grates.
    Oh oh! And Lips of an Angel because any song about a guy cheating on his girlfriend just isn't cool....and the guy looks like he is ill.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! I put this on my friend's Christmas music CD....Cause I knew it would annoy him. It's so funny to see it here!
    mo likes this.
  8. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Butterfly kisses! HORRIBLE song! The man infuriates me with his self indulgence and overbearing sappiness.
    Gavin DeGraw's "I'm in Love with A Girl" I didn't like it before the video and I became enraged when I saw it. Whoever she is, he doesn't deserve her. *lol*
  9. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I like a lot of songs of all types but there are a few artists that i can't stand. I nominate anything by John Bon Jovi. I don't think he's terrible. Just a tribute to mediocrity. I have never understood his appeal. How his band has stayed around so long is beyond me. His music packs the same punch as flavorless white bread with the crust cut off. :grouchy:
    newsmanfan and bandit like this.
  10. D'Snowth

I like "Dear or Alive", but that's about it.
  11. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Ooo! Mrroowwwr! Scathing! All true and yet...i cant help but sing along to some of his songs. He has gravity and it puuuuulls. I dont always want to fight it.
  12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

The way you feel about Bon Jovi is the same way I feel about Journey. Just utter blandness, and the fact that Don't Stop Believing has turned into THE song to play at every social event ever held over, say, any other song recorded in the history of sound, is dumbfounding to me.

Regarding Bon Jovi, I thought him putting out a country album a couple years ago was one of the saddest attempts at commercial pandering I've ever seen, and somehow it worked. The fact that a (however nominal) rock artist needed to pander to another audience that badly in order to stay relevant says something bad about the state of today's rock music industry. There's nothing that screams "WASHED UP and DESPERATE" then either putting out a country album, or putting out an album of country remakes of your songs (hello Lionel Richie!). At least Darius Rucker completely washed out of rock before turning to country.
  13. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Anything by Justin Bieber. Just can't stand him.
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Man, that hurt. Bon Jovi is the reason I started listening to music in the first place. Though, I have stopped listening to Bon Jovi lately. I actually liked Lost Highway. It wasn't a great album by any stretch of the imagination but not as horrible as it could have been. Now The Circle (his latest album) was...just...possibly one of the worst albums I have ever bought. We Weren't Born to Follow was the only decent song on it.
  15. D'Snowth

Because Journey is considered to be one of the greatest groups of our time, and that song apparently is considered to be THE number one song of the 80s.
  16. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That's the equivalent of people saying twenty years from now that Third Eye Blind was the best band of the 1990s and that "Semi-Charmed Life" was the song. Strange what time does to music.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  17. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Well, from the look of your avatar we'd probably agree on Foo Fighters. Iiiii like 'em! :halo:
  18. Sgt Floyd

Lol, don't worry, I'm not mad ;) Everyone has different tastes in music. If we didn't, the music industry would be rather boring :p
  19. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

You mean it isn't? Hehe ;)
  20. Sgt Floyd

touche:halo:
    charlietheowl likes this.